Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Painful
Beginner
Beginner

New member / looking for locations

Post by Painful » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 am

Hello,

My name is Ben, I moved out to Fishers from Portland, Maine about 4.5 years ago. I'm looking for some machine locations... DDRFreak seems to be strongly outdated.

I'm familiar with the ITG2s at Pinheads/Fishers and Laser Flash/Carmel. There was a 7th mix at Ben and Ari's, but I found out the other day that they got rid of it about 6 months ago. All of the machines at CIrcle Centre Mall are in an unplayable state (SN2 doesn't even boot), DDRX and PIU pads are in poor condition).

I've been looking for other machines fairly local to play on. I'd love to find a working Extreme if there is one. I also assume there are no IIDX machines out here, but if anyone could give me some heads up, I'd appreciate it.

From what I can see, it looks like there is still a community out here, which is great. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if there are any meet-ups; the community is DDRMaine was incredibly tight, made some friends for life. Likewise, if anyone is interested, Laser flash seems to be in the best condition up on the northside (please, correct me if I'm wrong).

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: New member / looking for locations

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 am

Painful wrote:Hello,

My name is Ben, I moved out to Fishers from Portland, Maine about 4.5 years ago. I'm looking for some machine locations... DDRFreak seems to be strongly outdated.

I'm familiar with the ITG2s at Pinheads/Fishers and Laser Flash/Carmel. There was a 7th mix at Ben and Ari's, but I found out the other day that they got rid of it about 6 months ago. All of the machines at CIrcle Centre Mall are in an unplayable state (SN2 doesn't even boot), DDRX and PIU pads are in poor condition).

I've been looking for other machines fairly local to play on. I'd love to find a working Extreme if there is one. I also assume there are no IIDX machines out here, but if anyone could give me some heads up, I'd appreciate it.

From what I can see, it looks like there is still a community out here, which is great. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if there are any meet-ups; the community is DDRMaine was incredibly tight, made some friends for life. Likewise, if anyone is interested, Laser flash seems to be in the best condition up on the northside (please, correct me if I'm wrong).
Laserflash has a good quality cabinet for ITG2. As for pump, the Pro 2 FX cabinet at Dave and Busters is in ok shape and Latitude 39 has a Infinity TX cabinet that is in amazing condition, but is $2 a pop and is encumbered by live music happening on some weekend nights.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm

I'd say the DDR community is all either on Zenius -I- vanisher.com or the official DDR Facebook page. Take a guess at which one you actually want to visit.

Here's a good arcade database, apparently you can't link to a specific ares though but zooming in on Indy shouldn't be hard: http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcades.php

Shame about the Tilt pads, they were in decent to good condition last time I went. For the record, the X was never good in the first place since that's impossible. It was somehow decent for quite a while, but then it started to give me pad misses.

To be honest, the best chance you have at finding a playable machine anywhere in the US (save for maybe California) is in private collections. Few arcade owners have any desire to properly maintain machines.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:I'd say the DDR community is all either on Zenius -I- vanisher.com or the official DDR Facebook page. Take a guess at which one you actually want to visit.

Here's a good arcade database, apparently you can't link to a specific ares though but zooming in on Indy shouldn't be hard: http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcades.php

Shame about the Tilt pads, they were in decent to good condition last time I went. For the record, the X was never good in the first place since that's impossible. It was somehow decent for quite a while, but then it started to give me pad misses.

To be honest, the best chance you have at finding a playable machine anywhere in the US (save for maybe California) is in private collections. Few arcade owners have any desire to properly maintain machines.
Indeed, the overwhelming majority of community members have opted to get private cabinets partially as a result of this. I almost forgot to mention that the Anderson Mall has a Max2 cabinet to play on the last time I checked.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 am

Painful wrote:Hello,

Welcome to IndyDDR. As others have said, there are a lot of private machines in the Indy area. If you want to get to know some of the locals, I'm sure something can be arranged. I've been meaning to check out Latitude 39's new Pump Infinity cabinet, so maybe we can have some kind of IndyDDR meet-up. I'm free after this week.