PIU no longer in Bloomington...?

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Secef
Standard
Standard

PIU no longer in Bloomington...?

Post by Secef » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 am

I realize this isn't a DDR location, but it IS (or rather, was) a location for PIU, so I figure this goes here.

Classic Lanes here in Bloomington has evidently decided to trade in their PIU Exceed machine for a new game in lieu of trading in Shaq-Fu the pinball game or the ghetto Ms. Pac-Man cabinet. And what did they trade it off for, you may ask?

Gauntlet Legends of all things.

I realize the machine was like a fish out of water over on the west side of Bloomington at that redneck bowling alley, but I liked it there nevertheless. Imagine my surprise walking in there tonight, expecting to hear Chad and Merk stomping away, only to see a tiny little machine in the place PIU once stood. I'm sure they were equally shocked.

However, I remember that the owner of the establishment came and spoke with Jim and I one day while we were playing. He said that they get their machines through the same distributor as the IMU and that PIU actually almost went to the IMU to begin with. That being said, I wonder if the machine has actually left the city or has simply been sort of "rotated" to another arcade furnished by the same distributor, or if the IMU might get it soon. Perhaps Bloomington isn't pumpless, but rather Pump has decided to go back into hiding after giving us a taste of its sweetness.

I dunno, that's just a theory I'm clinging onto for hope. Regardless, it still sucks that it's gone now. =/

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:29 am

Grrrargh! Terrible news =\
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:37 am

A pity. That was my first Pump experience (and boy was it fun!). As a small consolation (to the Bloomington people at least), there is now an Exceed 2 machine at X-Site. Unfortunately, that's on the NORTH side of Indy. Hopefully the Bloomington machine will show back up somewhere.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:07 am

I believe that Purdue is served by the same distributor as IU (Mike Sales), so hopefully we'll get your PIU. Mwuhahahaha!

Pink Pheonix
Standard
Standard

Post by Pink Pheonix » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:54 pm

*a moment of silence for the missing PIU* Yeah, it was a bit strange walking in there and there being a large amount of wall visible, and then it hit us that something was definitely not right.
One time, at Latvian camp...

Fluffyumpkins

Re: PIU no longer in Bloomington...?

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:45 pm

Secef wrote:Imagine my surprise walking in there tonight, expecting to hear Chad and Merk stomping away, only to see a tiny little machine in the place PIU once stood. I'm sure they were equally shocked.
A small part of me died yesterday. We even brought along our friend Kyle to play PIU for the first time.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:16 pm

Bet you felt this angry again when you saw the machine was gone :cry:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:44 pm

Thank goodness that basketball game was still there.