Stepmania machines in Auburn, IN

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Stepmania machines in Auburn, IN

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:24 pm

Thought I would let the community know that soon, very soon, two Solo 2000 machines will be available up at the R.O.C. (Radical Outdoor Challenge) in Auburn!

I'll post more details about their unveiling and such when I get them, but I thought I'd let everybody know.

One detail I know right now, though, is that they'll both stay Solo 2000's for a while, but then one will be modded into something of a 4th+ Solo mix. Please don't ask me how. n_x I was just asked to get this information to everybody.

Like I said, I'll keep you guys updated, and I really hope I'll see some people up there once they become available for play!
Last edited by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:20 pm

Road trip anyone? I will definetly go up there more than once to play Samba Dejanaro.
Warning incoming game!

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:27 pm

Yeah, you can 1337 h4x0r Solo machines into a kind of solo mix of anything up to 7th, I think. Haven't heard about Extreme.

Good stuff, I'll check it out.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Extreme also works. RyogAkari and others have done it.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:35 pm

What is this R.O.C?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:42 pm

Bionix wrote:Road trip anyone? I will definetly go up there more than once to play Samba Dejanaro.

It's only about ten minutes north of Fort Wayne, so I think that hardly constitutes a road trip...

Hell, I used to drive to Auburn on accident every once in awhile when I zoned out and missed my exit on the highway, and the next exit past 116 is in Auburn.

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Post by BLIZZLE » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:48 pm

mexican ninja wrote:What is this R.O.C?
Radical Outdoor Challenge

I haven't been there in a few years but it used to have a really good putt-putt course, go-karts, bank shot basketball, and an arcade. Like I said tho, it's been awhile since I've been there so I have no clue as to what they have now.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:58 pm

It's been a while since I've been up there as well, but I believe that they still have everything but the arcade. With the Solo 2000's going in, though, I think that they'll be picking more games up along the way. Please don't quote me on that, though.

I hope to get you guys a definite date soon, though. I'd be willing to pick people up in Fort Wayne and take them up there. I don't live too far from there, and I can find it.

So long as I don't go Initial D on all you guys on the way up, the we'll be okay. n_n

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Just thought I would add my two cents.

I've been talking with the son of the guy who is purchasing the machines. From what I can tell, it looks like their goal is to link the machines using stepmania, as well as upgrading one of the machines to Solo 4th plus and other things. The first part of their plan is very doable and I've been trying to help work out the kinks and such, but obtaining the upgrade parts for Solo 4th plus is near next to impossible anymore. I know of two people that have such a part and they wouldn't give it up for another machine (seriously).
Solo 4th plus is just too rare to let go of that item.

Anyway, I'll give more info when I get it.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:27 am

LikeableRodent wrote:
Bionix wrote:Road trip anyone? I will definetly go up there more than once to play Samba Dejanaro.

It's only about ten minutes north of Fort Wayne, so I think that hardly constitutes a road trip...

Hell, I used to drive to Auburn on accident every once in awhile when I zoned out and missed my exit on the highway, and the next exit past 116 is in Auburn.

LoL adam you should know that sometimes the what are suppose to be short trips turn out to be an adventure, so who knows what they could be getting into

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:12 pm

Well, I got back from Chicago yesterday, but haven't unloaded the machines, yet. I'll do that and test them all and clean the pads tomorrow.

My ACTUAL plan is this : Put a stepmania machine in the cabinet WITH the internals, and switch them on demand between solo2k and stepmania.

I intend to have tournaments and free play days on mondays. They have to be booked in advance, so we know when we have to open mondays. :P

My arms are SO tired, loading those things were TOUGH, and they just BEARLY fit into our vehicle.

Does anyone know where I can find a couple of solo link kits? I'm not sure if mine have them, I didn't get much chance to look.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:29 pm

See, now wasn't that quick and painless?

-.-

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:54 pm

Okay, the pads are set up, cleaned and ONE bar is on.

If you want to come up for free play day tonight, IM Me. I'm Nabollo.
Or Call Mosh if you know her number. :P

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Mon May 09, 2005 3:56 pm

DOUBLEPOST WHOOOOO!!!!

Anyway, I got link mode working. It is truly sexy.

I just thought you guys would like to know. :P

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon May 09, 2005 7:35 pm

Evan is a light user now and it only took 3 months. w00t