Lazer-X

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Lazer-X

Post by BLIZZLE » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:13 pm

DDR is back up and running after being down for a few days.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Good because I'm comin' on Sunday...

What was wrong with it?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Post by BLIZZLE » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:21 am

To be honest, I don't know...You'll have to ask NEME that.

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Post by BLIZZLE » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:59 pm

Well, not really DDR related but Lazer-X just installed 30 brand new packs...they costed 7 grand a pop so they're pretty nice. MUCH better accuracy. Just giving ya a heads up

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:14 am

Yep, I'm probably coming in some time this weekend to check those sexy packs out.

Can't wait to nail a damn kid from across the arena.

However, if I can, so can they. Will need to be more careful, I guess. The point system all works the same as before, right? Anything different about the delay after being shot, etc?
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:37 am

BLIZZLE wrote:Well, not really DDR related but Lazer-X just installed 30 brand new packs...they costed 7 grand a pop so they're pretty nice. MUCH better accuracy. Just giving ya a heads up

Awesome. The reason I never played laser tag there was because I couldn't stand their old packs.

Wait, 7 grand a pop... they just spent $210,000 on new laser tag packs?

The next time I'm in Fort Fun and have the chance I'll probably stop by and test them out.

JB
Light
Light

Laser Tag

Post by JB » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:35 pm

Once upon a time I got a few quotes for lazer tag equiptment. My results in price were varied. Dependant on which models were purchased it is possible, maybe even cost more.

And the cost of the lazer equiptment isn't the only cost..... Electricity to charge up those packs isn't cheap, professional arena setup costs good money to, and this doesn't even approach staff and other associated costs.

That is the reason so many Lazer Tag places go under is the upfront and ongoing cost of the equiptment.

Never been to this lazer tag arcade, but it is really cool that Lazer X is able to keep up with the technology curve.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:55 pm

Fort Wayne is blessed (yes, blessed) to have two great and large laser tag arenas. If you want to play in a claustrophobic arena that let's you sneak through a maze of hallways then you can go to Ultrazone. Conversely, if you want to play in a large open-air arena you can head about a half mile down the street to Lazer-X.

The only reason I went to Lazer-X was to play DDR, because while I liked their actual arena I couldn't stand playing with their old packs. Fortunately it looked like they fixed that.

After some google searching I found used 30-pack systems going for around $30,000-$50,000, so I suppose I can see new ones running for about $210,000, though I still think that seems like too much.

JB
Light
Light

Technology and price

Post by JB » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:44 pm

I agree the likelyhood of the complete cost to be 210k is highly unlikely, but who knows there are custom systems out there that cost even more. But just for sake of discussion.

Think of it this way would you pay me $500 today for a Pentium II 266 64mb ram 6.4 hdd system that retailed for $3000 when it was new? Probably not...... If so I have one to sell you. :D

On the other hand the argument could be brought for that Lazer Tag equiptment isn't as widely available as computer hardware. That is why you see used systems for 30-50k. Since these systems are second hand you are financing another laser tag facility's purchase of new equiptment, pulling some bad debt off of a failed business venture, or possibly inheriting a host of other functionality problems. They could be great for you or not.

Regardless of reasoning, especially since I don't work for Lazer X, it's good to see forward movement towards better technology in any facility. Who knows? Maybe they just are trying to have a competitive edge against the local competition? 8)

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Post by BLIZZLE » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:38 pm

Actually, 36 new packs were bought so it was a total of $250,000 if my math is correct. Within the cost of the packs included the chargers, a full 1 year warrenty, and replacment parts. The batteries with these packs last 24 hours on a charge so they'll be able to run games more often. On last Saturday alone they earned $5000+ and that's without any public knowledge of the packs besides those who pass by and see it on the sign out front. Once we start running commericals and everything else, I expect those sales will increase over all. Yes, in time the new affect will wear off but for now, things are looking very stong.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:42 am

That's awesome. o_o

And with all the dang parties, granted the little kids/little adults don't break shit, yeah, things are going very well.

Little adults...*snicker* I remember one time I was watching a game and a guy (early twenties) came to me with his pack. He'd busted the front off of it completely and his gun was unhooked, I think. It apparently happened when he was going down the ramp. And NOT running, of course, because nobody runs in there EVAR.

Wasn't sure whether to send him back in or attach him to an adult for parental supervision first.

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:28 pm

Yeah, you can shoot people from across the arena now, sometimes if you're in opposite corners it won't register, but other than that they work consistently. I actually liked the old ones better because I knew what you had to do to tag people and no one knew how to tag me. Oh well, they're pretty cool, and much more comfortable.
Steve Fletcher

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:48 pm

Played tag on Saturday night, and my judgement is that these packs are...

SO GOOD!!!

=D They're sweet. Seriously. If Ultrazone had ANYTHING on X before, it has less than nothing now. The packs kick ass.

BLIZZLE
Light
Light

Post by BLIZZLE » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Well that's easy, they never did.

It's just a matter of time now :twisted:

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:44 pm

You're the most evil hobbit I know.