Tuesdays are now "Pump It Up" Days!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Tuesdays are now "Pump It Up" Days!!

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Okay, it isn't quite DDR, but I didn't know where to put it. Feel free to move it to a better location if you can find one!

I picked up a flyer tonight from X-site. Features of this PIU Tuesday include...

25 for $5 token deal
Buy one get one half price Laser Tag
$1.00 drink refills with X-site plastic cup.

^_^ Thought I'd let you guys know, especially the Tuesday night crew!!

Blaze
Standard
Standard

Post by Blaze » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:49 pm

This might Fit under Locations best. Other than that Arcade or Getting together would be my ideas.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:21 pm

Blaze wrote:This might Fit under Locations best.

Agreed. Locations it is!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:00 am

Neat! I was talking with the manager, Kenja, for a good hour or so while I was there last week. We discussed several ideas about how to promote their new Pump It Up machine. She was very nice and receptive. I'm glad to see that she has decided to move on it so fast.

We've also been working on some other promotions surrounding PIU and should have some more information in a couple weeks as things come together.

Thanks, Yume, for the news. And thanks, Kenja, for welcoming the growing Pump It Up community.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:33 am

This is Casey, I jus felt I had to post on this. Ho, if you tried to setup a day to help promote, why did you pick Tuesday? Tuesday is Gameworks day, and ALOT of people go to TBT still. You could have picked a wednesday for midweek at least. Sure, you have your tiny group that likes to go to Xsite, but the group is still small compared to the GW group. We would also like to visit Xsite once in a while you know.

Oh well, 5 more tokens for 5$ isn't much of a 'deal' anyways. Thats what most token based arcades do daily.

Sorry Yuma, but Tuesday will always be TBT. 5$ for 25 tokens doesn't even come close to competing with 10$ unlimited play from 3pm-9pm.

Xsite: PIU Xceed 2

GW: Initial D V3, DDR, Tekken 5, VC3, and a whole bunch more.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm YUME, for one.

And two, since I work and stuffs...it's a lot easier for me to go to X-site than to withstand the living hell of driving to, and parking in, downtown Indy. Not to mention that the DDR machines like to do crazy stuff, and I'm horrible at fighting games. ^_^

So I'm actually rather happy at the news. :P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:42 pm

Casey,

I didn't specifically request the date. I was merely discussing possibilities and ideas with her. But it was an obvious choice since there's already an established group of players attending on that day that she is wanting to reach out to and say thank you. It's not the mega-deal of the century, but it's a good start and a nice little bonus for those of us who are already there anyway.

TBT is fine...lord knows I have a huge stack of TBT cards from when I went every week. But you mention four games and "a whole bunch more" that I have no interest in playing right now. Not to mention that I can't get all that excited about going downtown.

X-Site is simply a different offering. Different games, different location--both of which appeal to me more than anything GW has currently. Nobody is asking you to abandon TBT if that's what you'd rather do.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Still Casey:

I'm sorry, its just my understanding this is indyDDR, and it seems all you are promoting anymore is PIU, and "go here, pressure pressure pressure, its where I'm at" kinda statements. Xsite isn't even a DDR location, which is 99.9% of the majority on this site.

Yuma, do you honestly think I care how your name is spelled? I wasn't even talking to you.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:24 pm

I am happy about this deal, and I'll probably be coming back to tuesdays anyway. But yea it does seem like all you guys want to do is play PIU. Part of the reason I dont come much on tuesdays anymore is because I just don't like the game. I have nothing against it, and I'm not insulting it or calling it a ddr ripoff, it just doesen't appeal to me. And now that it's summer everyone wil be seeing a lot more of me :D

and p.s - Xsite really doesent make me want to spend $20 a week there. I used to, just because they had PIU and that racing game, sega rally. Those are the only good games there IMO, And i got bored of them. Now gw, WOW. me = never get bored there.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:27 pm

Wow, aren't we just a ray of sunshine?

Since this was a PIU thread to begin with, you basically came to bitch. Bravo.

It doesn't sound like a very good deal to me, either, but at least they're trying and doing what they can to spread some word about it. :?
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:30 pm

i hope u werent talking to me......
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:37 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Wow, aren't we just a ray of sunshine?

Since this was a PIU thread to begin with, you basically came to bitch. Bravo.

It doesn't sound like a very good deal to me, either, but at least they're trying and doing what they can to spread some word about it. :?
basically Yuma is trying to say the place to be suddenly is Xsite on Tuesdays, which is pretty strange considering TBT has been around for over 4 years now. I know, I've been going almost every tuesday.

Xsite's a great place, don't get me wrong, but this is not only a DDR forum, but Tuesday has been a "DDR" day since before she even thought of DDR or this group in general.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:34 pm

I've got lizards in my head.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:41 pm

But seriously, Thank you Lady Yunalesca for making the community aware of said deal. While not being the best in the world, it will make my pocketbook a bit happier.

Casey, another good day to show up is Friday, I show up frequently on Fridays as do others (TaQa, Ho, 4th graders playing laser tags), and as you said the deal isn't that big a deal, so Friday is just as good.

I definately disagree that this site should be ALL about the didder. I like to see a nice variety of music rhythm games being discussed. Chances are if you like one, you wil try another, and another, and another......

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:41 pm

Potter wrote:i hope u werent talking to me......
No, definitely not. I took forever posting, so that was entirely my fault. n_x

I don't think she was really trying to make Tuesdays at XSite the hottest thing since sliced bread or anything. She likes to hype up her posts, though, because it makes them fun to read and it gets people excited about what she's writing about. It's a noteable tactic.

Now Pump it Up days are another option for Tuesdays. *shrugs* Now the board knows.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.