47%
53%

Total votes: 19

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:00 pm

What the fuck people?! :!: PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP :!:

Seriously folks, the interface takes like, 3 games to get used to, and the steps are new at first (which is part of the fun!), but it FUCKING RULES!

Shit, I'd crap my pants if you guys replaced the old machine with a brand new shiny Pump Ex2! Think about it, Pump, ITG2, and (bleh) Extreme all withing in short driving distance.

I swore 3 times in this short post. Fuck.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:12 pm

(Moved to Locations.)

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:08 pm

In response to Hos coments, Yes they know the cost of both but they are still up in the air on if it is gonna happen. I am seriously pushing for PIU cause if we get that then we will have ITG2, PIU, and extreme all within 3 blocks of each other and the variety will be great for you guys no matter where you go. So you can split you time on fridays I.E. Etreme, Keybordmania, and gitaur freak until 9 then, ITG2, PIU, and IIDX thier after.

One thing i have noticed with alot of you guys is that you are to afraid to try something new and because of that you get this automatic hatred for the game I.E. when we first got ITG, you guys wouldnt evn try it until i said something then i told you to play it and BAM! you liked it. I am 100% certian that will be the case with PIU if we get it. I have only played PIU a handfull of times but i have loved every song(Except HATE! I HATE HATE!) i have played on PIU (Stairian!).
Warning incoming game!

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:32 pm

Bionix wrote:
One thing i have noticed with alot of you guys is that you are to afraid to try something new and because of that you get this automatic hatred for the game I.E. when we first got ITG, you guys wouldnt evn try it until i said something then i told you to play it and BAM! you liked it. I am 100% certian that will be the case with PIU if we get it. I have only played PIU a handfull of times but i have loved every song(Except HATE! I HATE HATE!) i have played on PIU (Stairian!).
In my defense I never hated ITG. I was one of the few who proclaimed it's awesome-ness.

But seriously folks, Marks right. PIU is a blast to play. I wouldn't lie to you. Ok, I might lie to Chris about what I did to Trucky, but thats beside the point.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:02 pm

The problem is the closed-mindedness.

ITG and PIU isn't DDR. And people continually want to play both games like they are DDR.

Well ITG is closest to DDR because of it's developers, but PIU is not.

BOTH games however aim NOT to be DDR, which is one thing some people just simply can't get over, and they will constantly complain "it sucks because it's not like DDR, it's awkward, and I can't used to it" and since they have no patience to play it (just like most American gamers), "the songs all suck, the interface sucks, blah blah blah sucks, I hate it."

Well yeah, if you go playing Castlevania with the mindset that it's a Super Mario Bros, of course you'll hate it. It's harder, you can't stomp on enemies, you can't run, sure the extra weapons are cool, but it's sloooow, hard, and it's not SMB. Well DUH. It's not MEANT to be SMB.

On that same vein, PIU and ITG are not meant to be DDR, copying DDR, or emulating it. Well, maybe not ITG, but PIU anyway.

And while I enjoy PIU more than ITG, it's not like I don't hate playing ITG. I prefer PIU because the fanbase is a lot more tame, not as rabid as most ITGers I've run into (whom I've told my ITG friends and developers that the fanbase alone is constantly ruining ITG for me, it gets harder for me to enjoy the game because 80% of the fans are closed-minded and bother the living shi+ out of me), but it won't prevent me from trying out ITG2 and saying "y'know, this game can be fun."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:13 pm

LOL ho the rides arent the problem its me being lazy. And castleton personally sucks . The yhave one good game. ONE
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:36 pm

Voted option 1.

Having played several times on both Pump It Up Exceed and ITG2 in a dedicated cabinent I find that ITG2 is, to me, a more entertaining experience. Both games are fun and unique in their own right, but I'd much rather play ITG2 in a dedicated cabinent if I had to choose one over the other. As a consumer, that is my opinion, but if I had to think like somone who cared for the well-being of Putt-Putt then I'd go with option 2 because the price tag of Pump It Up is much smaller. No matter what though, one of these options should be taken because the current machine at Putt-Putt is not going to last much longer.

I wonder though, what Putt-Putt would do with their current ITG2 kit if they go with option 1.

Anyway, if I had the opportunity to make any changes myself to Putt-Putt then I'd go with upgrading the IIDX machine to 8th style. Eh? Who's with me? 8)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:44 pm

Potter wrote:LOL ho the rides arent the problem its me being lazy. And castleton personally sucks . The yhave one good game. ONE
Well, that's all a matter of opinion. In this case, I agree. X-Site has only one game that I'm interested in playing. However, that's exactly one more game than I'm interested in at GW. No offense intended to GW...I went there solely for DDR for quite sometime, but I have virtually no desire to play it at the present time.

But my point still stands...regardless of which of these happens in Ft. Wayne (or neither), ALL of the games in question are available to you here in the Indianapolis area. So I am still puzzled as to why you're making such a big stink over your personal hatred of Pump with regard to a location two hours away. Have you ever even been there?

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:06 pm

XeroCi wrote:DDR 5th Mix is the reason I go to the Fort.. that and Beatmania and ITG sometime.

I wanna try keyboard mania too... Guitar Freaks is awesome...

The fort is awesome for bemani x.x

Lucky guys.
I didn't know you came to the Fort... n_x Whee, I'm absentminded. -.- But we do have a ton of Bemani here. *sage nod*

The 5th is mah baby. n___n!!!

You know what I'd really like? Some obscure mix of DDR. That'd be great...
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:25 pm

chill ho-man, I dont hate pump, I just know that the people that like itg type songs probably wont liek the songs on pump. IDK, Im not making a fuss i just saying they wont e sorry if they go with itg2.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 pm

Wow, difficult choice.

As much as I want a DC to replace the currently dying PP pads, I want PIU within a 5-10 minute drive, rather than having to go to Indy to play.

Why do you guys hate on PIU? The interface is much different than ddr, yes, but like Jeff said, takes maybe 5 plays at the most to get used to. If you're still confused, ask someone else playing or *gasp* go on the internet to find out speed mod codes. Heck, most Exceed's I've played on HAVE THE STEPCODES on the CONSOLE AS STICKERS! The steps are just as fun as DDR/ITG once you get used to where the arrows are. That's usually the hardest part, is learning to step completely where DDR tells you NOT to step.

PIU is fun, ITG is fun. We already have a working EX in Ft. Wayne. So

Option2.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:50 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Wow, difficult choice.

As much as I want a DC to replace the currently dying PP pads, I want PIU within a 5-10 minute drive, rather than having to go to Indy to play.

Why do you guys hate on PIU? The interface is much different than ddr, yes, but like Jeff said, takes maybe 5 plays at the most to get used to. If you're still confused, ask someone else playing or *gasp* go on the internet to find out speed mod codes. Heck, most Exceed's I've played on HAVE THE STEPCODES on the CONSOLE AS STICKERS! The steps are just as fun as DDR/ITG once you get used to where the arrows are. That's usually the hardest part, is learning to step completely where DDR tells you NOT to step.

Option2.
well you can play PIU in Fremont...

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:02 pm

seveneleven wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:Wow, difficult choice.

Option2.
well you can play PIU in Fremont...
An hour away= no consistent place to play. I'm not driving an hour, thanks.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:50 pm

I have a brilliant idea.

PP should sell their current machine, and use that money towards buying a brand new PIU machine and a brand new ITG2 machine.

VoiD
Beginner
Beginner

Post by VoiD » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:11 am

Hard choice, but after careful consideration, i vote for option two. It would be nice to have a PIU machine at PP, i think it would draw a decent fan base and add variety to PP.