HALF-LIFE 2(not a flame thread)

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

HALF-LIFE 2(not a flame thread)

Post by seveneleven » Sun May 15, 2005 1:52 pm

I just got the game this year. i Like it for the most part but all in all the weapons SUCK. But it is still the best game that ive played this year.Along wih resident evil 4:P

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun May 15, 2005 2:33 pm

I love this game. When you can run it on everything high 1600x1200........you orgasm. Ive played the wjhole game like this but i got real busy so ive got one more level to go before i beat it. Right now im righting the tripods.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Re: HALF-LIFE 2(not a flame thread)

Post by Original Sin » Sun May 15, 2005 3:05 pm

seveneleven wrote:I just got the game this year. i Like it for the most part but all in all the weapons SUCK. But it is still the best game that ive played this year.Along wih resident evil 4:P
The weapons don't suck, exactly. You just have to have skill to use them properly. The weapons are much more realistic than a lot of other games, for one thing. Assault weapons are NOT long range weapons...that's why the SMG and the Pulse rifle are useless at anything more than 50 feet.
Also, the gravity gun should be your best friend...seriously. If you learn how to use that thing properly, you won't need any other gun...
Except the RPG when you have to shoot things down, but other than that. Gravity Gun = best concept for a FPS game EVER.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 1:53 am

Potter wrote:I love this game. When you can run it on everything high 1600x1200........you orgasm. Ive played the wjhole game like this but i got real busy so ive got one more level to go before i beat it. Right now im righting the tripods.
That part blows so much ass :/
The ending of the game will either blow you away, or you'll fucking hate it to death.
Either way, i loved the game and installed it again last night to play through it again.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 7:22 am

The ending is a trip. It was cool, but I'm still disappointed.
I want more! I want at least a tiny sense of closure dammit!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 7:54 am

IMO most of the weapons suck.
The weapons don't suck, exactly. You just have to have skill to use them properly. The weapons are much more realistic than a lot of other games, for one thing. Assault weapons are NOT long range weapons...that's why the SMG and the Pulse rifle are useless at anything more than 50 feet.
Also, the gravity gun should be your best friend...seriously. If you learn how to use that thing properly, you won't need any other gun...
Except the RPG when you have to shoot things down, but other than that. Gravity Gun = best concept for a FPS game EVER.
Well your wrong i went through the whole game with just the SMG(w/ exception to the RPG) but tommorow i try w/ nothin but the CROWBAR!!! :twisted:

Vince
Standard
Standard

Post by Vince » Mon May 16, 2005 8:03 am

I haven't played the game much myself, but the Gravity Gun is insane. It's more of a tool than a gun, but either way, it's a very cool concept and one of the contributing factors in keeping HL2 innovative.
-Vince
"I was seein this real good lookin woman for about six weeks until somebody stole the binoculars out of my truck." ~Larry the Cable Guy

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon May 16, 2005 8:11 am

Man, gravity guns rock.

Especially when you're using them pile the bodies of the innocent to construct a twisted monument to Satan in the front yard of your addition home.

Fountain of blood added for a small additional fee.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 8:21 am

Wow i never woulda thougt of the fountain of blood :shock: ........................dont forget about the people surrounding it chanting some demonic hymn

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 8:26 am

Vince wrote:I haven't played the game much myself, but the Gravity Gun is insane. It's more of a tool than a gun, but either way, it's a very cool concept and one of the contributing factors in keeping HL2 innovative.
True, it's a tool and all, but you get the hang of it, you'll barely even need to pull out an actual gun in combat. Especially when there's saw blades and metal shards laying around....You nail someting with those, instant kill/dismemberment.
I cut a guy in half with a stop sign. Now THAT was satisfying. You can grab damn near anything and use it as a weapon...Hell, I killed a guy with a bright yellow milk crate. :wink:

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 8:57 am

Wow and i thought killing them with the washing machine was cool but a milk crate WOW! :shock: i think ill try a computer to see if that would work there like everywhere. but it still upsets me that you cant hurt them with health packs :(

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon May 16, 2005 10:03 am

You can hurt people with health packs!??!

XD XD XD

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 4:45 pm

Nope. :(

I wish you could though. :twisted:

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon May 16, 2005 4:59 pm

OH. Sorry, I read what you wrote as you CAN hurt people with health packs.

My bad. n_x

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 5:08 pm

no harm no foul