Counter Strike

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun May 15, 2005 3:01 pm

It's not the fact that they're competing, it's the fact that they're going about it like they are.
I'm not trying to be the voice of reason this time Adam. This is my 'OMG shut the fuck up.' voice. I don't want to see a decent game drop to the level of Halo fandom.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun May 15, 2005 4:13 pm

I merely figured that they're simply having fun with these petty arguments, which is what these games are all about, ne?

CS reached its "level of Halo fandom" oh so long ago, it's just that by now it's old enough that it's tapered down.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun May 15, 2005 4:15 pm

Yeah, but at least CS takes a bit of skill to be good at. :roll:

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun May 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Original Sin wrote:Yeah, but at least CS takes a bit of skill to be good at. :roll:
Which is why I suck horribly at it.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun May 15, 2005 4:27 pm

ya but your avatar makes up for it.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun May 15, 2005 4:57 pm

And to think I was beginning to think that I had no worth as a human being.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun May 15, 2005 5:04 pm

Glad I could help.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 1:59 am

asking for proof of Cal-M is not flopping my e-penis around, or whatever.
It's called i KNOW cal-m and I people, who have worked their asses off to become good at a game, and I hate it when people say IM TEH CAL-M! and don't back it up. It makes them look like they've put a lot of hard work in if you believe them, but they really haven't done shit. Same with in real life if you have a friend who worked his ass off to get good grades or something, then you know of another kid who has the same grades, but they cheated and took easy ass classes to get it. Same Idea.
Cal-m and I takes a ton of hard fucking work, and it pisses me off when people lie about it. Cal-m and I guys know to post proof for this very reason, because they know they worked their asses off to get where they are today, and they don't like people claiming cal-m/i anymore than I do.
CoL and NoA, 3D, and others have all worked extremely hard, and spent countless dollars (although nowadays it's more sponsors, like CoL really didn't pay for much lol, they got everything bought for them, but they're damn good, so it's ok) to get where they are.
It's called respect, and I hate it when people try to get respect without earning it.
It's total bullshit.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 7:24 am

You're going to have a very hard time living in this world then...
There is no honor left, no sense of decency.
Respect is practically a thing of the past, sadly.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 8:58 am

:!: INDEED :!:

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 4:18 pm

Original Sin wrote:You're going to have a very hard time living in this world then...
There is no honor left, no sense of decency.
Respect is practically a thing of the past, sadly.
And that's exactly why I don't like america, and am planning on moving very soon depending on if I can transfer to japan for college soph year.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 16, 2005 4:55 pm

me and sin are moving with you fpd.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 5:15 pm

I wanna go to!!!! :D

jk

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 6:46 pm

Supposedly it's very hard for forigners to actually reside in Japan for more than a few years. I'm not sure if it's the legal/government systems, or just fitting into society though.
Personally, I loved it there, even though it was only a little over 2 weeks. Now, whether they liked me or not....I'll never know. The Japanese have that funny habit of masking their feelings, so they're uber polite to you (which is good), but could secretly be plotting to kill you. :wink:

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 9:26 pm

Original Sin wrote:Supposedly it's very hard for forigners to actually reside in Japan for more than a few years. I'm not sure if it's the legal/government systems, or just fitting into society though.
Personally, I loved it there, even though it was only a little over 2 weeks. Now, whether they liked me or not....I'll never know. The Japanese have that funny habit of masking their feelings, so they're uber polite to you (which is good), but could secretly be plotting to kill you. :wink:
It's kinda hard to live over there for life, at least to get citezenship it's a total pain in the ass, and you have to chang your name to a japanese one, but yeah, it'd be a lot better to live there for a few years than to stay here for four more months.