HALF-LIFE 2(not a flame thread)

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 5:21 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:OH. Sorry, I read what you wrote as you CAN hurt people with health packs.

My bad. n_x
You can throw the boxes that contain the packs though :)
I always run out of ammo, and am low on life, so i pick up a box with health in it, throw it at a zombie to kill it, then pick up the health and ammo lol.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 6:42 pm

seveneleven wrote:IMO most of the weapons suck.
The weapons don't suck, exactly. You just have to have skill to use them properly. The weapons are much more realistic than a lot of other games, for one thing. Assault weapons are NOT long range weapons...that's why the SMG and the Pulse rifle are useless at anything more than 50 feet.
Also, the gravity gun should be your best friend...seriously. If you learn how to use that thing properly, you won't need any other gun...
Except the RPG when you have to shoot things down, but other than that. Gravity Gun = best concept for a FPS game EVER.
Well your wrong i went through the whole game with just the SMG(w/ exception to the RPG) but tommorow i try w/ nothin but the CROWBAR!!! :twisted:
If you went through the whole game with the SMG, I'm assuming you used Impulse 101 (ammo code.)?
Reasons:
SMG eats ammo like candy.
SMG ammo is only in certain areas of the game.
It can take an entire clip to land enough hits to kill something at more than 50 to 100 feet. Keeping that in mind, there's a lot of long distance shooting near the end of the game.

If you did cheat for ammo, that's fine. I don't really care. But you can't really say you went through the whole game with the SMG is you had to cheat to get ammo for it.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 7:12 pm

no i didnt use that cheat i just ran alot + noclip

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon May 16, 2005 7:18 pm

seveneleven wrote:no i didnt use that cheat i just ran alot + noclip

You need to cheat to beat this game? Wow. Lame.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon May 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Nope srry to diappoint ya but i beat the game w/o cheats the first time.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 16, 2005 9:17 pm

thats exactly what I do. I play the whole game through without cheats the way the game is supposed to be played. The after I beat it I might play it agian with stuff like noclicp to see stuff that i couldent have the first time.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon May 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Yeah. I always beat it fair the first time through. I havn't actually played through it a second time yet, but I should get around to doing that. :roll:

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Mon May 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Potter wrote:thats exactly what I do. I play the whole game through without cheats the way the game is supposed to be played. The after I beat it I might play it agian with stuff like noclicp to see stuff that i couldent have the first time.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing this time. It's fun to have the guns that you're not supposed to have yet, and just blow the shit out of stuff :)
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue May 17, 2005 7:20 am

One of my favorite past times is going out in the open, and flying the RPG rockets around. Fun stuff, especially when you get them to do loops, and get them to come back at you. :wink:

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 17, 2005 8:05 am

Back on topic i beat HL2 in under 4 hours!!!! no Cheating!!! :D