ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Yeah that's definitely not Urien. It looks more like Chun-Li or Yang or someone with MC Hammer pants or mega thighs

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Someone put some pretty convincing explanation that this is Alex. That's my bet.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Well it has to be an unannounced character because Ono always trolls people with stuff like this and that dumb little Blanka doll. I feel like Seth is too similar to Urien, so my guess is Alex too.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:45 am

Hakan will be pro tier.
Attachments
atam.gif
atam.gif (45.83 KiB) Viewed 6483 times

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Looks like the evo thing is happening in indiana according to event hubs. Ps my new costume is cooooool

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Riot wrote:Looks like the evo thing is happening in indiana according to event hubs. Ps my new costume is cooooool
See if Fohdeesha Media will sponsor you.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:48 am

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/ ... /#comments

Kinda wanna do this so I can play mvc3 with some friends who only have ps3 or if I ever go to a tourney that's held on ps3... Too nervous to mess with the insides because I feel like I'd mess things up but if any of you guys feel confident I'd try it.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 am

So tonight I started playing Gen.

I'm so bad at this game.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 am

Well playing Gen won't help that... :P he can be good if you invest a lot of practice because people don't really know how to play against him and he has some mixups.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:48 am

http://www.phreakmods.com/products/teasy-mod

http://shoryuken.com/content/tournament ... -360-2323/

I actually really wanna do this but I'm still nervous... Chad/Merk how comfortable would you feel attempting this? =P The Dual Strike mod (http://shoryuken.com/f177/dual-strike-p ... de-219484/) for sale with the TEasy works for lots of systems and MAME and stuff. Might be an interesting project if you wanted to put nice joysticks in your custom cabinet in the garage.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 pm

TOKIDO MURDER FACE

what a great match

This is actually kinda funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqxgSZZ_Ank#t=1m0s pros trolling xbox live players

"gamerbee is still playing final fantasy... i don't think he's impressed by this performance."
Last edited by Riot on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Riot wrote:Well playing Gen won't help that... :P he can be good if you invest a lot of practice because people don't really know how to play against him and he has some mixups.
It's moreso that I still don't have a stick and it's virtually impossible to do any combos into hands (mk-hands, roll dash hands) on a 360 controller. My charges with him are also really wonky on the controller. Half the time my ogas are just jump kicks.

I think I'm gonna buy one of the Mad Catz round two sticks since they're 20% off right now with a discount on shoryuken.
Last edited by SoDeepPolaris on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Riot wrote:Well playing Gen won't help that... :P he can be good if you invest a lot of practice because people don't really know how to play against him and he has some mixups.
It's moreso that I still don't have a stick and it's virtually impossible to do any combos into hands (mk-hands, roll dash hands) on a 360 controller. My charges with him are also really wonky on the controller.

I think I'm gonna buy one of the Mad Catz round two sticks since they're 20% off right now with a discount on shoryuken.
They are mighty awesome. They take a good two or three weeks to get used to it but I can't play on a controller anymore. I dunno how people FADC and stuff on a controller.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Riot wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:
It's moreso that I still don't have a stick and it's virtually impossible to do any combos into hands (mk-hands, roll dash hands) on a 360 controller. My charges with him are also really wonky on the controller.

I dunno how people FADC and stuff on a controller.
Very carefully.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

I really want to read a post by Chad raging about Gouken.

And for anyone interested in playing this game and being good at it, don't bother. This game is all about bullshit 1-frame links. Sure Third Strike had its own level of bullshit, but at least that game was fun to play. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to play a character at a high level because oops! you missed pressing a button at the exact 1/60 of a second you were supposed to in order to pull off your baller combo.

FADC -> ultra, whatever, that shit at least makes sense and just takes a little practice. I want to play a fighting game when I play a fighting game, not some obtuse rhythm game, I already have plenty of experience with that.

Honestly, it wouldn't be a problem if every God damn character didn't require 1-frame links.