ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am

title of this thread should be changed to "Riot and Merk discuss Super Street Fighter IV"

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am

Actually it should probably be changed to "Riot posts new SSF4 info in hopes ANYBODY cares and wants to discuss it with him but nobody ever does"

p.s. the Balrog theme sounds like Daft Punk. Pretty cool.

Cactusjuice
Light
Light

Post by Cactusjuice » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm

That's okay, I'm interested in SSF4 too. Sadly though, I blew my load on the special edition of God of War 3, so SSF4 might have to wait a little bit... :cry:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Watching a pro stream now... http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky

Dhalsim, Makoto, and Guy are surprisingly good. Dhalsim's got all sorts of new tricks, and was the only one of the cast not to get damage toned down. Akuma got hit with some minor nerfs though, poop!

Cactusjuice
Light
Light

Post by Cactusjuice » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Guy was one of those characters in Alpha that I'd play around with whenever I felt like just messing around... Playstyle seems very Fei Long-ish to me though.

As far as Akuma goes though, I almost never used him in SF4. I mainly stuck to Guile and Cammy, with some Fei Long thrown in there. Looking forward to Makoto though. I can't help but wonder if they're going to do any more with Abel. I kept hoping they'd just reveal that he was Charlie, but no-go I guess...

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:30 pm

I might even renew my live gold when this comes out.

However the latency issues on SF4 were fucking terrible. Half of my cannon spikes wouldn't register because a hadouken like 10 frames late would hit me.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 am

Brief overview of how the new online modes work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7DlsMB ... eature=sub

And free Tournament Mode DLC coming in June that's going to add bracketed tournies. Sounds fun!

p.s. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 got its first trailer too if you care! It's being made by the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom team and looks like it'll have a similar style. Looks like Chris Redfield is in there, so maybe we'll see a Jill Sandwich character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGkAmYL ... r_embedded

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... l-artwork/

Been keeping a pretty good secret since 2008. I bet this one will be more balanced considering it's reworked from the ground up and Capcom has been getting balance better lately. I might try it out since I'm sure it'll be pretty big competitively. Not a real big comic book/Marvel fan though... where is my Capcom vs SquareEnix?

Cactusjuice
Light
Light

Post by Cactusjuice » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

I dunno - Square should have its own fighting game (Dissidia doesn't count in my book).

Something like Chrono vs. Garland, some Star Ocean character vs. some Dragon Quest character, etc. - maybe have it work kinda like Smash Bros. or something like that.

MvC3 could be good - I'll pick it up regardless, because it can't possibly be as horribly broken as MvC2 was...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Dissidia was fun and all, but it wasn't a fighting game, it was just a 3d action rpg pretty much. I don't know how technical and good it would be though, since Square's forte isn't fighting games. But I like mash-ups, so if they can put some RPG elements in that'd be fun, even though I don't think that would work well in a competitive online game.

Anyways Josh, I know you buttheads have SSF4 behind the counters at Gamestop just giveeee it toooooo meeeeeee =((((((((((((( I'm dying here!

Cactusjuice
Light
Light

Post by Cactusjuice » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:34 pm

LOL. If it's street-dated, then yeah, it's probably sitting around there, but if not, then we probably won't see it in the store til the 26th or opening time on the 27th. I sooooooooooo wish my car hadn't decided to take a crap on me last week (this is the 3rd time since I got it >_<). Otherwise, I'd have the money to pick up my copy of SSF4 :cry:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm

It's street dated for Tuesday, but there are tons of people all over the country who are getting the game from mom and pop stores and K-Mart/Wal Marts and stuff. I have it pre-ordered and all the stores have the game, but now it's just a bunch of dumb rules keeping it behind the counters. sigh! Oh well I guess I'll finish up Mass Effect 2 or something. Wish there was a midnight release for SSF4... or just an early release anyways. Bunch of people who ordered through Capcom got e-mail saying date was pushed up to the 23rd, but I doubt any stores will change date.

Cactusjuice
Light
Light

Post by Cactusjuice » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:47 pm

I want to know what SSF4 has in store for people who already have the original SF4. The suspense is killing me!!! >_<

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Cactusjuice wrote:I want to know what SSF4 has in store for people who already have the original SF4. The suspense is killing me!!! >_<
It's just like 2 extra colors for each character... they are kind of like inky/sketched shaders. Not that cool, but better than nothing.

Sorry if I deflated your suspense =P

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:31 am

Cactusjuice wrote:Square should have its own fighting game (Dissidia doesn't count in my book).
Tobal no.1, Tobal 2, Bushido Blade, Bushido Blade 2, and Ehrgeiz must not count either.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO got it 4 days early from the dummies at KMart on the west side. They had it out on the shelves and had no clue it wasn't supposed to be there. woo woo woo woo woo