Counter Strike

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm

It's the best competitive online game out there... it's always been the most popular online action game, and probably will be for a long time. What's wrong with it?

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:57 pm

objective: kill everyone
it's too simple, hence how many 11 year olds play the game

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Well get out of the pubs. If it was so simple why are there millions of dollars won each year playing and a ton of professional teams? If it was easy why would there be professionals and even the people who have played for 8+ years not being able to perfect their game?

If you reduce it to the unfair generality of "killing everyone" you don't really understand the mechanics. That's like reducing a program such as Photoshop to "making neet backgroundz 2 put on deviant art" or *gasp* IDM music to a "bunch of random drum beats." But surely it's deeper than that, right? =P

Anyways, once you get good at the game it takes on a new persona, and playing competitively is a big difference.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:36 pm

general population loves simplicity. Look at all the mainstream sports and how much money they make. Yes, theres tons of mechanics, logic, and strategy behind the simple game of kill everyone, but theres also games with that plus a whole lot more going on.

hey, simple minds=simple entertainment. nothing wrong with that
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 pm

Name a game that has a harder, more complicated way of actually shooting, taking into consideration that all guns fire differently, have different recoils, and time of use (coordinating buy rounds, etc.).

People who knock the game are bad at it or haven't experienced it enough or in the right way to make the right judgments. Or are just pissed that they can't get any better, so obviously if they're not good at it it must suck.

Apparently your brain capacities are so beyond that of everyone else at like 14 years old that "simple" games are beneath you =)

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:24 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:objective: kill everyone
i think ur thinking of Halo
Team KIMO represent!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:21 am

Riot wrote:Name a game that has a harder, more complicated way of actually shooting, taking into consideration that all guns fire differently, have different recoils, and time of use (coordinating buy rounds, etc.).

I never said theres a game thats better or more complicated way of shooting and killing people. I said theres games with a whole lot more objectives and a whole lot more going on. Way to read. I played cs from about when I was 11 to when I was 13, and honestly fail to see how that game could keep anyone entertained past puberty.

admiralXakbar (12:23:46 AM): tic tac toe is more complicated and less predictable than cs:s

for you to even say that "if you don't like it your bad at it" shows alot about you. "if you don't agree with my opinion your wrong". Good mentality riot, although most of us are past our terrible two's
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:51 am

I dont play professional because not only am I in school and have no time for clans and tourneys, the game is straight up boring for me now. I reduced it to "killing everyone" because that's what everyone on the game does, nobody knows shit about teamwork and those who do end up camping bomb sites and just making it boring. Theres no point in planting/defusing the bomb when picking everyone off takes 2 seconds. The guns are easy to get to know if you know what you're doing, and you don't have to coordinate buy rounds because eliminating enemies or completing objectives earn you money. Half the time everyone's so bad you don't even need to buy anything except ammo(which I hear valve has changed so that you don't even buy anymore, lame).
Also "Intelligent Dance Music music" is random drum patterns and its complete shit, how could anyone ever like that

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:02 am

hascoolnickname wrote:Also "Intelligent Dance Music music" is random drum patterns and its complete shit, how could anyone ever like that

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 am

I don't really think I'm the one with the "if you don't agree with my opinion your wrong" attitude. And like I said, you guys are talking about pub servers with a bunch of retarded kids running around. Of course the game gets old if you're stuck playing with baddies. There's more strategy for each map and each situation than you could comprehend most likely, and every time you play a round it's different when you're playing against GOOD opponents.

Of course playing tic tac toe against a kid with down syndrome is going to get boring, let's think of it that way.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:06 pm

eh, I started playing funmaps because the regular cal rotation got boring- im sure if youre playing with a team of people you like its a lot better, im not aware of any teams that accept really relaxed players

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:eh, I started playing funmaps because the regular cal rotation got boring- im sure if youre playing with a team of people you like its a lot better, im not aware of any teams that accept really relaxed players
There are tons, most teams aren't that hardcore.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:16 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:objective: kill everyone
maybe if you play normal shit

i play surf maps, that's where it's at
zombie too

the only time i go on normal servers like office is to flashbang spam everyone and spam heavy metal death music

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:58 pm

see i was hoping i was going to see some major raging but then i was saddened