Snakes on a mother f**kin plane?! NO! SMASH BROS BRAWL!!!!!

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I just finished unlocking all of the characters and stages... :P

This game rules.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 pm

letshavetea wrote:I just finished unlocking all of the characters and stages... :P

WHAT!!!!!!!!?????

I just unlocked R.O.B.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:20 am

I'm only 1/3rd of the way through SSE and I still got a ways from getting everything. I don't even have enough time to go through everything right now.

Edit: It's been confirmed that Nintendo WFC seriously underestimated the amount of players who would try to play Brawl online. (Then again, this is also the most bandwidth and ping intense game they have put on there to date.) As a result of this the 'with anyone' option is currently down. They are hoping to resolve the issues next week. I'll just say that with Mario Kart Wii coming out soon they hopefully will learn from this.

2nd Edit: Simple as this, this game encompasses a HUGE amount of the past and present of Nintendo. From what I've seen there are a insane amount of memorable songs from the past and present of Nintendo, Sonic (I can confirm that unfortunately Sonic Boom DOES appear on here which was a horrible abomination), and Metal Gear. Hell, they even had Dr. Wright from the SNES Sim City release.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Hell the character R.O.B. dates back from 1983 or 84....I can honestly admit after unlocking him, I pulled out my R.O.B. out of the attic and played Gyromyte once more.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:09 pm

It's interesting that you mentioned that Nintendo didn't expect so many people to play the game online... Maybe this will finally beat some sense into the people running the company that people DO like online multiplayer options despite Nintendo repeatedly saying "Nah we don't plan on having online modes in any of our games because nobody likes playing online." I hope they learn that it's bigger than they thought and put out some better online stuff. Pokemon MMO would sell kajillions.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

I completely agree with that sentiment and it seems that Nintendo is taking some advantage of the WFC as they are sending out playback data of various portions of the game. The ones that I saw was somebody destroying one of the target stages with pikachu and raping the home run course.

I have now cleared the Subspace Emissary and unlocked all characters. I'm going to try to unlock all songs and stages as quick as possible. I will say this, the final boss and main baddie in SSE has got to be the most destructive baddie in Nintendo history as he... well this forum doesn't have spoiler tags to my knowledge so I can only say look on youtube.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 pm

If I get an error code when trying With Anyone, is that my internet's fault or Nintendo's?
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Flound3r wrote:If I get an error code when trying With Anyone, is that my internet's fault or Nintendo's?
I don't know, I get it too -_-

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:53 pm

The servers are still running a bit sluggish so it's to be expected.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:41 am

Doing the "play with anyone" option sucks anyhow, it feels like you're just playing against CPUs since they're stripped of an identity. In that regard... there's only been two times that I've gotten online and I haven't had a friend online to play with. I only have about 30 people on my list, but it's still crazy.

Also, the ability to add people you're playing with to your friends list is a step in the right direction for Nintendo, bravo for that.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post your codes! Mine is 1934-0364-4946
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:59 pm

A bit of an update. I have made Coin and CD/Sticker/KO Factories to help me unlock some of the remaining parts of the game. Hopefully I can get a couple of the hammers in the challenges so I can bust open some parts that I know I won't be able to pull off.

Also, at this point in time I wish to condemn Nintendo for not making Gamecube Controllers available in stores for this release and also for wanting to charge sales tax on their website regardless of where you live if you buy anything from it. Today I went to New Castle (27 miles) to get what was the only new Gamecube Controller I found in a 40 mile radius and from what I've seen I'm not the only person who has had this issue.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Most appropriate graphic for this game:

Day One Domestic Sales: 874,000
Week One Domestic Sales: 1.4 million
Memorable 2016 quotes:

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:50 am

My Friend Code:

1891 - 0984 - 0771

If it's laggy, I'm sorry, my apartment is very hit or miss as far as good connectivity.