Let's talk fighting games that aren't Blazblue!

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:56 am

Who would be interested in a player ran Neo Geo Battle Coliseum tourney? just to get a rough estimate...more than likely I could probably end up getting Daniel's permission and then end up running and advertising it all by myself and give him some sort of cut.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Best avatar ever. I look pretty good.

Oh and I'm sure Merk and I would play in the tourney. Just as long as it doesn't cost more than $5 or so.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:57 am

Well it certainly LOOKS like 3S is added to the tournament roster for the Indy tournament. I posted the link to the tourney info on page 4 so check there.

Most folks wanna add 3S, some want Tekken 5, some want CvS2, some want SSF2T, etc. It should be a good time so if you are into fighting games then by all means come out and see what our state has to offer as far as fighting games are concerned. If you think you're good...I'm pretty sure you'll be shocked when you show up. That's a challenge.

--- edit ---

Ok I just talked to one of the Indy players and ALLEGEDLY these are the confirmed tournaments for January 20...

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

If enough folks show up and bring consoles, tv's, controls, etc. then Tekken 5 and Super Smash Brothers Melee can also be added.

This one is certainly worth checking out. Come on out and join up folks!

All tournaments are $10 each to enter. First prize in each game is cash and 2nd/3rd places are still unknown prizes.

I was kinda hoping Merk would show up. I played him a few games of 3S at Putt-Putt in Fort Wayne about a month ago. He has some promise I think. He just needs to keep playing some better competition and I think he can improve a lot. Come on up to Indy Merk call it a learning experience.
Last edited by immortalbmw on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 am

I wish they would do a tournament for Guilty Gear XX Slash. The GGXX series is friggin awesome and got me back into fighting games!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:32 am

Try out Melty Blood. It has all the fun and aerobics of GGXX but it didn't try to reinvent the fighting game. Moves play out just like in the SF games and there aren't goofy psy-bursts/roman cancels/one hit kills.

immortalbmw
Standard
Standard

Post by immortalbmw » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:42 am

Amp Divorax wrote:I wish they would do a tournament for Guilty Gear XX Slash. The GGXX series is friggin awesome and got me back into fighting games!
I know for a fact there will be at least 2 other players from Bloomington there who like Guilty Gear and it sounds like there are gonna be a few more. If the Purdue guys come then you'll certainly have plenty of GG folks to play with. Just come out (and bring a copy of the game just to be safe) and ask around. I guarantee you'll find others who are interested in playing and you'll probably learn a thing or two.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Picked up Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for the PSP...it is FUCKING AWESOME.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Let's talk fighting games!

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

My bumps, my lovely lady bumps.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 coming out for 360 and PS3 with some updated cleaner sprite graphics, online multiplayer, lobbies so multiple people can join and those not playing can spectate and chat. It will be $15. I'll probably buy it, as I'm kind of on a Street Fighter 4 spurt and trying to get decent at fighting games.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Fi ... 102&sr=8-2

Anybody wanna buy me that by the way?

PS If anybody has a 360 and SF4, my tag is Riot55555. Come destroy me I am bad.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Riot wrote:My bumps, my lovely lady bumps.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 coming out for 360 and PS3 with some updated cleaner sprite graphics, online multiplayer, lobbies so multiple people can join and those not playing can spectate and chat. It will be $15. I'll probably buy it, as I'm kind of on a Street Fighter 4 spurt and trying to get decent at fighting games.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Fi ... 102&sr=8-2

Anybody wanna buy me that by the way?

PS If anybody has a 360 and SF4, my tag is Riot55555. Come destroy me I am bad.
Roflz at 555555555555. Also MvC2 is so beaten at this point. Kind of like SFIII, you're picking it up waaaay too late in the game. The best characters, best combos, and frankly, best players are already out there. Nothing against the game itself, but I doubt you will find online play to be particularly fun (unless they have skill matching). Watch a few tournament videos and you'll see what I mean.

I know there is obvious hypocrisy here coming from someone hooked on Quake Live, but at least the skill matching has made the game entertaining.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm

People already took Riot and Riot55 =( Bastards. And yeah it will be hard to get into probably, hopefully they have some kind of matching system. If anything it could be a fun game to casually play with friends and venture online occasionally to try and get better. $15 isn't too bad I don't think either. Always seemed like a pretty fun game from whenever I played it in the arcades.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Riot wrote:People already took Riot and Riot55 =( Bastards. And yeah it will be hard to get into probably, hopefully they have some kind of matching system. If anything it could be a fun game to casually play with friends and venture online occasionally to try and get better. $15 isn't too bad I don't think either. Always seemed like a pretty fun game from whenever I played it in the arcades.
It tends to be a little too fast-paced for my old man brain. It might just be me, but games like SF feel more tactical and slightly less combo execution oriented. The price is right though, so give it a shot if you'd like.

Also, if you didn't know... http://shoryuken.com/ is a pretty good source for all things fighting game.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:25 pm

I like slower more tactical SF style too, but I also like fast aerial stuff like Guilty Gear so I may have to check it out. Yah I'm scared about getting destroyed, but oh well everyone has to be a newb sometimes.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm

I am sad that no one else from IndyDDR plays fighting games on 2DF

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:19 am

Riot wrote:I like slower more tactical SF style too, but I also like fast aerial stuff like Guilty Gear so I may have to check it out. Yah I'm scared about getting destroyed, but oh well everyone has to be a newb sometimes.
Did you make the purchase?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:I like slower more tactical SF style too, but I also like fast aerial stuff like Guilty Gear so I may have to check it out. Yah I'm scared about getting destroyed, but oh well everyone has to be a newb sometimes.
Did you make the purchase?
Which purchase? Marvel vs Capcom 2? Nah not yet. I kinda wanna get a game called Rocket Riot first, it's like Soldat/Gusanos if you ever played that, the Worms + Quake style game I downloaded a few years back. Plus I have some other RPGs to finish up. But if people wanna play it I may be able to get it, though I don't have many dolla dollas right now.