Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:56 pm

Doubt it =D

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:39 pm

Riot wrote:Doubt it =D
Well probably not the one I have right now cause, uh, she's 47.

But my 99 a few years ago...oh man, watch out. Maxed FCR, super high resists in Hell and about +10 skills if I remember correctly...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:45 pm

My strategy is just to keep running around so nobody can hit me and then pop off a guided arrow or two and they're dead. It works pretty well.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Riot wrote:My strategy is just to keep running around so nobody can hit me and then pop off a guided arrow or two and they're dead. It works pretty well.
One problem against trappers and orb sorcs though is a couple skills are area effects... can't really run from well positioned WoF, especially when I spam mind blast and dragon flight.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Riot your strategy should be kill mephisto in the highest level you can, loot the uniques, and then repeat for about a billion fucking times until you can solo hell baal.

Then get your torch, quit the game, and realize how many times you read the word "fag" while logged into bnet.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Hehe oh I don't really play alone. The only reason I played it was cuz me, Brennon, Kevin, and Jacob all played together and lanned it. Much more fun playing with lots of others than playing alone. And I don't really need uniques, I'm pretty set with gear, except for Torch and maybe better gloves, but those I have to craft, no uniques are better.

I'll play with you though if you want Merk-u.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Anni charm...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Well yes, there's that, but you only get that off Uber-Diablo... and funny enough we HAD him in our game once and our fucking internet died. Only time it ever died, what a time to do it =/

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:38 pm

lol I just started playing Diablo II yesterday, odd coincidence, although I do not play online so I don't care about the ladder

Merk

Re: Diablo II anybody?

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm

So Blizzard is releasing a patch and resetting the ladder next Tuesday (the 23rd). They made some balance changes and added the ability to re-spec your skill points.

It's amazing they are still releasing patches for this game.

I'm actually going to play. This game has a certain kind of charming monotony that appeals to me. I haven't decided on what kind of character I want to make. I've never done a Barb/Assassin/Druid but they have such shitty crowd control compared to the other classes that I might just get too frustrated.

Merk

Re: Diablo II anybody?

Post by Merk » Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 am

I've probably already told this story to people but whatever:

Back in the high school days when I had nothing but free time and no responsibilities I could easily spend an evening after school playing Diablo II smashing loot pinatas and probably suffering from some minor addiction. But anyway, I always listened to music while I was playing since hearing the same sound effects over and over and over got tiresome real quick in a game like Diablo where you literally do the same boss runs a good 30+ times in an evening. It was around 2003 or so and Outkast's latest double album Speaker Boxxx / The Love Below came out and I was a big fan of The Love Below. I never really like Outkast that much, they weren't particularly bad or good in my opinion, but The Love Below is something that I would consider a good album and I would give it a listen on repeat while I gamed. Losing track of time is really easy to do when you're playing Diablo and you can kill a day uninterrupted with "just one more Meph run."

I played Diablo so much while listening to Outkast I now forever have the two intertwined in my head. I can't think of one without thinking of the other. There are a few albums that are like that for me, Cake's "Fashion Nugget" and Mario 64 for example, but none are as strong as Diablo and The Love Below for me. In honor of Diablo II's last few days of relevancy I gave The Love Below a listen tonight at work.

It was actually kind of bittersweet and reminded me of a simpler time :3