Mass Effect

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Mass Effect

Post by CgSquall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Uhh...yeah...amazing game, anyone else have it/play it?

I'm most of the way through my first playthrough (skipping most side quests) and I absolutely love it.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 pm

What exactly is this game?

I've had a few people on my friends list on XBL just go ape shit over this but... I have no idea what it even is.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12 pm

letshavetea wrote:What exactly is this game?
It is an RPG for the most part, with a very nice story line and a battle system that is both fun and slightly annoying, kind of like Knights of the Old Republic, where you choose your attack and then you can still move your character around as they attack with there guns or the psychic type of abilities. If you like RPGs in general it is a pretty good game.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:15 pm

It's an FPS/RPG hybrid, you have RPG type leveling up and all, but the battle system is FPS from YOUR perspective, and RPG-ish in that you can't control your two team-mates. Pretty good game, great storyline, but WAY too easy on normal difficulty, at least in the Soldier class, through the last 3/4 of the game, I didn't even bother to hide behind cover or even stop moving, if they were far away, I'd snipe them while running towards them, if they weren't, I'd assault Rifle them while running towards them. Even enemies at the very end had no chance this way. Not even the end boss gave any challenge.

I'm ASSUMING if you turn the difficulty way up it might actually be challenging, or if you choose a different class or don't know what you're doing in setting your characters up.

My character was a Soldier tank, had 360 shields on his armor (after upgrades), 50some defense on it, and then maxed out health stats/health regeneration, but even the end boss barely got past his shields.

Made by BioWare, the people who made KOTOR 1(not 2).

Maybe spoilers below.

The one out right now is Part 1 of a Trilogy, supposedly, according to BioWare. Also, Charm is amazing, especially near the end.

/endspoilers.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

i got it. i still havent opened it. i might tonight or in a few days.
Team KIMO represent!