PS3 sales will go through the roof in June

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Re: PS3 sales will go through the roof in June

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:24 am

Yeah, 12ms means a shitton more on IIDX than on a relatively loose-timing game like GH.
Even if it didn't affect the majority of players (which I have a feeling it would), the more hardcore would definitely notice.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 pm

I don't know if you noticed but konami has this way of not caring what the most hardcore players think.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 am

Hey guys, GT5 Prologue is like, out today or tomorrow (I'm not sure what "shipped" means on gamestop's website, imma call em) :o

And Jeff, you only need 1 more post to get 1000 combos.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:36 am

mexican ninja wrote:I don't know if you noticed but konami has this way of not caring what the most hardcore players think.

Did anyone ever play this? I never heard much about it.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 pm

mexican ninja wrote:I don't know if you noticed but konami has this way of not caring what the most hardcore players think.

True, but they do more so when it comes to bm.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Gotta remember anything to do with DDR anymore is produced by Konami of America and they're a bunch of nobs.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:18 pm

im pretty sure ppl only care about Konami of Japan

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Which brings us back to the original topic, since Metal Gear Solid 4 is made by Konami of Japan. :D

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:33 pm

chocobojoe wrote:Which brings us back to the original topic, since Metal Gear Solid 4 is made by Konami of Japan. :D
exactly. i need to sign up for the MGO beta.....
Team KIMO represent!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:29 pm

Dyme wrote:
chocobojoe wrote:lol there's already a few i can think of that are worth buying
Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Folklore

and then upcoming MGS4, FFXIII (and versus XIII), etc

Tell him to wait for this model to buy the system though, it'll be worth it since $500 for the 80 gig model with MGS4 ($60 retail) and a dual shock 3 controller ($55 retail) is a helluva deal. 80 gig model has full backwards compatibility too :]
what joe said. uncharted is amazing.
The ONLY game I have bought for PS3 is Uncharted, I got the PS3 for free, and the only 3 other games I will buy are:
MGS4
FFXIII
FFXIII VS

Sadly something went wrong with mine and I had to send it back to get it fixed.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Three things must happen to convince me to get a PS3.

1. Sony makes it not cost a shitton of money.
2. They unfuck the lack of backwards compability. (Pop'N, DDR, and Beatmania must all work)
3. They set their USB to 1,000 hz for Playstation 2 to USB adapters to eliminate the BS lag I would get.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 am

Considering blu-ray has won the format war, and at least 50% of the PS3's cost is due to the blu-ray player in it, we will likely see price drops by this christmas (how convenient since the FFXIII's are coming out around the same time) because blu-ray player production is going to start getting faster and cheaper.

Backwards compatibility is brought back in June with the MGS4 package deal is released. I'm not sure about playing other region games, but I've heard there is a way to hack the region settings.

As far as your 3rd issue, don't get your hopes up. Sony is assholes when it comes to customer relations. You could try e-mailing them, but they'll just feed you a bunch of system settings, troubleshooting, and firmware update BS instead of paying attention to what you're actually saying.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 am

chocobojoe wrote:Considering blu-ray has won the format war, and at least 50% of the PS3's cost is due to the blu-ray player in it, we will likely see price drops by this christmas (how convenient since the FFXIII's are coming out around the same time) because blu-ray player production is going to start getting faster and cheaper.

Backwards compatibility is brought back in June with the MGS4 package deal is released. I'm not sure about playing other region games, but I've heard there is a way to hack the region settings.

As far as your 3rd issue, don't get your hopes up. Sony is assholes when it comes to customer relations. You could try e-mailing them, but they'll just feed you a bunch of system settings, troubleshooting, and firmware update BS instead of paying attention to what you're actually saying.
Sony has already confirmed that the PS3 price will not change until atleast mid-2009 despite the price drop on Blu-Ray due to how expensive they are. Also, all new PS3s no longer have the Emotion Engine built in (Which I should mention that a dozen Bemani titles won't work properly on.) and rely on software emulation which is VERY incomplete at best (Which has a even bigger list of Bemani games that won't work with it). As for the 3rd issue, what I am referring to is the fact that the USB standard is not a good idea for gaming due to it working off of a polling rate of 125 hz which introduces lag. (To give people an idea, I find it bad when a Parallel Adapter gets better response) Setting the USB to the max 1,000 hz eliminates most, if not all lag (I will also state that with the sole exception of my Hori Fighting Stick for the 360 that I currently do not own any USB controllers to this day as a result of this.) and in the case of some gaming PC mice now they often have their drivers setup to max out the polling rate for better response.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!