Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter IV anyone???

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Riot wrote:allllll aboard the hype train choo chooooooo

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/ ... r-trailer/
Not surprised that Riot posted this almost immediately. I know many people who think Street Fighter 4 actually should have been called Street Fighter 2.5 due to graphics and continuity. With Street Fighter V does this mean that we should call that Street Fighter 2.5 II or are they going to make it take place after Third Strike?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:46 pm

I've heard that this game is supposed to take place after Third Strike but it's so early that it's pretty impossible to tell yet. Looks like a darker and grittier but more realistic art style... a bit too close to SF4 for my taste, but it's still pretty early. Chun Li's kick move they show in the trailer looks like the 3rd Strike move... I dunno, hopefully they just make it a bit more fast paced. Ryu clearly throws a Denjin Hadoken in the trailer (Capcom confirmed that) so it seems like an extension of 3rd Strike at least story-wise.

edit: here's a gameplay video: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/ ... apcom-cup/ looks a bit clunky so far, but it's super early. Looks like guardcrush, possible OTG attack since it looked like Chun hit Ryu on the ground, some kind of power-up or chargeable moves or something with that inky effect, maybe for EX moves or something, and stage mechanics with breakable walls. Dunno what to make of it. Will be interesting to see how it develops I suppose!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Definitely saw a guard crush in there. Thank God! They're rewarding offense!

Really, really interested in this and I hope they don't fuck this up like SF4

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:07 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/ ... ys-wanted/

Well definitely sounds like they're trying to appeal to fans of the "older" games. So yeah, a lot of signs pointing a bit towards Third Strike era stuff hopefully. Playable build and more news at Capcom Cup, so I'm excited!

Looking at it again it looks less like an OTG and more like a ground bounce. Almost looks like launchers too.

- Chun ends her Super/Ultra/whatever like in 3s, along with jump cancel and reset afterwards

- 0:30 Ryu has the horse stance but didn't absorb Chun's jump in like a focus. Some kind of parry/absorb?

- Ryu does a turned-around shoryuken (0:58) and at the end the Denjin hadoken. Proof that the game is set after SFIII and he has mastered Gouken's teachings

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:06 am

The OTG move definitely looked like some sort of follow-up to one of Chun's moves and will likely give that move to ability some flexibility to either do a hard knock down or a reset.

Just had this brilliant idea:

Bring back parries but make successful parries drain guard break meter, the amount drained is based off of the move you parried, you can't parry if your guard break meter is out.