Halo

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Zehavon
Standard
Standard

Post by Zehavon » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:09 am

i didnt even know i was bumping its ben a while since i was on this website so i went to where i used to go (here) and i posted a msg and halo is a lot better than most games...and why would i make a new topic on halo? u would just lock it so i posted here.
Gamertag:Zincen
Ts:18
Dt:15
HtH:11

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:25 pm

Zehavon wrote:i didnt even know i was bumping its ben a while since i was on this website so i went to where i used to go (here) and i posted a msg and halo is a lot better than most games...and why would i make a new topic on halo? u would just lock it so i posted here.
He has a point... but I just think it's funny to see threads bumped like that :D Halo is a decent game, but IMO there are plenty of rivals to it out there. The only thing that really made Halo stand out from the rest when it first came out was it's soundtrack... or mostly it's opening theme. But the whole vehicle thing was done by tribes and tribes 2 before that. I still think Halo is a good game, but not as amazing as most people make it out to be. It is definately not on the scale of quake... That is a classic shooter, and will never die. Half-Life is also just an amazing game, and it's even more amazing that people are still playing the original half life (large amounts of people.)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Zehavon
Standard
Standard

Post by Zehavon » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:28 am

Does anyone play halo 2 x-box live other then shammers??? if you do whats ur gt

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:16 am

C-c-c-c-counterstrike.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:34 pm

^ agreed.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:45 pm

F.E.A.R totally kicks Halo's ass...go play it. Now.

Zehavon
Standard
Standard

Post by Zehavon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 am

i didnt ask if fear or counterstrike was better i said does anyone else play Halo 2 other than shammers?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:19 am

Zehavon wrote:i didnt ask if fear or counterstrike was better i said does anyone else play Halo 2 other than shammers?
Oh, my mistake. Yes, Counter-Strike is better.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Zehavon wrote:i didnt ask if fear or counterstrike was better i said does anyone else play Halo 2 other than shammers?
There should be a list of all the Halo junkies around here somewhere, it's been posted before.
And I'm being a smart ass, because we've been down this road fifty gazillion times before. I'm anxiously awaiting for Halo's slow, exquisitely painful demise.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Original Sin wrote:
There should be a list of all the Halo junkies around here somewhere, it's been posted before.
And I'm being a smart ass, because we've been down this road fifty gazillion times before. I'm anxiously awaiting for Halo's slow, exquisitely painful demise.
Haha, Amen!
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:26 am

Riot wrote:C-c-c-c-counterstrike.
http://media.putfile.com/FPS-doug
insert code compile execute return

Zehavon
Standard
Standard

Post by Zehavon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:12 am

Halo owns u all when halo 3 comes out guess what it will be the best game there is and u all know halo 3 is gonna sell ALOT i mean honestly guys u cant say uve played halo 2 and not liked it... and if u had its because u played with someone good and they beat you so bad that u didnt like the game.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:39 am

I played it and I didn't like it. It was cluttered and dark. Zoom in on the pistol? Okay.... Counter-Strike eats Halo for breakfast. Halo 3 will be successful because people blindly follow it and think they aren't true gamers or X-box fans if they don't have it.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:22 am

Ok, WHY does Halo own so much? What does it bring to the FPS genre? Nothing new, nothing exciting. The gameplay is boring and repetative, the enemies are cake, and even the multiplayer is nothing new.
I've said it before, and apparently I have to say it again, the only reason Halo is so popular is because it's readily available. Anyone with an X box can pick up Halo, where most exceptional FPS's make their debut on PC, and are best played on said PC. You don't have to be tech savvy or have a large amount of free time to pick up and X box and play Halo, and you don't have to deal with the different drivers and parameters you have to set up for PC games.
Aside from that, Halo is easy. I play Halo once in a blue moon, and yet still when I do, I don't die. The only thing that kills me, is that I occasionally fall off a ledge, or some other assenine stunt like that. Enemies? More like shiney polygons to waste ammo on. They're push overs. No tactics, skill, or even conscious thought required to take them down.
Play FEAR, or Half-Life, and you'll see what really enemy AI is, and how difficult it is to take down a real opponent in a fire-fight. Hell, even the zombies in DOOM 3 have more tactical capacity than the enemies in Halo, and well...they're dead.

Oh, well Halo has vehicles, and team combat, right?
Many games have pioneered the realm of vehicle and team based combat. Halo just throws it into a pretty package on the X box.

To sum things up, the game is mediocre AT BEST. The reason halo is so popular isn't because of the game itself, it's because it's convenient. It's there, it's easy, and almost anyone can pick it up and be relatively good at it within a half hour.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:23 pm

Original Sin wrote:Ok, WHY does Halo own so much? (insert giant rant)
First point: Halo's single player is subpar in my opinion; in that regard, diss halo all you want :roll: . I only say that because I get a faaar greater satisfaction out of hearing a fellow human being's frustrated cursing come out of my TV than 'saving the world' with master chief.

You're right, it doesn't bring anything new to the genre. What it does execute is being playable by anyone and everyone, and being a very pretty package graphically.

Unlike UT, CS, etc, one's life in Halo is valued. There's a difference between dieing and immediately coming back to life to kill your enemy as with most shooters; Halo makes one treasure their life and use it to it's fullest each time you have until you reach 50. This is contrary to immediate respawns, and enemies that you can run to in a matter of seconds with guns blazing because (x) game is so fast paced.

The game isn't monotonous like the shooters that many claim are so superior. Sure, other games have used vehicles. Other games have had kickass multiplayer. Other games have done it all before... but none like Halo 2.

I'm extremely biased, though; I've been an H2 fanboy since day one. Treasure my presence; anyone else you have this debate with will either be twelve or have no idea what an FPS is. Halo 2's audience isn't known for it's maturity.