Recommend potter some hot games

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Recommend potter some hot games

Post by Riot » Wed May 19, 2010 10:19 am

I don't know about a demo, but a lot of times XBL releases a demo of the game. I guess keep on the lookout.

potter 360 is the only console with anti-aliasing, though i think it's only at 2x. i barely notice jaggies, but then again I'm not playing on a 12 foot screen..... doesn't everything (pc, tv, etc.) look worse that big? all consoles, and even pc, gets away with crappy textures these days though because the budget is going to crazy lighting and shadows, and it takes too long to make a cool tile texture i guess

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 pm

I think people that put a lot of emphasis on graphics in games are vapid.

But that doesn't mean I don't love them (the people) all the same.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 19, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't think graphics make a game or anything, but we are at a point in technology where graphics can sometimes make you stop playing just to look at the scenery and say "wow." Some games are just beautiful and it adds to the experience.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Riot wrote:I don't think graphics make a game or anything, but we are at a point in technology where graphics can sometimes make you stop playing just to look at the scenery and say "wow." Some games are just beautiful and it adds to the experience.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Not gonna lie I kinda wish more games were sprite based. Basically you got games like Odin Sphere and BlazBlue which look fluid and flippin amazing but developers these are all about polygons polygons polygons

Yeah polygon animation is getting better but man is it hard to make shit not look awkward.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I like sprite based stuff too, but I also like backdrops like this

blazblue looked nice, i wish sf4 looked more like that but still played like it does. i do agree that current gen games struggle with making realistic human character models... they always look stiff and zombie-like, except if they're hyper-stylized like FF13 where it's okay to look perfect because that's the aesthetic of the game

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Riot wrote:I like sprite based stuff too, but I also like backdrops like this

blazblue looked nice, i wish sf4 looked more like that but still played like it does. i do agree that current gen games struggle with making realistic human character models... they always look stiff and zombie-like, except if they're hyper-stylized like FF13 where it's okay to look perfect because that's the aesthetic of the game
ICO was very good about this sort of thing. Any game that scales objects well wins in my book.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed May 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Merk wrote:I think people that put a lot of emphasis on graphics in games are vapid.

But that doesn't mean I don't love them (the people) all the same.

oh it's not about the graphics, I'm still happy playing 15 year old games that look like ass but have an amazing story and sense of adventure. It's just the games that are coming out nowdays, well, thats about all they have going for them. that and since I just got this I wanna see huigeeee cool stuff. And riot: surprisingly not, pc/bluray blown up this big, running at proper native 1920x1080 just looks absolutely fantastic. It's like I'm there! However the xbox 360, even the dashboard text is fuzzy, let alone the games
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy