What games are you currently playing?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm

I thought the end boss music choice was incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-xiTkzdtfE

Just a simple piano melody that sounds like it might be playing if you were watching a reply of the boss fight or credits were rolling. This is clearly the final battle, but already you know how it ends because you are the chosen undead.

A++

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Ebay wants to list dark souls in the 3D Ultra Pinball series.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Amazon will give you just over 20 bucks for it in credit if you don't get a bite on eBay. I sold mine for like $35 at Best Buy when I traded it in with a few other games when I was reserving Skyrim.

I've been busy with UMvC and Skyrim, but Nier is on deck after. You should check it out too!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Nyaaa~

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:35 am

AC: Revelations.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 am

SWTOR
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:03 am

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Tric ... _Detective

Anyone played this? Looks fun.
No but he's a card in Heroes and Heralds mode. Image

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 am

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:36 pm

I feel like nobody appreciated my last joke here. Please look at the two images again.

Currently playing Skyward Sword. This game is bad, bad, bad. Controls are bad. Story is bad. Difficulty is super baby easy mode. I've played through so many Zelda games, I feel obligated to finish this mediocre experience. Do any of you guys feel like it's your duty to continue playing a series you've invested so much time in, regardless of how much it has gone down hill?

Perhaps... Final Fantasy?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I honestly truly enjoy all the Final Fantasy games, except for some of the early ones sometimes. 1-3 I often feel obligated to trudge through to be a "series completionist," but they just aren't that good. I liked FF13 and thought it had a fun battle system and gorgeous graphics. For me, a lot of times story takes a backseat to gameplay. If it's a great story, even better, but I usually don't let that deter me from playing completely. I love good battle systems and customization (job systems, yay).

Speaking of wasting time, I'm currently level 45 in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I powergame through every MMO, get burned out, and quit, usually bitching about how there are no good sandbox MMOs anymore and praying that some form of a new Ultima Online-esque game will see the light of day. I'm still having a good time with this game, despite it being a themepark MMO. However, who knows how long the ride will keep me interested as level cap approaches and limited PVP options only keep me occupied for so long.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I feel like nobody appreciated my last joke here. Please look at the two images again.

Currently playing Skyward Sword. This game is bad, bad, bad. Controls are bad. Story is bad. Difficulty is super baby easy mode. I've played through so many Zelda games, I feel obligated to finish this mediocre experience. Do any of you guys feel like it's your duty to continue playing a series you've invested so much time in, regardless of how much it has gone down hill?

Yeah my ladyfriend started playing it and absolutely could not beat the first temple's boss. She did not grasp the concept of faking the dude out and slashing horizontal or vertical when you needed to. Much to my chagrin I had to beat it for her and now she doesn't want to play it because she knows she won't be able to deal with the game's gimmick. God, motion controls are so bad. They can be an okay gimmick in short little mini games but if I'm going to play a longer game such as Zelda I would rather be chilling on a couch as I play the exact same game that I've been playing since OOT.

MMO genre is saturated as hell. FPS genre is saturated as hell. Don't play video games anymore just play fighting games and music games because they are simple, don't require a commitment, and they are unforgiving to the point where you have to put effort into them to be good at them.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Merk wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I feel like nobody appreciated my last joke here. Please look at the two images again.

Yeah my ladyfriend started playing it and absolutely could not beat the first temple's boss. She did not grasp the concept of faking the dude out and slashing horizontal or vertical when you needed to. Much to my chagrin I had to beat it for her and now she doesn't want to play it because she knows she won't be able to deal with the game's gimmick. God, motion controls are so bad. They can be an okay gimmick in short little mini games but if I'm going to play a longer game such as Zelda I would rather be chilling on a couch as I play the exact same game that I've been playing since OOT.

MMO genre is saturated as hell. FPS genre is saturated as hell. Don't play video games anymore just play fighting games and music games because they are simple, don't require a commitment, and they are unforgiving to the point where you have to put effort into them to be good at them.
For what it's worth, that first boss is one of the most annoying I've had to fight so far. I'm pretty close to done with the game so I might as well finish.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Skyward Sword gets a D. Going straight to Ebay. I don't have time to list all of the reasons this game sucked, but it has something to do with story, game play, controls, difficulty, and fun (or lack of.)