Steam's "Perils of Summer Sale" now through July 4th

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Empty your bank account at www.steampowered.com

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Steam's "Perils of Summer Sale" now through July 4th

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Counter-Snipers Source is a good deal for $6 BUT REALLY WHO DOESN'T HAVE GOD'S GIFT TO COMPETITIVE GAMING BY NOW

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 am

Puzzle Kingdoms is only $1.
That is the best deal there.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Riot wrote:Counter-Snipers Source is a good deal for $6 BUT REALLY WHO DOESN'T HAVE GOD'S GIFT TO COMPETITIVE GAMING BY NOW
Have you played it since they casual'd it (achievements are soooooooooo cooooooooool brosefs)?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:56 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Riot wrote:Counter-Snipers Source is a good deal for $6 BUT REALLY WHO DOESN'T HAVE GOD'S GIFT TO COMPETITIVE GAMING BY NOW
Have you played it since they casual'd it (achievements are soooooooooo cooooooooool brosefs)?
Nope, I actually haven't played for about a year. Aside from maybe a half dozen times for like 30 minutes when I'd pop in a pub when I'm bored. But no I haven't played after they did any of the changes.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Max Payne 1 & 2 today for like $3 and some change.

GET EM

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:12 pm

chocobojoe wrote:Max Payne 1 & 2 today for like $3 and some change.

GET EM
I got them when they came out. I will, though, get that Audio game & Puzzle Kingdoms.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm

I bought the Playstation 2 port of Max Payne on the whim many years ago because the computer I had at the time was shitty and BULLET TIME LIKE THE FUCKING MATRIX seemed like a neat concept to me.

Holy fuck.

There has never been a moment in a video game where I have been so aggravated than when I was playing this game. Remember the trippy dream part where you're in some crazy black void and you have to walk along a trail of blood to reach this platform and get to the next scene? Yeah, fuck that part. First of all the blood trail was literally as wide as a few pixels, if you barely go left or right you fall off. What happens when you fall off? You fucking start all over AND some sound effect of a baby screaming plays while you fall into nothingness. The first issue is compounded by the fact that the PS2 controls were sub par at best - keep in mind you have to go in a perfectly straight line on a joystick.

But Merk, you say, going in a straight line isn't hard, you're a retard!

You're right! It isn't. But the coup d'grace for this rant is the fact that the trail of blood you walk on twists and turns and changes fucking elevation. Yep, there's nothing like walking on a spiral staircase of blood that's about as wide as Max Payne's foot! Oh, and good luck aligning the camera angle perfectly with the blood trail when you need to walk in a straight line. If you fuck it up, you start over. All the way over. And a chorus of dying babies will sing you back to do it all again.

EDIT: Youtube of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLiw9TyaCRA#t=02m40s

Obviously the guy gets through this part flawlessly but for the first time player you can imagine the grief this part causes.