Re: ummmmm Marvel vs Capcom 3 anyone???

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:54 pm

If I win.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah obviously, that's why you wouldn't take my previous bet. You just don't wanna lose and get salty.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 pm

No I just don't want to put up money on everything I do. I value and save it, even if it's a dollar. Besides you guys already get mad enough with games to the point of making it awkward that would just make it worse.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:08 pm

*buys PS3 just to play Final Fantasy even though I can play it on my Xbox*
*buys PS3 tournament stick*

Whoa whoa whoa when do I get mad at games? I am literally the chillest motherfucker on this messageboard by far. Marvel just brings out the worst in people which is why it's probably one of the best games ever made.

You become a smug bastard
Chad gets mad (but that's normal) and becomes impossible to talk to
I get really passive aggressive and try to be a smartass.

Riot I'll be straight with you. If you played any other team or if you played any other way I would respect your game and I wouldn't be a jerk about this. If your gameplan wasn't totally AIM OF HAWKEYE AIM OF HAWKEYE AIM OF HAWKEYE I SEE YOU YOU'RE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT sentinel force MIGHTY SWING SHIELD SKILLS AIM OF HAWKEYE then there wouldn't be an issue. Brooklyn accents infuriate me.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 pm

It's not, I can get in and do combos when I need to but if it's working to shoot some arrows then why stop? And I didn't buy a ps3 for one game, the ps3 stick was free during buy one get one sale so I'd have an extra 360 if mine breaks and I'd have a ps3 stick for tourneys. I am smug because you force me to be smug by acting passive aggressive and making little comments which makes me have to say smug things to not make people maddddddd.

and I don't think you you are qualified to give money management advice =))))(
Last edited by Riot on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Riot the beauty of our friendship is that no matter how much a videogame comes between us we're still the best of friends. Why did we ever have a falling out in our younger days?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah obviously, that's why you wouldn't take my previous bet. You just don't wanna lose and get salty.
Oh man Riot backing away from Merk at Marvel. A money match is essentially a 1 v 1 tournament that goes right to the finals. Riot is either a model of fiscal responsibility or he's scuuuuuuuurd. Riot even edited his post, he's so mad!

Fight Merk and invest that dollar. You can style all over his foot dive and see some ROI on that FIGHT MONEEEEH!

*Edited because I can't spell responsibility.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Riot wrote:If I win.
You've texted me more than once saying your ratio is like 5-1 on Merk.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Jesus Christ, I'm not trying to give you money management advice, I'm trying to throw the fuck down for in a videogame for stakes that greater than zero.

Bro I'll fight you for a penny.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:09 pm

I edited it like 3 times because I was at school on my phone and it's hard to type a forum post with Swype while walking through the hallways. Anyways it's not that I'm scared of losing, I just think it's silly to bet money on a game, especially when you bring it down to a penny which negates any reason for "money matching" in the first place. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FUN? Marvel is just not a fun game I suppose. If it would make you happen the next time we play I will throw down a fatty $1 bill and apparently since I am "smug" when I don't say anything and try to be a good sport I will just trash talk and Hulk out.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:10 am

Marvel brings out the best in people. A++++ game.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote: You've texted me more than once saying your ratio is like 5-1 on Merk.
That's being generous. I think I've won maybe 15% of the matches I've played against Riot on the internet and that's also being generous. He has a really good internet team and unfortunately Magneto doesn't played well with lag.

Riot, Marvel is a fun game and it's also intensely competitive which you could say is its most endearing quality. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses and decided to "First to 10" money match me for a dollar. The next time Chad and I come to Ft. Wayne we will make this happen. Please talk shit too I think that will make the experience more fun and hopefully help you vent your rage IRL instead of just on the internet. Mothers, girlfriends, wives, and dead fathers are off-limits though, anything else is fair game.

Call me a fatty to my face. I FUKKEN DARE YA

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 pm

My team is pretty bad online really. I'm a 4th Lord so now I only fight 4th and above since there's something in matchmaking that causes that at that milestone, and most people can either outspam or get in. since most top tiers are fast chargers they outprioritize most moves, especially projectiles. Wolverines usually eat me up. Akuma is pretty bad with lag too since he has no range and really no easy way to get in with quick triangle jump mix up dashes or anything and if he gets hit once he's dead. And Sentinel is a big slow robot. I might try to switch Sent for Wesker (or maybe trade out akuma) but I dunno.

Fatty. (I lost twelve pounds so far!)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

We are friends in love.
^^^What the hell is this!?^^^

Marvel isn't about admiting shortcomings and taking the high road for the sake of goodwill. This is the one and only activity we share where it is ok to 1) talk smack and 2) get mad. For 23 hours of the day, we can be best buds. For the 1 hour of Marvel, you've got a real pretty smile. Bitch.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:44 pm

AMATERASU! DHC INTO..... AMATERASU?

Post about this game. I'm trying the new team Wesker/Taskmaster/Akuma. I like it so far but I haven't really played with it online much since my XBL just ran out and I haven't renewed yet. I also bought Mortal Kombat and have been messing with that, but still wanna focus on MvC3. MK feels a little clunky but it just plays totally different and once I started trying to treat it like a Capcom fighter I started to enjoy it more. You can't really hitconfirm into stuff so I'm trying to figure out how to start my offense, but I have some pretty good combos down with Kitana.