Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:C'mon people. Keep it classy. This is just another one, of many, reasons I don't feel compelled to take the time to learn new fighting games. It's pretty clear these aren't the people I want to associate myself with.
Keep it classy? I find it odd that you are saying that on IndyDDR, the place where class goes to die a slow and painful death one post at a time!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:37 am

Amp Divorax wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:C'mon people. Keep it classy. This is just another one, of many, reasons I don't feel compelled to take the time to learn new fighting games. It's pretty clear these aren't the people I want to associate myself with.
Keep it classy? I find it odd that you are saying that on IndyDDR, the place where class goes to die a slow and painful death one post at a time!
How can we fix this?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:
How can we fix this?
We can't!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

This game's getting a ton of good reviews: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/ ... -x-tekken/

Everyone I've heard on stream says it doesn't play at all like SF4 so maybe that will persuade you guys who hate on it to give it an honest shot :)

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:46 pm

The first few days playing this game I was honestly kinda meh about it. I wasn't good, couldn't get combos consistently, it felt stiff and the timing was all different, and I didn't know exactly how the combos worked. After playing in training for a little bit and getting the bnb for Ryu down (who is really really good in this game), I'm really starting to enjoy it. I'm using Akuma/Ryu right now and basically use Akuma to build meter and zone. He runs away and chips, applies pressure with demon flip palm and stuff, and basically combos into launch into Ryu, or if his health gets low he can mash out a reversal dragonpunch and tag cancel into Ryu relatively safely. Ryu is just a beast in that you can confirm crouching medium punches into the EX donkey kick which wallbounces... you can then jumping hard punch, land and HP shoryu, OR hp into super if you have meter. Being able to cancel a sweep into a hadoken is amazing as well. cr. mp > cr. mp hit confirm into either donkey kick or if it's blocked, sweep into hadoken for safe pressure.

The biggest problem for me is NOT playing Akuma like SF4 since he is pretty different. Links are way easier in this game and just adjusting to timing was what was throwing me for the first little bit. Now that I've figured it out it's getting a lot more fun. Considering even dropping Akuma for a character with better poke range to poke into the launcher magic series.

The best characters so far that people seem to agree about:

Ryu
Rufus
Cammy
Rolento
Zangief
Hugo
Kazuya
Heihachi
Juri

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland