World of Warcraft

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:23 pm

if you could be both alliance and horde on servers, Id join kids rule :D HAHAHAHA

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:19 pm

Nyoma~lvl 44 Nightelf Hunter (Kel'Thuzad)
Passager~Lvl 35 Nightelf Preist (Kel'Thuzad)
Seria~lvl 12 Undead Mage (Deathwing)

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:12 pm

My brother is shipping my new computer this week I believe.

WOW time when it gets here.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:01 pm

I hit 60 last week. Blew 1800g on getting my Epic Mount and an Arcanite Reaper (best 2HD axe in the game). I'm a Warrior on the Mal'Ganis server. For as much as people bitch about warriors sucking, I pretty much destroy anybody who I come across.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:04 pm

Riot wrote:I hit 60 last week. Blew 1800g on getting my Epic Mount and an Arcanite Reaper (best 2HD axe in the game). I'm a Warrior on the Mal'Ganis server. For as much as people bitch about warriors sucking, I pretty much destroy anybody who I come across.
epic mount is only 900g, so you spent 900g on the AR? RIPOFF. They sell for like 300g on BH. IF THAT.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:09 pm

Um.... It takes 20 Arcanite Bars. Each bar costs about 40-45g to get. Plus I had to pay the guy 100g to make it. I don't mind, it's worth it and it's not like money is hard to come by.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:23 pm

Riot wrote:Um.... It takes 20 Arcanite Bars. Each bar costs about 40-45g to get. Plus I had to pay the guy 100g to make it. I don't mind, it's worth it and it's not like money is hard to come by.
might be your server since its alot less populated than mine.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:27 pm

I doubt it. The bars take Arcane crystals which are rare from the highest level mining spots. Those sell for like 30-35g. Then you need to use 1 Arcane Crystal and 1 Thorium Bar, and have an alchemist do Transmute Arcanite. This ability is on a 2-day timer, so alchemists usually charge 5g to do it. After all that, you've got yourself 40g for 1 arcanite bar. x20. Mal'Ganis is a pretty large server, I assume prices are similar. They might be a bit different, but definitely not 600g different. 700-900g is the expectancy for an Arcanite Reaper.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:56 pm

Riot wrote:I doubt it. The bars take Arcane crystals which are rare from the highest level mining spots. Those sell for like 30-35g. Then you need to use 1 Arcane Crystal and 1 Thorium Bar, and have an alchemist do Transmute Arcanite. This ability is on a 2-day timer, so alchemists usually charge 5g to do it. After all that, you've got yourself 40g for 1 arcanite bar. x20. Mal'Ganis is a pretty large server, I assume prices are similar. They might be a bit different, but definitely not 600g different. 700-900g is the expectancy for an Arcanite Reaper.
check wowcensus, thats a good bar to hold server activity to. not the most accurate but eh it gives you an idea.

AtomX

Post by AtomX » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:03 pm

I started a Night Elf Rogue on BH. Just level 12 right now. It's pretty fun. Haven't really ventured out of Teldrassil though.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:21 am

AtomX wrote:I started a Night Elf Rogue on BH. Just level 12 right now. It's pretty fun. Haven't really ventured out of Teldrassil though.
dont because I'll kill you.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:53 am

Here's a good reason to play WoW rather than Everquest II

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/

Now if you could use in-game money to pay for your pizza, THEN I might be interested :lol:

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:06 pm

Personally, I'm getting sick of WoW. It's lost its fun. There's nothing to it. Once you reach level 40, there's almost nothing left to do other than kill the other faction and ride around on your mount. Everything else you have done thousands of times just to get to level 40. There's no incentive at this moment to continue playing. Oh, in a few months battlegrounds...yay...so how can I justify spending $45+ waiting for this "awesome" free "expansion". also, what the fuck is up with blizzard and never patching anything? They've rolled out two patches since I started playing. The first I have no clue what it did as I figured it'd happen daily and to keep up on daily patch news is annoying. The last one I checked...Wow, a paladin skill and a few hiccups....we waited a few weeks for this?

SWG has an amazing patch team now thanks to the new devs they have and they issue new builds almost every 2 weeks from what I've been told. I've also been told it's nowhere near as buggy as it once was. Also, people rejoining aparrantly are GIVEN money as an incentive saying "Thanks for rejoining, enjoy your stay!"

WoW's support doesn't exist flat out. There isn't even a need to discuss the follies here, it just doesn't fucking exist.

WoW has no character individualism. When lineage 2 came out people bitched because all the avatars are the same and all the chars walk the same etc etc....Well WoW is just as bad. You choose your sex, class and then 1 of like maybe 10 skins per say of face, hair & skin color. Hell, I don't even remember. But it isn't enough. EQ2 takes FOREVER to make a character.

I just accidentally purchased 1 more month to my WoW subscription, so I'm stuck with it for 30 more days. Since I'm bored out of my mind what is there left to do? have a blast

I dunno, I feel cheated. I should've gotten EQ2 :cry:
insert code compile execute return

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:23 pm

sam wrote:It's lost its fun. There's nothing to it. Once you reach level 40, there's almost nothing left to do other than kill the other faction and ride around on your mount. Everything else you have done thousands of times just to get to level 40. There's no incentive at this moment to continue playing.
Welcome to why I don't play Everquest, WOW, and it's ilk.

"Look! I'm running around and hitting stuff, over and over again! After I hit a lot of stuff, I level up, were I'll get to hit more stuff! But that's not all! Sometimes I retrieve a key/crystal/missing person/artifact from the dangerous woods/cave/rival nation! Man, this sure is worth $15 a month!"

No thanks.
Signatures sure are awesome.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:21 pm

if i had a pic converter i'd post my pics of me raping pretz :(