Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

WTB Kirby and mario gamesssss

Post by mexican ninja » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:42 pm

I've decided that I like playing video games again.

Looking for:

Kirby Superstar
Mario All Stars

Anywas, reply, email, or PM if you can help me out.
Last edited by mexican ninja on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:01 pm

there are 4 kirby SNES games:
Super Star (BEST ONE, it has like 8 games in one)
Avalanche (never played it)
Dream Course (really odd but fun game where it is like you are playing putt putt with kirby as the ball)
Dream Land 3 (just like every other Dream land game)

I have super star, just not willing to part with it, just thought I would let you know the games for snes of kirby....the one you are thinking about with nightmare in it is 'Nightmare in Dreamland' for GBA

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 am

lgolem wrote:there are 4 kirby SNES games:
Super Star (BEST ONE, it has like 8 games in one)
Avalanche (never played it)
Dream Course (really odd but fun game where it is like you are playing putt putt with kirby as the ball)
Dream Land 3 (just like every other Dream land game)

I have super star, just not willing to part with it, just thought I would let you know the games for snes of kirby....the one you are thinking about with nightmare in it is 'Nightmare in Dreamland' for GBA
Awesome, thanks for that info. Looking back I could have just googled that buuuut I'm lazy. And the only reason I couldn't remember Super Star is because I never realy owned it. I just rented it from Meijer and kept for an insanely long time. They don't do anything about it, just send you a bunch of letters. Heck they didn't even make you pay the late fees.

I wonder why Meijer doesn't rent movies/games anymore...

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 am

hahaha jeff.

i wonder why you want to play these games again.

:]

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 am

emulators/roms

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:05 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:emulators/roms
just not the same.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:29 am

Oh wow, I had no idea emulators were an option. Why, if I knew I could do that I would never want to purchase said products.

Shiiiiiiiit.

In b4 boring "debate" and I resort to personal insults like calling you a hippie for living in Cali. Whatever.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:51 pm

Is it really that much different playing on a console? I figure you're just that much more likely to lose your saved games (especially for NES games).

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:26 pm

Anyways if anyone could help me locate a hard copy of those games that would be awesome.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:42 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Is it really that much different playing on a console? I figure you're just that much more likely to lose your saved games (especially for NES games).
I don't understand it entirely but there is a great nastalgic feeling finding an old SNES game and popping it it, maybe cause SNESs did not screw up as much as nes and normally sticking it in once would work. There was a phase about 2 years ago where I wanted the hard copies of my old games, so I went out and bought them from a pawn shop that had like all the games I wanted that I sold for some stupid reason, even Earthbound.

But I will keep an eye out for any of the kirby games for you or any of the other games you mentioned.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:21 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:
just not the same.
you can buy a SNES controller and use that on your computer, aside from that, if you want to pay 50 bucks to put a cartridge in a game slot (because that's all you'd be missing) then yeah lol
mexican ninja wrote:
hippie for living in Cali. Whatever.
i'm not even going to debate this, hahaha, that's like the farthest thing from me

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:50 pm

lgolem wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Is it really that much different playing on a console? I figure you're just that much more likely to lose your saved games (especially for NES games).
I don't understand it entirely but there is a great nastalgic feeling finding an old SNES game and popping it it, maybe cause SNESs did not screw up as much as nes and normally sticking it in once would work. There was a phase about 2 years ago where I wanted the hard copies of my old games, so I went out and bought them from a pawn shop that had like all the games I wanted that I sold for some stupid reason, even Earthbound.

But I will keep an eye out for any of the kirby games for you or any of the other games you mentioned.
I guess theres a collection aesthetic, but otherwise the game play is the same. If for some reason (graphics or sound) the game play is different, then hell yeah go buy the cart.

Just another quick plug.

As far as using the orginal controller, easy to set up. http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/sne ... dex_en.php

Well not really. I just use a ps2-usb converter.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:46 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
th34nt0ni0 wrote:
just not the same.
you can buy a SNES controller and use that on your computer, aside from that, if you want to pay 50 bucks to put a cartridge in a game slot (because that's all you'd be missing) then yeah lol
mexican ninja wrote:
hippie for living in Cali. Whatever.
i'm not even going to debate this, hahaha, that's like the farthest thing from me
Hey, taking me out of context is really cool.

I already (kindly) asked you to get the fuck out of my thread once. If you're not going to offer to sell me any of them mentioned games then you have no business here.

Goddamn hippies, smoked themselves stupid I tell you.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:51 pm

I don't's haves any NESes.

I was borns a Sega kid.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Mexy has a good point. Regardless of your opinion, he knows what he wants and that's why he made this thread. If you have nothing to contribute other than to offer your differing opinion and "debate" as to why it's better, GTFO.