**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Painful
Beginner
Beginner

*Selling* DDR 8th Mix Korean Cabinet

Post by Painful » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello,

So I had joined up here long ago, and never really followed through on posting or meeting anyone because of extenuating circumstances. Those circumstances are now ending, and I'm getting some affairs in order.

I need to sell the DDR cabinet I purchased back in December of 2014. It came from a school auction in non-working condition. Missing some pad acrylics and non-software loading. The system is in working order, pads are in arguably "great" (not perfect) condition. System has a few quirks about it but I think it's a great box regardless. All missing acrylics have been replaced (looks good!).

The short of it is - DDR 8th Mix, original CRT (some wavy distortion in top quadrant), 3rd mix Marquee (lol), bulb blown out in bottom left marquee, very playable (no real pad misses, plenty of AAAs). I do have 6 replacement pad sensors to go along with it, although the original sensors are fine; sensor brackets may need to be adjusted slightly.

Also has a 3rd mix cart and CD, but I never took the time to figure out if it's loadable or not.

I'm looking to get 2k out of it. I'm open to negotiation. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong place to post this! Also, regardless, if anyone is down for a meetup anywhere to play, I'm open. Hate to have to get rid of this machine, I really do, but things are what they are and it needs to go.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: *Selling* DDR 8th Mix Korean Cabinet

Post by MonMotha » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Moved to the trading post.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Pictures would be appreciated.

Not sure if a 1st generation Korean cab is worth $2k these days though. Red cabs (SuperNOVA-era Japanese cabs) can be bought for only $2.5k now. You should be able to get a decent amount out of it considering it seems to be in very good condition from your description. I have been looking for a cab, mainly because I'm tired of soft pads and I'm wary of Precision pads. Kept trying to buy the broken SN2 at Tilt but I guess they like having giant paperweights. Not a huge loss though, people here have said it's probably not worth saving anyway.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 am

I suppose I forgot to take shipping into account. What did other people here pay in total for their machines?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:27 pm

I paid $4700 for mine and rented a truck to drive up to Michigan to go get it. Rental and fuel was probably...about $300?
Total cost: $5000

Of course this was in 2003...so, yeah.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Mine was like 1800 or 1900 plus 500-600 shipping I believe. Pretty sure my overall cost was around 2400 maybe? I've since put on a Minimaid and built a mini Stepmania PC to run on mine. I would probably start at 2000 to 2500 if I were to sell mine (which I am somewhat considering) since the Minimaid alone is ~300 and the Stepmania setup was an additional ~200-300 maybe. Plus I cleaned it up and stuff.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Getting the machine from eBay to my house was about $2,000.

I bought all new sensors and spent a good amount of time cleaning the machine up so I'd say with time and labor I probably ended up spending $2,300. Totally worth it though, I love being able to play whenever and not have to deal with the bullshit that comes with playing these dancing games in public and plus it's a neat little talking piece whenever people come over.

Painful
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Painful » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Sorry for the late response.

Images here:

https://picsurge.com/g/FtsKLg

Here are some caveats / additions:

Issues

1P up arrow light lamp missing
Marquee bottom left light doesn't work, need replacement halogen bulb
Entering game options in service menu randomly reboots machine
CRT has intermittent lines in top of display - doesn't affect gameplay
Pads aren't in perfect condition but are playable at a "competitive" level (casual player wouldn't notice any issues)

Other Items

6 replacement sensors included
DDR 8th mix install and play CD
DDR 3rd mix security cartridge and install/play CD (haven't had time to learn how to load this)
Sound quality expected of machine