Score Tracking Site ???

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:37 pm

MonMotha wrote:When you play 1 handed (like Ho and Arka do), most of the 7-Keys (aka "Hyper") charts are decidedly difficult...
Fixed. And yes, they *are* difficult. That's the point.
MonMotha wrote:I'd tell you to DJ Battle me, but my scores are even older than Ho's. I played the crap out of Pop'n Music, though...
Yeah... still working on obtaining Pop'N Music, unfortunately. Or rather, still working on figuring out whether it's possible to get a decent controller for less than US$250.00.

Edit: nice avatar. Why do I have no trouble believing that you are posting on IndyDDR wirelessly from your car? 8)

And Ho, what say we convince this poor soul to resume the VJArmy thing? I'm almost certain that it'll be more fun. :twisted:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:28 am

Dear Arka,

OVERACHIEVER!

Sincerely,
Ho

P.S. - ;)
P.P.S. - I'm more likely to post from a car than MonMotha.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:31 am

?!

Eh? I'm lost. Flattered (it's not true, sadly), but lost.

Stomped scores restomped. You're it! :wink:

P.P.S.: Wow... you're my new hero. "You give us hope for the futur[ists]!"

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:53 am

Arka wrote:?!

Eh? I'm lost. Flattered (it's not true, sadly), but lost.

Stomped scores restomped. You're it! :wink:

P.P.S.: Wow... you're my new hero. "You give us hope for the futur[ists]!"
How can you have a post-post-script when there's no post-script? Hell, there was barely any script :).

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

Yeah, I know, but it was a direct reply to his P.P.S., and it was faster than saying "P.P.S.->reply"...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:00 am

Arka wrote:I get the feeling I should be starting a new thread for this exchange, but I'm not sure where it would go. Does the Brag Board double as a Trash Talk forum? :wink:
I just started one. You, of course, are welcome to do the same.

*special mod powers* Let this thread now return to its original topic! (yeah, whatever)

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:27 am

So... uh... yeah! About that PIU score tracking site that doesn't yet exist! :wink:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:47 am

In the spirit of getting this thread back on track, I'll respond to something you stated awhile ago:
Arka wrote:For the sake of completeness, though I'm sure you already know about it, I'll point you to the official ranking site.
Yes, I am aware of that site. I was #3 for a short time...only by virtue of being the third score posted since I had access to what may have been the first Zero machine in the country (or at least very, very early). *toots own horn*

The problem with that ranking site is that it ranks based on full game score. Given that Pump's scoring has a strong combo element to it and the fact that people play different sets of songs, it's very hard to make any comparisons against the other posted scores. I'm looking for something more granular in the vein of the aforementioned score sites for other games.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:22 pm

Ah, yes... I'd forgotten that, though I remember you posted about it at the time. Thanks; now I'm jealous all over again. :P

I suppose I could write up a cute little front-end for such a scoring system, but it'll never be as lovely as the VJ Army / Pop'N Navy sites are. (Dammit, Jim, I'm a coder, not a web designer.)

Shall we e-mail the DD:Recall/GrooveTrack guys and suggest they test the flexibility of their framework by making Post It Up? :wink:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:57 pm

I just went and checked where my score was at today. I appear to have fallen to #48 (out of 78). I'm kinda surprised how few scores have been entered given that Zero is into its sixth month of release. Either Andamiro isn't getting machines/upgrades out there as quickly as they probably would like or their Internet Ranking system is too cumbersome or inconvenient for many people to want to bother with it. Maybe both.

I'm also a little surprised that my score hasn't slipped even further down than it has. I'll have to take a score run to at least get myself back into the top half (a 'reasonable' goal ;)).
Arka wrote:Shall we e-mail the DD:Recall/GrooveTrack guys and suggest they test the flexibility of their framework by making Post It Up? :wink:
I'd love if they'd take on PIU. If nothing else, it would keep me from having to register on yet another site. :P I haven't looked into it, but I have trouble believing that someone else hasn't suggested the idea. Maybe check their forums? But yeah, I'd certainly support such a campaign.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:59 pm

I searched their forums, but really couldn't find anything mentioning Pump. So I made a post in their Suggestions forum. Feel free to add your remarks, caveats, support, or anything else - this goes for anyone who wants an online PIU scoring site, really.

Off-topic, I like the way the forum now warns you,

This is your last post for today!

Ouch. I went through all my posts somehow? I could have sworn I actually accomplished stuff today. Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be available via PM. :P