Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Pro 2?

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 pm

It's more likely than you think.

http://www.piu-pro.com/2009/10/piu-pro-2-test.html

Oh, Kyle Ward and Chris Foy are NOT involved in this release which will please established pump players.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: Pro 2?

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

What about established ITG players? It probably won't make them very happy hardcore.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

DAVE101 wrote:What about established ITG players? It probably won't make them very happy hardcore.
I lol'd.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Then, I guess they'll have to dance to the beat of a new Drum N' Bass Pro 2 on a different scale than the first Pro.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am

DAVE101 wrote:What about established ITG players? It probably won't make them very happy hardcore.
Most ITG players don't play Pump It Up so it doesn't matter.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 am

The word going around is that there will be a Mission Mode for Pro 2.

If it's anything like WorldMAX, then this will not end well....
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqrqSC3wqXo

funny that image in that link has the same background Chris's hacked machine has on it

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:24 am

you know there's a thread on AIJ where the developers are taking suggestions

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 pm

does 'please make charts that don't suck floppy puss covered dick' count as a suggestion?

ohnoitschris
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ohnoitschris » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 am

lgolem wrote:does 'please make charts that don't suck floppy puss covered dick' count as a suggestion?
pretty much this

they'd better do a damn good job if they're making a game that all of like 50 people will care about

DAVE&BUSTERS
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DAVE&BUSTERS » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:36 am

Dave and Busters has now upgraded to pump it up pro 2

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:18 pm

I played last night, and I'm disappointed in Pro 2.
My Facebook page wrote:As a freestyler, Pro 1 didn't have a lot of music in it that I particularly cared for since it was mostly ported from ITG. That's not to say I think it was bad outright. It's just not the type of music I prefer since it leans more toward stepping and away from performance. The music from mainline Pump helped fill it out, but of course that was nothing I hadn't seen before.

Pro 2, on the other hand, seems to have added many songs that I do enjoy. Unfortunately, in 5 games (15 songs), they all seemed to be mated to boring or un-freestyleable (read: too easy or too hard) charts that seem even less fun to me than the few (Pro unique) songs I would freestyle from Pro 1.

Obviously I have haven't played it all, but I think 15 songs is a pretty good sampling to form an opinion. Add to this, the game itself seems more buggy and more difficult to navigate than its predecessor. The result is that I find myself rather unmotivated to play the game again.
I wanted to give Pro a chance, but I'd much rather have Fiesta at our D&B. Based on my experience, Fiesta was fun from play 1 while Pro 2 was just frustrating.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Ho wrote:I played last night, and I'm disappointed in Pro 2.
My Facebook page wrote:As a freestyler, Pro 1 didn't have a lot of music in it that I particularly cared for since it was mostly ported from ITG. That's not to say I think it was bad outright. It's just not the type of music I prefer since it leans more toward stepping and away from performance. The music from mainline Pump helped fill it out, but of course that was nothing I hadn't seen before.

Pro 2, on the other hand, seems to have added many songs that I do enjoy. Unfortunately, in 5 games (15 songs), they all seemed to be mated to boring or un-freestyleable (read: too easy or too hard) charts that seem even less fun to me than the few (Pro unique) songs I would freestyle from Pro 1.

Obviously I have haven't played it all, but I think 15 songs is a pretty good sampling to form an opinion. Add to this, the game itself seems more buggy and more difficult to navigate than its predecessor. The result is that I find myself rather unmotivated to play the game again.
I wanted to give Pro a chance, but I'd much rather have Fiesta at our D&B. Based on my experience, Fiesta was fun from play 1 while Pro 2 was just frustrating.
I do agree with Ho on all of those points. It kind of does feel like the freestyle community kind of got the shaft on this one and their focus was on speeders more than anything. While there are some good charts on Crazy and Nightmare, there are also some charts that just are really poorly done. (Note: I will say for the record that most of the pump players I know don't want ITG gimmicks in pump and I'm inclined to agree as it serves no purpose nor are they utilized in the arcade mode of the main series.) The stability issue though was really what ruins Pro 2 currently as having it stutter sometimes at the first few seconds of a notechart will cause somebody to fail a song and just becomes tedious. The two big issues though was that it randomly stopped working with USB thumb drives and eventually crashed on Dream to Nightmare Hard. These developments are rather disappointing due to how much potential this release had and it is the hope of several of us who went there that the stability issues are addressed by the development team in a quick and effective manner. (One note, one suggestion I would give based on Pro 1 experiences is that patches for this release should be made openly available for download as more facilities will be inclined to patch the machine if it's more accessible.)

Update: According to WhiteDragon, the hard drive may be to blame as it refused to load at all throughout the morning. Andamiro will be sending them a replacement hard drive (which is currently on backorder) and the machine has been reverted to Pro 1 in the meantime. (Hopefully the replacement hard drive will not have these issues.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm

ok, I thought Pro staff was a rip off the other works of Pump it Up....then I saw this, and thought....'are they playing Sorceress Elise the union chart (the song on Fiesta that Ho and Brandon did for the tech exhibition at DAT8).....no but it is VERY similar...just with retarded rolls added
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9n1DMmjKYY

edit: also this is funny, I tried to log into the Pump Pro forum.....

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm

OWNED