Pump It Up Cabinet Ownership

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Pump It Up Cabinet Ownership

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:10 am

Earlier this week my SX1 Pump cabinet arrived. It is missing the metal bracket to connect the pads together which is the biggest issue easily. The rest of the issues are relatively minor, but a bit annoying. One is that the machine uses two power supplies currently, with one not wanting to run concurrently with the other unless I have it going first for a bit (this is also the one that powers the subwoofer and pads) which is odd. Also, the monitor's horizontal can't be adjusted, but it's still playable. Would love to get some help in fixing this baby up. The more immediate concern is to clean this thing up and to upgrade it from MK3 to MK6 or MK9.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Pump It Up Cabinet Ownership

Post by MonMotha » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 am

You can probably get the official stage straps from an Andamiro distributor, but if not, any local metal shop should be able to make them for you pretty easily. They're just a piece of sheet metal with some holes, one 90 degree bend, and painted black. The relevant screws can be had at most hardware stores.

When you say "horizontal can't be adjusted", do you mean that the horizontal size adjustment control on the monitor doesn't do anything, or something else?

The multiple power supplies is a hack somebody has perpetrated on the cabinet. I'd have to see it to know how to restore it to a reasonable state. If you upgrade to an Mk6/Mk9, it may be irrelevant, anyway, as they just include a standard PC supply (TFX formfactor) and run off AC (220V, normally, from a big transformer in the base of the cabinet since the entire cabinet is internally built for Korean 220V power).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 am

If you properly set the stage levelers, the binding strap becomes somewhat less important. But yeah...it should be easy enough to get. Andamiro at least still exists and distributes in the US.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:11 pm

I only have two levelers for the entire platform. The rest of it is stuck on wheels so I'll have to replace them. I also took a video of the power supplies in question.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:14 am

Can I get links to the stoppers and the stage straps so that I can get that dealt with now? Would like to play some half-double and full-double (Nightmare was introduced in Prex3 so I don't have that currently) while I wait for my mk9 to arrive.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Just call Andamiro and ask for your local distributor. It's probably Shaffer. And if that's the case...good luck.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:23 pm

BMI and Brady Games are also known to sell to anyone, even those outside their official territories.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:01 pm

I have a bit of an update. As of today I upgraded to MK6 plus I now own Zero and Fiesta. We also did a considerable amount of cleanup on the machine we got and it is a huge difference now. The only issue currently is the monitor issues. (The monitor is a Kortek KT-2932) Once I can get it fixed up then the cabinet should be in great condition.
Memorable 2016 quotes: