Hey everyone....

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Hey everyone....

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun May 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Potter wrote:
maxxUnlimited wrote:I'm friends with Jon on FB but not the rest of you. Add me(Shannon Mickels) or tell me your last name lol. I'd like to catch up with you guys. Maybe invite some ppl over to play on my machine or hit up some indy crew next time i'm down there
what you'll find out after adding him is that he's actually also secretly a crazy good bowler. What do you enjoy more these days, bowling or DDR? I know Zach bowls (bowled?) too, yall ever bowled together?

I agree though we should totally try to get a little reunion meet up going or something
Still bowlin', still gettin' them (one) 300s.

Congratulations on the marriage Shannon! I'll add you on Facebook.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

maxxUnlimited
Light
Light

Post by maxxUnlimited » Sun May 04, 2014 3:53 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Potter wrote:
maxxUnlimited wrote:I'm friends with Jon on FB but not the rest of you. Add me(Shannon Mickels) or tell me your last name lol. I'd like to catch up with you guys. Maybe invite some ppl over to play on my machine or hit up some indy crew next time i'm down there
what you'll find out after adding him is that he's actually also secretly a crazy good bowler. What do you enjoy more these days, bowling or DDR? I know Zach bowls (bowled?) too, yall ever bowled together?

I agree though we should totally try to get a little reunion meet up going or something
Still bowlin', still gettin' them (one) 300s.

Congratulations on the marriage Shannon! I'll add you on Facebook.
Thanks Zach. Yea I'd have to say since I got my machine, ddr is slowly catching up to bowling. As long as I can keep winning money, bowling will be #1

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 05, 2014 8:35 am

You can chime in on this, Shannon. What do you think is more difficult achievement? Getting a 300 in bowling or AAAing Max 300?

maxxUnlimited
Light
Light

Post by maxxUnlimited » Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:You can chime in on this, Shannon. What do you think is more difficult achievement? Getting a 300 in bowling or AAAing Max 300?
AAAing Max 300 is far more difficult than a 300 game. at least for me it is. I believe I have seven 300s and 5g on max 300

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue May 06, 2014 12:53 pm

That settles it.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue May 06, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm glad I am on the right side of history on this "what is harder" debate.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 06, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm just glad I'm left handed and have to move maybe two to four boards a tournament.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Move boards? I'm bowling-dumb.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Move boards? I'm bowling-dumb.
Lanes have patterns of oil laid out on them. House shots tend to be fairly flat patterns that are laid out more for economic reasons than difficulty.

Tournaments, scratch and sport leagues will have more challenging patterns of oil laid out prior to competition. Google PBA oil patterns or Kegel if you want a visual. These oil patterns have very little forgiveness and can change dramatically as people roll their modern, aggressive coverstock bowling balls down them. This pushes the oil around, changing the dynamics of the shot.

Boards refers to the wooden (synthetic these days) boards of a bowling approach/lane that run parallel to the gutters. These are reference points for feet and ball position. As the oil breaks down over a couple games, you may have to "move boards" to refind your path to the pocket. Since there tend to be a lot more right handed bowlers, they generally have to adjust a bit more than lefties. There's a certain skill level though where it honestly won't matter.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Move boards? I'm bowling-dumb.
Lanes have patterns of oil laid out on them. House shots tend to be fairly flat patterns that are laid out more for economic reasons than difficulty.

Tournaments, scratch and sport leagues will have more challenging patterns of oil laid out prior to competition. Google PBA oil patterns or Kegel if you want a visual. These oil patterns have very little forgiveness and can change dramatically as people roll their modern, aggressive coverstock bowling balls down them. This pushes the oil around, changing the dynamics of the shot.

Boards refers to the wooden (synthetic these days) boards of a bowling approach/lane that run parallel to the gutters. These are reference points for feet and ball position. As the oil breaks down over a couple games, you may have to "move boards" to refind your path to the pocket. Since there tend to be a lot more right handed bowlers, they generally have to adjust a bit more than lefties. There's a certain skill level though where it honestly won't matter.
Ah. I had no idea the oil made that big a difference. I figured it was just something you needed to do once a day, kind of like taking a Zamboni machine to the ice rink.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed May 07, 2014 6:46 pm

til
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Ah. I had no idea the oil made that big a difference. I figured it was just something you needed to do once a day, kind of like taking a Zamboni machine to the ice rink.
Well, it depends on the house but many house shots could be equated to a Zamboni doing general maintenance. It's a whole different ball game when it comes to tournaments and leagues that utilize sport patterns. House patterns will be more forgiving and encourage ball motion to the pocket from many positions. Sport patterns will be less forgiving (sometimes 1 or 2 boards is enough to make a strike ball into a nasty split).

maxxUnlimited
Light
Light

Post by maxxUnlimited » Thu May 08, 2014 2:58 pm

damn lefties....haha jk.

i'll be going to detroit this weekend for a big $25,000 tourney. hope to get that big $$$

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 08, 2014 3:55 pm

maxxUnlimited wrote:damn lefties....haha jk.

i'll be going to detroit this weekend for a big $25,000 tourney. hope to get that big $$$
How do bowling tournaments work? Is it a bracket?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

I hate lefties too, Shannon.