Confirmed Empress CS information

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Confirmed Empress CS information

Post by Ho » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

I just wish I had managed to get that picture on one of the IIDX machines I saw with an LCD screen so it didn't have that nasty scanline in the middle of it. :/ Oh well.

Still, I saw it and was like, "wha?" And then I remembered...oh yeah, eAmuse. They can push out all sorts of fancy stuff like that! I definitely picked up an eAmuse card while I was out there, so I'm on the network! I'm ranked something like #60,000-something on jubeat. :P

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Ho wrote:I just wish I had managed to get that picture on one of the IIDX machines I saw with an LCD screen so it didn't have that nasty scanline in the middle of it. :/ Oh well.

Still, I saw it and was like, "wha?" And then I remembered...oh yeah, eAmuse. They can push out all sorts of fancy stuff like that! I definitely picked up an eAmuse card while I was out there, so I'm on the network! I'm ranked something like #60,000-something on jubeat. :P
Nice, how is jubeat anyhow?

Oh, 4 of the CS premiere videos went up, here's some observations: (Note: NSFW!!!)

Electrorgasm - Well, it does sound like SOTA was making it with one hand and j**kin off with the other. Who wants to bet that it comes to a 'climatic finish' at the end.
Tori-no-kimochi - Good Nekomata Master song, but I don't understand why he opted to use the + plus moniker given that it's the same as his prior + songs.
Troposphere - Drastically different from kobo's usual sound. Dunno if that's a good thing or not though.
Flag of Peace - Better than the standard NO+CHIN fare. However, I'll have to listen to the full song once an opportunity arises.

Also, why do they have single player 4:3 mode stretched out to 16:9 aspect ratio for the video? Kind of makes no sense really. I do have to point out that all the videos show that the songs are using generic videos and do not have custom videos like most CS premieres do. This may possibly be due to the fact that they are cramming so many songs into this release.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:08 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Nice, how is jubeat anyhow?
Way fun! It combines some of the precision mechanics I like in IIDX with some of the pattern and physicality elements I like in pop'n music with its own new gameplay style. The result is a familiar yet excitingly fresh Bemani experience.

I still need to upload all my videos from Japan. There are some jubeat vids in there...stay tuned!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 am

I wanna play Jubeat! Welcome back Brian, Japan sounded fun.

Long time no see.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 am

Black Anothers, hidden songs, and new notecharts are listed on http://purotora.com/bemani/bmIIdxCS16th.html

Some major notes:
Also, Programmed World's video has changed from the 4th Style generic vid to the 8th Style generic vid.
The Strong Jaeger Another from 8th Style CS is in this release.

Edit: A new Hidden CS premiere has been confirmed and it's.... Time To Empress? (Seiryu will sue!)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am

I figure this needs to be outright said. Bad Maniacs has the most rediculous unlock requirements I've ever seen in a IIDX release. Get this:

- Completely Unlock Archive Mode (500 PICTURES!)
- Clear Dominion, Eraser Engine, and Back Into The Light -FWF remix-
- Reach Extra Stage in Standard Mode with all songs AA or higher
- AA one of Kors K's songs as the Extra Stage. (Currently suspected that it has to be on another.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:20 am

http://f.hatena.ne.jp/twitter/20091021112901

Well, this explains the unlock requirements for Bad Maniacs, it's the OMES for Sirius.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I watched Merk play Empress last night and butterfly wings sprouted out of backs and pixie dust erupted from our mouth.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:18 pm

ROTFLOL!

A vlog review of Empress + Premium Best will be going up shortly. Should be funny.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:23 pm

OK IT BETTER BE REALLLLLY FUCKING FUNNY IF IT HAS BEEN HYPED

I WANT FIVE (5) OVER NINE THOUSAND (9000) JOKES AT LEAST

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 am

Merk wrote:OK IT BETTER BE REALLLLLY FUCKING FUNNY IF IT HAS BEEN HYPED

I WANT FIVE (5) OVER NINE THOUSAND (9000) JOKES AT LEAST
Well, it's Mr. I'm going to say something to Amp out of the blue and when directly addressed about anything act rude and ignore it. The most appropriate response is that you'll get nothing and like it!

Furthermore, I've held back from saying this since DDR-A-Thon 7 cause it may be taken the wrong way, but now it seems like it has to be done on a open forum. What has been seen by several people including me is that your sociable skills have been disappointing at best in recent months. I am not acting angry or trying to start drama, but rather I wish to address a legitimate concern and establish a dialogue. If people want lulzy drama, there's plenty of that on the Internets to go around.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Some people may be interested in some of these numbers.

The goal that was mentioned on Purotora in terms of sales was 40k. Currently according to the charts I've checked the non-special edition sales are already at 28k and the special editions were selling out prior to the release so this may have already hit it's goal.

There has been talk about IIDX doing a next gen move which would be nice, but there are a couple of issues with that. To my knowledge Sony requires PS3 games to be more than 480p for their regular resolution so the engine may have to be redone for that platform. As for the 360, Japanese Developers are notorious for region locking damn near everything. Finally, the Wii would have a possible issue with video as the PStwo releases used the onboard MPEG-2 decoder for video and the Wii has no official implementation for MPEG-2 playback. With this in mind I'm interested in seeing what Konami decides to do.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:30 am

IIDX Empress + Premium Best Review:

Pros:
- 198 songs, including all 3 House Nation licensed songs and 2 preview songs from Sirius.
- Despite being two discs, requires only one save. (Albeit the save file is 873 kb.)
- Starts off with older note splashes and Sudden+ images unlocked from the beginning.
- More Black Another charts and with difficulties going from hard 10s to the most difficult 12s to challenge the best players.
- Reviving Black Another charts that were previously only available in CS Dan modes. (Vanessa, Kamaitachi, and the Scripted Connection Long Mix has been split to it's 3 mixes.)
- Clione, Absolute, and Jelly Kiss receiving Another mode charts.
- The revival of Anothers that were previously only available on CS. (of note being The Strong Jaeger)
- The last minute inclusion of the original version of The Shining Polaris.
- The timing offset being changed from going in increments of 1 from -5 to +5 to increments of 0.1 for precise control. (Note: The timing on this is late like Happy Sky was as I learned the hard way as I was hitting too late on a Gold AC machine yesterday.)

Cons:
- Editing of content due to CERO ratings reasons. (3y3s's video was edited and no bikini pics from 7th and 8th styles are in archive mode.)
- Bad Maniacs has quite possibly the most ridiculous unlock requirements out of all IIDX CS releases.
- While all revivals in this release were based from most played songs from the arcade, it is difficult to justify reviving songs that have appeared in CS releases after 2007.
- Gambol Another is NOT in this release. (Courtesy of the GJA code though, it can still technically be played.)
Memorable 2016 quotes: