INDIANA NEEDS AN ITG TOURNEY

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 am

I would LOVE to have more tournaments, and not just necessarily ITG, DDR would be fine too. Unfortunately, I have the same transportation problem as Coty and Joey. I would probably only be able to attend if it was either in Ft. Wayne, or like a 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive away.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:01 am

alright guys, here's the scenario....tmrw I dont work and will be in the Indy area. Basically, I'm gonna stop by my moms in Carmel. She lives across the street from laser flash and since it'll be kinda early, I'm hoping I can talk to management and not some punk kid about this. Personally, laser flash has the best pads in the state. Then, I'm gonna try for pinheads to first play on the pads. If I like them, then I'll try and sell the idea of a tourney. Perhaps the Anderson ppl can do something about their location. Hell, it'd be nice if we could have one at each spot.

Is there any possibility that someone can meet me at pinheads or even laser flash or somewhere and a few of us can just take my car to try and persuade these ppl for indiana's 1st ITG tournament?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:11 am

Effect. wrote:
th34nt0ni0 wrote:hellz yea we should have tourneys.

then more tourneys so we can add numbers to the end of the tourney name to make it sound cool.

anderson sounds like it would be good, if they did something about the 1p left arrow...
There is something wrong with the left arrow? I never noticed. lols I might be going up there tomorrow so I can check it out and make sure. But the last time I was up there it seemed to work fine for me.
Yeah basically the whole left pad is messed up. I've seen it have problems with the up and down arrows. But apparently the left arrow sucks too.

Shannon I'd offer to help but I've already got plans for tomorrow. :[
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:46 pm

It's not just because I weigh 95...at Laser Flash I can do hands no problem. Trust me people, I live less than 4 minutes away from Pinheads and it definitely sucks.
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:37 pm

I'll give a 2nd opinion of Pinheads tmrw afternoon.
ImageImage
ImageImage

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Is a DDR tourney completely excluded?

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:31 pm

danc1005 wrote:Is a DDR tourney completely excluded?
why?

ddr sucks

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:
danc1005 wrote:Is a DDR tourney completely excluded?
why?

ddr sucks
and so does itg
Team KIMO represent!

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Okay, well me, blackcat, and Orc went up to Pinheads today. The pads aren't that bad as everyone says. Orc seemed to do just fine on them. The only problem, which shouldn't be a problem if we get a tourney there, is that the machine is not r21. Which, like I said, can be easily fixed. We did run into a slight problem towards the end with some kids messing with us. But I am sure that wouldn't be problem over all. Anyways, I think Pinheads shouldn't be excluded because some think the pads are bad. Its actually one of the better choices as you can hear the machine better and there is more room for people to sit. Anyways... Thats my conclusion on it. :]

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah, I agree...Pinheads has A LOT of room for a tournament to be held, so there wouldn't be any problem for space if a lot of people showed up. Also, the pads are in good condition, and the place doesn't echo...at Rascal's you can barely hear it, I haven't been to the one in Laser Flash for a while, but I really don't remember liking it much, or else I would keep going back there. All Pinheads need to do it let us put in the r21, and it is a great machine for a tournament.

HAI SHANNON KAN I HITCH A RIDE WITH YAOU? Mike will be playing soccer tomorrow. I would like to pay. I don't have a car, nor a license to be able to drive.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:59 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:I'll give a 2nd opinion of Pinheads tmrw afternoon.
If you're going to get there between 11 and 1 then I can stop by either pinheads or laserflash. I work on 96th street and eat lunch around then. I think Ho works around that area too... :shock:

Liked pinheads. Me, effect, and blackcat were up there today. I can hear it so much better than at rascal's=] I had no problems with the pads... however... it's definitely not R21. It didn't even say a version number. I asked the lady working there about it but she just said she'd talk to someone on friday who might know more about it. I had the patch on my thumb >_<

Edit: Eww.. I just uploaded my scores and they are different on groovestats then they were on the machine.. the machine said I got an 88 on energizer and I upload to groovestats it's like.. sorry.. 85.. and it did the same on vertex

lolz and 2 blondes came up while blackcat was playing and were like "wow ddr! i wanna play!" and then when she finished her second song they were like "PICTURE!!" and jumped up next to blackcat and took a picture of the 3 of them. i don't think they understood the "3 songs per game" idea because they wandered off after that instead of waiting to play.

BLACKCAT IS FAMOUS NOW LAWLZ !!!
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:08 pm

I still say Laser Flash...
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Flound3r wrote:I still say Laser Flash...
Laser Flash wouldn't be bad being that the cabinet itself is in good condition. But then again, trying to hold a tourney there would be kinda hard seeing is how there will be alot more people floating about waiting for a Laser Tag game or something along those lines. Whereas, with Pinheads, the arcade is off to the side with plenty of seating while we wait. Along with that fact is that, unlike Laserflash, Pinheads didn't stuff ITG into a corner so its not as crowded with other machines around it as bad. But, like I said, I will play at any place that is decided on.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 am

Flound3r wrote:It's not just because I weigh 95...at Laser Flash I can do hands no problem. Trust me people, I live less than 4 minutes away from Pinheads and it definitely sucks.
I'll wait for Shannon's opinion.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:29 am

yea i'll try pinheads about 12:30ish today...otherwise im going to Rascals to play right after that. im not gonna go to Laser Flash like i had planned on. so i'll be at Rascals about 2ish til whenever. if anyone shows that'd be cool.
ImageImage
ImageImage