October 20, 2007
Carmel, IN
http://www.laser-flash.com
Sat Hours: 10am-midnight
Entry fee $12
Qualifying to be done by noon, with the tournament starting at 1pm
$2.50 all you can drink soft drinks all day long

Rules
-Hard/Expert. Best 2/3 wins the match. Players each choose one song. Players may choose their song to be played on hard or expert. 3rd song, if required, will be random and difficulty will be expert.
-Double elimination
-NCAA bracket based on qualifier, which will be decided day of the tournament
-No disqualifying mods allowed
-No turn mods allowed
-Players may only choose same song once during the tournament
-Score is recalc’d for obvious pad misses only
-no 12s or 13s first 2 rounds
-if someone does not pass their own song chosen, they automatically lose that round even if their opponent fails first

Cash Prizes
(after $50 is given to Laser Flash for putting their machine on free play all day)
-1st 65%
-2nd 25%
-3rd 10%
Last edited by BigBadOrc on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:38 pm

EDIT: i read this as september 20th. lol

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:40 pm

Should I post on DDRFreak?
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:30 pm

How will the Hard/Expert thing work out? Doesn't the person on the easier difficulty get an unfair advantage, or do both players have to agree on the difficulty?

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:58 pm

danc1005 wrote:How will the Hard/Expert thing work out? Doesn't the person on the easier difficulty get an unfair advantage, or do both players have to agree on the difficulty?
I think he means that all songs chosen must be on hard or expert, and if you choose a song that has both difficulties, you choose which chart BOTH of you play.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:27 am

Flound3r wrote:Should I post on DDRFreak?
I think Shannon was going to post this on some sites, but yeah, if he hasn't already then you can go ahead and post on DDRFreak
TaQa wrote: I think he means that all songs chosen must be on hard or expert, and if you choose a song that has both difficulties, you choose which chart BOTH of you play.
yes
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:05 am

This tournament needs a name...

How about "Larry"?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Ho wrote:This tournament needs a name...

How about "Larry"?
Larry sounds good to me

I may make an appearance to this, I think in order to get mike to compete in my tourney I told him I would compete in his, so work pending I will be there.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Name? LF1 maybe cuz after this one, hopefully they'll be more.

more things...
-no 12s or 13s first 2 rounds
-if a 3rd song is required, it has to be on expert
-if someone does not pass their own song chosen, they automatically lose that round even if their opponent fails first
ImageImage
ImageImage

zomg its joorz
Standard
Standard

Post by zomg its joorz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:18 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:-if someone does not pass their own song chosen, they automatically lose that round even if their opponent fails first
I don't see why having this one...

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Yeah, that rule is sort of unneeded... :roll:

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:07 pm

ok i say this because if you have 2 players who arent the greatest and player 1 wins his song and player 2 chooses some 13, knowing both cant pass. it's dumb for player 2 to choose that song just to see if he can last longer than player 1.

if you ever even competed in most ITG tourney's they usually have that rule.

EDIT:
another example using joors. he wins his match against me and then i know he has 60% failing on bloodrush (just looked at your GS), a song that i dont always pass when i play it. so i pick it just to see who can last longer. say i do last longer, with a higher percentage, but also fail, why is that fair to you when i dont even pass it. tournaments are not about who can last longer in a song without failing.
ImageImage
ImageImage

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:if you ever even competed in most ITG tourney's they usually have that rule.
no

zomg its joorz
Standard
Standard

Post by zomg its joorz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:31 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:ok i say this because if you have 2 players who arent the greatest and player 1 wins his song and player 2 chooses some 13, knowing both cant pass. it's dumb for player 2 to choose that song just to see if he can last longer than player 1.

if you ever even competed in most ITG tourney's they usually have that rule.

EDIT:
another example using joors. he wins his match against me and then i know he has 60% failing on bloodrush (just looked at your GS), a song that i dont always pass when i play it. so i pick it just to see who can last longer. say i do last longer, with a higher percentage, but also fail, why is that fair to you when i dont even pass it. tournaments are not about who can last longer in a song without failing.
I've competed in one ITG Tourney and it wasn't really any sponsored one or anything nor was there much of a prize. And..they didn't have that rule.

Anyways... I can understand your point for having such a rule, but also that score is from quite awhile ago, you can't always go from GS. :]

I .. honestly don't care if it's in place. But I would like to possibly pick determinator in the tournament which is a song I don't always pass but on average I do. and having the freedom to pick it and not have to lose the round by default is a nice thing. I'm sure there are other people that would like to have the freedom of picking songs they sometimes pass also.

Eh, whatever works. I have other songs I can pick from. I just thought I'd question it because I had never heard of the rule before.

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Eh, I might go to watch, probably won't compete. Just don't see a point to paying the entry fee to be put out first round. But all in all it should shape up to be a good tourney.