Blazin' The Floor 9 - July 17th, 2010 - Louisville, KY.

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

onULego
Light
Light

Blazin' The Floor 9 - July 17th, 2010 - Louisville, KY.

Post by onULego » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Blazin' The Floor 9

Address: 4121 Shelbyville Rd. Louisville, Kentucky
Phone Number: 502.767.6821 or 502.895.3462 (If you are going to be late, call and ask for Jesse or Uno.)
Date: July 17th, 2010
Pricing: $12
Divisions: Heavy and Standard (standard will be held if there's 8 or more interested players). Standard, if it exists, will be random seeding. Heavy will have a qualifier announced day of. If you would like to re-qualify, it is $5. Participants can only do this once, and the money goes directly to the prize pool after the venue fee has been taken out. If you re-qualify, you are effectively erasing the old score, thus you will take the second of the two scores. There are no refunds on this. Players who have not yet qualified have machine priority on qualifying over re-qualifiers. Registration and qualifiers will start at open (noon) and will last until 1:30 PM. Tournament will start no later than 2 PM.
Elimination Style Tournament (Heavy will be double, standard will be single)
DDR Mix: SuperNOVA
Money Distribution:
For the moment, money distribution is as listed below. The owner of the facility has mentioned putting up additional money into the prize pool, again after the venue fee has been taken out. In the event this falls through, I will put up an (at this time) undisclosed amount of my own.
1st: 30%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Scoring & Song information
-Score at the bottom determines winner. EOS.
-High seed has option of pad side or song pick (i.e. first or second pick.) at the start of the set. Low seed takes the remaining option.
-Players will play a best 2 out of 3 set. Final Rounds (Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Tournament Finals) will be a best 3 of 5. First player to win the majority amount of songs, wins.
-A normal set consists of one song chosen by each player, and a random for the last song. Finals sets will consist of two songs from each player (alternating), and a random for the last song.
-A tie on a song will count as a win for both players.
-In the event of a tie on the initial song set, we will continue randoming until there is a winner.
-Little, Freeze Arrow off, and turn mods are illegal.
-Any other mod is fair game.
-You can opt to forfeit a song during the match, just be aware that you will be a dropping a point and blah blah blah blah....
-Since this seems to be coming up more and more in each tournament, no intentionally trying to distract or throw your opponent off during the set. Singing, clapping, or physical contact with another player during the song is banned and you will be DQ'd for this. Using your feet to keep on beat in some manner is fine.
-Each song can only be selected once through-out the normal parts of the tournament. Song picks will be refreshed ONLY during the tournament finals.

-Pad misses and dropped freezes:
It's DDR. I assume most of us know how to play this game by now. Though it will be determined on a case-by-case basis, obvious cases of pad b.s. will be judged perfect, perfect, great, perfect, perfect, great, etc.

Basic Ground Rules:
1. Be respectful. Don't be a complete and total jerk to anyone just because you can. This goes for everyone, be it tournament participants, spectators, or visitors.
2. If you have any problems, ask me and I'll do what I can to help. If you choose the more abrasive route of blowing up at me instead, you will be DQ'ed and thrown out. :)
3. If you have any drama with anyone involved in the tournament, be it participant or spectator, leave it at the door.
4. Have Fun :)

That's pretty much the main gist of it so far. I'll add more stuff later on, if need be. If anyone has any questions, PM me or IM me (AIM SN = UnoLego), I'll do my best to answer them.

onULego
Light
Light

Re: Blazin' The Floor 9 - July 17th, 2010 - Louisville, KY.

Post by onULego » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am

bumping this only to find out if anyone from here would be coming.

Answer is probably no, but still.