STATUS UPDATE - 1/16 - 3:15am

Check here for the latest IndyDDR info.
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

STATUS UPDATE - 1/16 - 3:15am

Post by Ho » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:40 pm

That's right, 3:15am! Progress is being made! The forum system is up and running again, although not yet ready for the public. I'm doing some fine tuning and modifications to implement some changes that will hopefully improve the forum experience for everyone involved. The goals are to encourage high quality posting, allow users to establish documented "reputations", and to make the entire forum easier to manage for myself and the moderators. This is requiring some research, reading, and experimentation, but so far I have been able to make some good progress.

I know everyone is anxious for the site--and especially the forum--to return, so I'm sticking to the "graduated launch" idea I introduced in the status update prior to this one. As it specifically relates to the forum, I'm going to launch it with the default templates. Configuration will be limited to functionality only and I'll make it look customized as the rest of the site develops over time. This will allow me to get it back in service as quickly as possible since I have not yet finalized the overall look of the new site in favor of working on the details of how it will work instead.