Recent rating system abuse...

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:49 am

th34nt0ni0 wrote:dbv is a fan of boo rating me. for everything.

maybe he just has something against persians. idk.
i've boo rated you like
four times lmfao

compared to other people on this board, you're nowhere near as deserving of them lmao

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:

i've boo rated you like
four times lmfao

compared to other people on this board, you're nowhere near as deserving of them lmao
IS HE TALKING ABOUT ME LOLOLOLOLOL

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:49 pm

mexican ninja wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:

i've boo rated you like
four times lmfao

IS HE TALKING ABOUT ME LOLOLOLOLOL
no wtf, not you either

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:13 pm

QFT.

I'd really be for the resetting of posts. I know I just got to Heavy a month or so ago (as did Potter on his epic quest), but it can show who's a current member. Some Heavy members don't even post here anymore.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:24 pm

If I have not made this clear in the past, let me state it quite plainly now...

Rating posts solely for the purpose of trying to sway another user's rank will not be tolerated. I will remove your privileges at my discretion if you are found to be doing this.

You should already know that I try to keep a hands-off approach to moderating this forum, but some of you insist on abusing this freedom. I do watch. I do care. I will take actions when I feel it is necessary.

People complain that the rating system is broken while simultaneously trying whatever they can to break it. Thank you for demonstrating the value you place on our efforts to provide uniqueness to this community.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:38 pm

God Of Rock wrote:...how can you claim to be unbias when you brought it up in the first place?

Joe logic is funny lolololololwtfcake.
I didn't even bring up names, how is that not unbias? Just wondering :roll:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:41 pm

sorry :(
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:59 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:
I didn't even bring up names, how is that not unbias? Just wondering :roll:[/quote]

Because you made the fucking thread in the first place? :roll:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Why is everyone so up in arms when they will probably always be Heavy no matter what ratings they get? I haven't seen any abuse, but then again I haven't noticed.... which is the point. I haven't noticed anybody drop from their rank or suddenly just get boosted from beginner to heavy.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Ho wrote:If I have not made this clear in the past, let me state it quite plainly now...

Rating posts solely for the purpose of trying to sway another user's rank will not be tolerated. I will remove your privileges at my discretion if you are found to be doing this.

You should already know that I try to keep a hands-off approach to moderating this forum, but some of you insist on abusing this freedom. I do watch. I do care. I will take actions when I feel it is necessary.

People complain that the rating system is broken while simultaneously trying whatever they can to break it. Thank you for demonstrating the value you place on our efforts to provide uniqueness to this community.
Ho, I would just like to say that the only reason I rated Austin McCree's posts up was because of the fact that I had faith in the fact that a user that was so clearly abusing the privilege of posting would be promptly banned/somehow taken care of. I didn't think it would affect him positively in any way or "contribute to drama," and I don't see how it has. My (and Merk's) ratings were harmless actions. Also, many people rate posts the opposite of everybody else just for kicks and giggles, and I don't see them being put on Admin. Warning.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:22 pm

you forgot the romanian rule
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:38 pm

The rating system is run by a machine. A computer. It doesn't know when you're joking around and when you're serious. If posts are rated the opposite of what they should, rankings will be affected in a manner opposite what they should.

The whole point of the system was to allow the userbase to voice their opinion on users in a manner in which there could be some effect rather than moderators having to take action every time. Witness what happens when a new user immediately insults the entire userbase. The system also provides rewards, which are difficult to provide by a standard moderator system. The system works well if you don't intentionally try to break it. Existing protections prevent scattered abuse, but no automated means can be effective when a significant portion of users are intentionally misusing the system or rating the opposite of their intentions.

Serious rating system...is serious. Remember that rating actions have real consequences for the user you are rating. It's only fair that misusing it have consequences for the person doing the rating as well.
Last edited by MonMotha on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 pm

God Of Rock wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:I didn't even bring up names, how is that not unbias? Just wondering :roll:
Because you made the fucking thread in the first place? :roll:
I'm not trying to cause drama here, but do even know why I made the thread in the first place? The only people I talk to or hang out with from here on a regular/daily basis are Ho, potter, and hascoolnickname; and occasionally danc, mexy, and shannon, so if I were to have a bias* it would be toward one of them. This thread had nothing to do with any of them, at all.

*bi·as [bahy-uhs] Pronunciation Key -
2. a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
9. to cause partiality or favoritism in (a person); influence, esp. unfairly: a tearful plea designed to bias the jury.