phpBB MODs

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

phpBB MODs

Post by ThatGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:41 am

I know work is still underway, and you've done some very interesting mods already.

I have a few suggestions on some other mods that I really think enhance forum usability (if you'll excuse the corpspeak).
  • email links directly to new pms - the email for a PM contains a link that now takes you directly into reading the new PM.
    Extended_PM_Notification - the email for a PM contains the sender, subject, and content of the PM.
    Last Post Topic on Index - on your index, shows the name of the last topic posted in that section.
    Show Category Name in View Forum and View Topic - the breadcrumbs now add the category between the index and the board.
    View new topics since last visit - same as view posts since last visit, but for topics.
    View_posts_since_last_visit_Number_1_1_1 - gives you the number of new posts since last vist in the link.
    welcome_and_avatar_on_index - welcomes you the the board and shows your avatar, instead of the generic who's online graphic.
    Quick Reply/Quick Post/or Super Quick Reply - when reading a topic, allows you to reply from that page instead of having to hit reply and go to another page.
Most of these are pretty qiuck and easy to do, and make it a bit easier to get some things done.

edit Added brief descriptions of each mod
Last edited by ThatGuy on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:52 am

Can you send me some links to the aforementioned mods so that I can examine them in more detail? Based on the names of some of them, I'm interested. I just have to see what exactly they're doing and how they fit with everything else we're doing.

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:57 am

Ho wrote:Can you send me some links to the aforementioned mods so that I can examine them in more detail? Based on the names of some of them, I'm interested. I just have to see what exactly they're doing and how they fit with everything else we're doing.
Well, I found them all on http://www.phpbb.com or http://www.phpbbhacks.com I think. They're already downloaded, so I no longer have the links. However, a quick search for the name of the mod should turn them up. If you get stuck, I can always send them to you.

And I have already installed all of these on either/both of http://www.ddrkc.com and http://www.widdr.com so they do work just fine.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:47 pm

You can turn on some of those features in the phpbb admin control panel I believe.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:11 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:You can turn on some of those features in the phpbb admin control panel I believe.
Those aren't standard features of a phpBB installation. Chances are the controls are in the ACP...but only after you install those mods. If you've seen them in the ACP of another phpBB system, perhaps they had already been installed.

I will be evaluating these soon. The big thing I have to check is to make sure that they will not clash with any of the custom code/mods we already have in place. They probably won't, but it's good to check before I go off and start breaking stuff.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:56 pm

Ho wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:You can turn on some of those features in the phpbb admin control panel I believe.
Those aren't standard features of a phpBB installation. Chances are the controls are in the ACP...but only after you install those mods. If you've seen them in the ACP of another phpBB system, perhaps they had already been installed.

I will be evaluating these soon. The big thing I have to check is to make sure that they will not clash with any of the custom code/mods we already have in place. They probably won't, but it's good to check before I go off and start breaking stuff.
I thought for sure that quick reply and email upon PM were part of the standard installation.

edit: read the pm mod details in the first post wrong. nevermind about that.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB MODs

Post by Ho » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:46 am

ThatGuy wrote:
  • email links directly to new pms - the email for a PM contains a link that now takes you directly into reading the new PM.
    Extended_PM_Notification - the email for a PM contains the sender, subject, and content of the PM.
These two have been added.

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Re: phpBB MODs

Post by ThatGuy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:25 pm

Ho wrote: These two have been added.
horray for progress