Photo Albums

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Photo Albums

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:27 am

Do you plan on putting up the old photo albums? or are you just gunna start over entirely?.... every once in a while i would look through the old pics... and i always watched the mini movies on those albums.... just wondering if you were planning on putting it back up

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:13 am

Absolutely! The former photo albums will be restored. They represent our history...much of which I am quite fond of. Plus, those old-timers here may remember that IndyDDR started as the photo album. I started taking pictures of the group meetings back in 2001 and many people wanted me to share them. So I put them online in a space on my personal (now defunct) website. I wanted a clever name for the folder and came up with IndyDDR. Thus, IndyDDR was "born."

Around that same time, Polly had created a Yahoo! Club (now Yahoo! Groups) for us to stay in touch with one another. That club started to grow. My photo album also started to grow. I eventually started adding some site design and some other little features to give it some personality and create something of an "IndyDDR brand."

Eventually the two entities merged and became what you know of as IndyDDR today (well...what you knew it as before Thanksgiving last year and what it will hopefully return to--even better--over the coming weeks and months).

But I digress... (history lesson over)

I'm currently working on designing a new system to make browsing them easier. I also want to include some interactive features...yes, that's right--interactive! I don't want to reveal too much yet, but I'm talking about things like being able to submit your own captions for the pictures.

I also want to make the system easier for me to manage. I've done that a couple times over its history. The easier it is for me to post them, the quicker I can get them online for everyone to enjoy! Thinking back to the horrible manual way I did them when I first started makes me want to cry. Hooray for scripting!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:24 am

awesome! i had most the vids from the many tourneys on my computer... but i had to restart my computer so i lost em all... and i was worried they were gone forever...

and then when i posted this thread i thought... "maybe he didnt want them up because of the whole 'newness' of the site and putting up old material would make it seem... not so new"

either way im excited to see what will happen! :D

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:38 am

I'd be scared if I lost all of my data every time I restarted my computer. This computer would never reboot again...

Back in the summer of 2003 I burnt all of the current IndyDDR videos up to that time to disc, which I still have.

What I mean is that in the rare off-chance that Ho somehow lost all of the media that there's probably enough backups of it in various people's possession to be able to relinquish most of it.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:35 pm

Pirates!

Nah...just kidding.

Yeah, I've definitely still got all that stuff stored. In fact, what appears on the site is usually scaled down for bandwidth reasons, so I have all the original, higher-quality too.

I actually have some stuff that no one's seen yet. Some of it even I haven't seen. I'm going to be working hard to come up with some new and creative uses for all the material I've got. I'm glad everyone seems to like the forums, but I want to make the rest of the site exciting and interesting for people as well!

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:02 pm

I wonder what ever happened to Polly? I also wonder what happened to Brian (I think that was his name, the big bald guy). He was hilarious, hung out with him alot at the big GW tournament and then haven't seen him sense.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:25 pm

I still see Polly socially from time-to-time, but I don't think she's much into DDR anymore. She's also been quite busy with school and now starting a business. I know she'd make an occasional rare appearance here in the time since the old Yahoo! Group and I suppose that's still possible, but for the most part I don't think she has the time.

As for Brian, I believe you're referring to Brian Sanders. He moved to Florida. I was in contact with him some shortly afterward, but I haven't had any contact with him in 1-2 years now either.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:43 am

Ho wrote:As for Brian, I believe you're referring to Brian Sanders. He moved to Florida. I was in contact with him some shortly afterward, but I haven't had any contact with him in 1-2 years now either.
Brian S. moved to Florida?! That bastard. He was cool. Not to mention his wife Mindy (or was it Mandy?), she was pretty cool as well. Oh well, I hope they're doin' good.
Signatures sure are awesome.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:04 pm

No, you're thinking of Brian Jared. He has a wife named Mandy. I've actually talked to him more recently...in the past six months or so. He's still around here in the Indianapolis area.

Brian Sanders

Brian Jared and Mandy

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Dang it, I'm horrible with names. Too many Brians running around!
Signatures sure are awesome.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:31 pm

letshavetea wrote:awesome! i had most the vids from the many tourneys on my computer... but i had to restart my computer so i lost em all... and i was worried they were gone forever...

and then when i posted this thread i thought... "maybe he didnt want them up because of the whole 'newness' of the site and putting up old material would make it seem... not so new"

either way im excited to see what will happen! :D
hehehe i remembered i gave a disk to my friend who likes DDR and i had all the movies on it.... he found it and gave it back :D

watching those vids again makes me remember what DDR is all about... FUN... like "Mosh Mosh Revolution" where you had 8 players play doubles mode on one machine.... DDR is about having fun with your friends and i think that is something that we sometimes forget...

"Play the didder, have the funs.";)

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:23 am

I must say, it'll be interesting to go back and look at all the old picture from before. It has been so long for me since I have seen any of them. I, not too long ago, lost all of my pictures on my HD(about a thousand), including the WS Fun Park days. I was very upset about it, but it will be very nice to see the pictures again. I am glad you will be bringing them back :D