Integration?

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Integration?

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:24 pm

Ok, so the DDR board isn't too active anymore. Anything about ITG must be put in the "ITG thread", same for PIU (unless it's brags). Most of the people that still play DDR are newbs so when they post threads about "n00b" stuff, usually only other newbs reply making short 3 post threads on things actually involving game play. The only threads any other players reply to are "favorite song" and other miscellaneous non-gameplay threads. Maybe it's time we mix old with the new.. Instead of the "general DDR board", it should be the general Dancing Game board.. Just my opinion.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:17 pm

I'd sign that petition.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:56 pm

Well, the focus of this site is still DDR. However, I see your point. Even I am more interested in PIU now than DDR, so it could be beneficial to reorganize a bit to expand upon our direct coverage of related games.

By the current setup, technically PIU and ITG would both fall into the Other Bemani and Music/Rhythm Games forum. Rather than expanding the General DDR Discussion forum to include these games, I might would propose new targeted forums for the most popular of the "other" games.

I guess those would be:

Pump It Up
In the Groove

and maybe

beatmaniaIIDX
pop'n music

I can definitely make a case for the first two. The second two are pretty popular, but I think still a rather small niche within the general IndyDDR population due the the relative rarity of games and equipment vs. the public nature of PIU and ITG in arcades (like DDR).

Any thoughts?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:17 pm

I vote for making the General DDR board a general dancing game board, though with a better name than "General Dancing Game Discussion".

Keep the Other Bemani and Music/Rhythm Games the way it is minus the non-DDR dancing games.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:40 pm

Indyddr :arrow: BemanIndy?
oooooooooooooh
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 am

Either way, they need to be seperated from other Bemani. Being limited to everything in one topic about that game really limits the discussion that can be had due to all the subjects in one topic. It's not just Bemani in town anymore and people notice. :twisted:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:26 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:I vote for making the General DDR board a general dancing game board, though with a better name than "General Dancing Game Discussion".

Keep the Other Bemani and Music/Rhythm Games the way it is minus the non-DDR dancing games.
The problem with that is that General DDR Discussion is under the Dance Dance Revolution category of forums. If it was going to cover more than just DDR it would need to be recategorized or we'd need to restructure the categories in general.
BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:Either way, they need to be seperated from other Bemani. Being limited to everything in one topic about that game really limits the discussion that can be had due to all the subjects in one topic. It's not just Bemani in town anymore and people notice. :twisted:
For the moment, there's no reason you can't have multiple topics about the same game in Other Bemani/Rhythm. I just wouldn't want multiple general purpose topics for the same game. But if you want to discuss a particular aspect of the game (i.e. "How do I play Raw in PIU Exceed 2"), then it would be perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) that you create a new topic about it. I just don't want six topics about a game that are all titled with just the name of the game and have no particular focus or direction.
hascoolnickname wrote:Indyddr :arrow: BemanIndy?
oooooooooooooh
I definitely think we could all benefit from expanded in-depth coverage of related games here, but ironically neither of the two leading games spurring this expansion are in the Bemani series.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:25 pm

Well, we could call it IndyDG (Indy Dance Games) or IndyMG... lol.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:18 pm

Ho wrote:
LikeableRodent wrote:I vote for making the General DDR board a general dancing game board, though with a better name than "General Dancing Game Discussion".

The problem with that is that General DDR Discussion is under the Dance Dance Revolution category of forums. If it was going to cover more than just DDR it would need to be recategorized or we'd need to restructure the categories in general.
In that case I'd say the categories in general need to be restructured.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:20 am

LikeableRodent wrote:In that case I'd say the categories in general need to be restructured.
Yes...pretty much my point exactly.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:12 pm

I completely agree with the sentiments here, although I can't really imagine IndyDDR with a different name. Personally i'm more into Pump than DDR, and more into Pop'n and IIDX than DDR still. But I'm lazy, so i'm just aiming at buying Pop'n stuff by like August/September, after I move into the new house so i'm not screwing around with moving it all..heh...

But yeah, personally I just think you should make two new discussions, one for PIU and one for ITG, so there won't be a lot of cross contamination, seeing as people wanting to read about DDR would just skip over the ITG and PIU threads anyways, but it would be a huge hassle to find out what threads were about what if they weren't specific...iuno, just my opinion.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 pm

I really don't have any intention of changing the name of IndyDDR, only expanding the coverage of the site. Even DDR Freak has dedicated ITG coverage at this point, so it's hardly a unique situation. IndyDDR has always supported the related interests of the community it serves.

The only difference now is that there is a significantly large amount of information and discussion about a few particular related interests that they merit their own separate forums--if for no other reason than to help keep things more organized and useful.

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:24 pm

Ho wrote:I really don't have any intention of changing the name of IndyDDR, only expanding the coverage of the site.
You could always take the easy route.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:33 pm

I'm not sure how starting a whole new site is "easy."

I have considered making IndyDDR part of a "network" of related game sites, but I simply don't enough time, motivation, or interest in actually following through with such an endeavour.

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:44 pm

Ho wrote:I'm not sure how starting a whole new site is "easy."

I have considered making IndyDDR part of a "network" of related game sites, but I simply don't enough time, motivation, or interest in actually following through with such an endeavour.
It isn't a new site, that's the point. The point is that I set up the other domain to point to the one I already had. Hence, easy. All you have to do is register theother domain and point it to this one.

I've considered doing some sort of check to see which address is being used, and then changing text/graphics accordingly.

Same here, I acually went and grabbed a number of domains that have been sitting idle ever since. I'm slowly working on getting all the redirects figured out and some small bit of intro content going.