Merk vs. IndyDDR: Waiting for a Merk-acle

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merk vs. IndyDDR vs. XTC vs. Adam Ant vs. RevenG vs. De-sire

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:11 pm

It's quite simple, really. If I don't enjoy them as people, I'm not going to enjoy their antics on a television show. I wouldn't find them funny in real life, and I didn't find them funny on the show. And if I don't find Seinfeld funny, there's not much else about the show to enjoy.

For the record, I don't think Seinfeld's stand-up is funny either.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Ho wrote:It's quite simple, really. If I don't enjoy them as people, I'm not going to enjoy their antics on a television show. I wouldn't find them funny in real life, and I didn't find them funny on the show. And if I don't find Seinfeld funny, there's not much else about the show to enjoy.

For the record, I don't think Seinfeld's stand-up is funny either.
I agree, I don't think Seinfeld himself is very funny, and I honestly don't find what Jerry says on the show that funny either... I guess it's mainly just the situations and their reactions.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 am

Hey did anyone play DDR yesterday?

I didn't, but I plan on playing sometime on Thursday!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:46 am

Riot wrote: I don't really understand the mindset that you have to want to like the characters as friends to like the overall show.
The people on Always Sunny are some of the worst on the planet, but I still like the show. I really dislike 'reality' (they're all staged anyway) shows in general, but even more so when someone is a jerk. Take, for example, the cheeky title "The Biggest Loser." Might as well call it "We'll help you lose weight you fat fucking waste of life."

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 am

I think he was talking to Brian.

We coo dawg, we coo.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 am

Merk wrote:I think he was talking to Brian.

We coo dawg, we coo.
Doi.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I want to join in.

Are we still on week 13? When does week 13 end? How many tries do you get at a song? I dont have the oni/nonstop courses for Supernova so I guess I will only be doing the song. Are we supposed to take photographic evidence of our scores and what not. Someone fill me in ^_^

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adrian is too lazy to read

Post by Ho » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

I think pretty much all of those questions are answered in the first post or on the first page. And this week we're only doing Ecstasy (Midnight Blue Mix) the song, not the course that contains it. In fact, we haven't done a course in this little activity yet.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 am

From what I can gather and I've really only read the first page you can play the song as many times as you want. Would you guys count stepmania? I'd rather not unwire my machine and I've set it up now for arcade timing or perhaps slightly tighter than.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 pm

We will count Stepmania until you start getting AAAs and SDGs and beating everyone. Right now everything is on the honor system but if you AAA something and you get called out on it then we will want a picture.

I played a little bit today and got 13 on the song of the week! 13 is the number to beat mofos.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 am

I don't mind taking pictures. If I have a hardware that I can easily switch to that has the song of the week I may switch to it however the only instance I have SuperNOVA or SuperNOVA 2 on is Stepmania.

I might not be able to get this weeks in as I was holding off an attempt for an answer.

I'm not AAA level however I can SDG some of the easier Heavy songs.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

46 for me. I only played it a few times in a row without warmup and my first couple times had combo breakers. That's me for the week!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:41 am

Brandon helped me put my SN2 kit back together again (it's like m'er f'in Humpty Dumpty). So, I am once again able to play SN songs. Perhaps I'll make up Jerk It Out that I never did back in July.

@Adrian - We've mostly been playing the Extreme songs in SuperNOVA since I've been limited to Extreme for most of this event due to a combination of the janktasticness of my kit wiring and my general lack of desire to deal with aforementioned janktasticness. Also, Merk hates SuperNOVA with a passion I reserve for Seinfeld.

Anyway, Brandon helped me tame most of the parts that made hooking that kit up such a pain in the ass, so I'm more inclined to switch between it and the 573. So our song options should be somewhat expanded--at least the options that will result in Merk complaining about terrible, desynched songs. ;)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 am

I mean, yeah the syncing is bad and more prevalent than it was in Extreme but really the stepcharts are what kills it for me. I played that 9-footer GF/DM crossover, Konomo Wa Wazakirashi Kimono or whatever the fuck it's called, and chart is literally (no hyperbole at all here) all purple notes in the second half. Go see for yourself, it's like they didn't even try to sync things to a 4/4 time signature.

Anyway, I gots that 13 greats and it looks like this week has come to a close! What song do you want to play this week, fwend?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:52 am

I guess I should have said "terrible and/or desynched."

Let me noodle on a song for us to play. Or maybe Adrian has a suggestion...