HOLIDAY WORLD! (8/11 & 8/12)

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:is this the park that gives out free unlimited soft drinks?
what a bad idea
Good lord...how many kids have peed in the wave pool because they were loaded with Mountain Dew?

I'm not going.
LMAO!
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:27 am

Please reply to this if you can make it on Sunday the 12th. If enough people can make it, then we will change the date.

I talked to Ho yesterday, who said he would more than likely be able to attend if the date was moved over one day.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 pm

Are you still thinking about an overnight stay, or would you just leave on Sunday morning?

Also, here's some things from the Holiday World website:
"If you have flexibility in your travel plans, please try to avoid visiting on the following dates: July 21 and 28, plus August 4 and 11, 2007. We expect those days to be exceptionally busy. And remember, we're on Central Daylight Time!"
During July and August, we have smaller crowds and shorter waiting times on Sundays and weekdays than on Saturdays.
It sounds like a move from Aug. 11 to Aug. 12 might be a smart move regardless of the availability of more people.

Also, if they're on CDT, that puts them an hour behind Indianapolis. So, for instance, if you left at 8am for the 3-hour drive, you'd still arrive at their opening time of 10am CDT. Basically, you wouldn't have to leave quite so early to make it there by open.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:25 pm

Good research, Ho! I think switching the day is a good idea...

I think we still might stay overnight, because I have a feeling that we will be there for a while, and I remember that my last trip, we woke up early to go, and we were tired really early on in the day. Not everyone has to stay overnight, but I would just personally prefer to stay overnight. Plus, when Cbav, Jeff, Mike and I stayed overnight in a hotel when we were in Fort Wayne, we played Apples to Apples and Mad Libs, and we had a hella fun time.

Obviously, nothing is set in stone yet...but for the people that are carpooling with us, do you mind staying overnight in a hotel?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:11 am

A list of who will and might be coming on the 12th:
Me
Mike (BigBadOrc)
Jeff Jeff
CBav
Ho (might be)
lgolem and girlfriend (might be)

If anyone else is interested, or can go now that the date has changed...let me know and I will add your name to the list. It will be so cool if we have a huge turnout!

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:05 am

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:is this the park that gives out free unlimited soft drinks?
what a bad idea
Good lord...how many kids have peed in the wave pool because they were loaded with Mountain Dew?

I'm so excited I'm gonna be like cbav and drink a Monster!!!
Fixed.

Yes they give free drinks. And I might bring my own food because orcs don't eat goblin burgers >_<
groovestats
<3 blackcat

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:14 am

SOOOO, the Holiday World trip is THIS SUNDAY!!! WOOOO!! I'm just wondering who is still planning on going. Jeff told me that he could make it, I haven't talked to CBav in a while, but I'm pretty sure he is still going...

Ho and his wife are coming...

Anyone else up for Holiday World?!

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:25 am

blackcat wrote:Jeff told me that he could make it
That is true; I'm just going to have the most packed weekend ever.

As I said, I have the all-day Newspaper meeting that ends at 5 pm Saturday, but once that ends, I can meet up with you guys at 6 pm and go stay at a hotel all night and Holiday World the next day.

By the way, where ARE we meeting up at?!? :? I thought you said we were carpooling in Cbav's van?

Remember this...94 degrees plus 6+ people and no A/C in Cbav's van equals a very interesting trip.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:58 am

I don't know if I'll be able to go. I'm getting the new work schedule later today

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Cbav wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to go. I'm getting the new work schedule later today
You can always ask off though, yah? The trip wouldn't be as cool without you!!!

Also, we are still working out details about the night before...but the people that are riding with us, we might drive to Evansville on Saturday so we would have a free place to stay and free breakfast at Mike's parent's house. This hasn't really been confirmed yet though, but Evansville is only like 45 minutes away from Holiday World, it's not a bad drive at all the next day.
Last edited by blackcat on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 pm

blackcat wrote:
Cbav wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to go. I'm getting the new work schedule later today
You can always ask off though, yah? The trip wouldn't be as cool without you!!!
Who else is going to harass McDonalds' with me at 2 am?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Yeah, for real, CBav!

(read my latest edit to my last post)

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:26 pm

i would go but i am having a modeling shoot that day....

....and i'm in california. :(

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:19 pm

blackcat wrote:Also, we are still working out details about the night before...but the people that are riding with us, we might drive to Evansville on Saturday so we would have a free place to stay and free breakfast at Mike's parent's house. This hasn't really been confirmed yet though, but Evansville is only like 45 minutes away from Holiday World, it's not a bad drive at all the next day.
I've told you before. I'd be willing to sleep in a chair, the car, the hotel closet, under a bed, in a tent, in a hammock, or anything. Mike's parents seem like very nice people, and my eyes are closed when I sleep, so it doesn't matter where I am.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:56 pm

I checked the schedule and I'm working on Monday, Wednesday, FRIDAY, and SUNDAY. This meaning I can't make it to IndyGroove and Holiday World. BUT. I think I got someone to switch hours with for Friday IndyGroove night. But it's impossible to get my Sunday hours taken because practically everyone works on Weekends, and theres no one to take my hours.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to Holiday World. ...I could use the extra cash anyway.. :(