Bloomington's getting together thread.

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:35 pm

It is (from what I gather) an ITG2 dedicab. There are USB slots protruding from the left side of the screen mount, and all of the stickers / lettering are Roxxor's. As I said though, Extreme is definitely running, and the marquee is for 3rd mix. There was a white distribution sticker on the front below the buttons that said (I think) "Token Amusements" or something to that effect.

Some additional notes : the machine has potential but is clearly never played. The music is literally barely audible at best, the right pad has a perma-stuck right arrow, and there are no scores or unlocks available yet. The left side functions.. if you don't mind basically sight reading. A little TLC and it could become a prime spot on campus.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Huh, that is pretty random. It's good that IU got a machine in the dorms, I would've loved to have one in Read my freshman year, too bad it's in what sounds like terrible condition.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:59 pm

ShammerS wrote:There are USB slots protruding from the left side of the screen mount
This pretty well means it's a DDR cabinet that was at one point converted to ITG, then was converted back to DDR. ITG dedicated cabinets have their USB slots in the middle of the front underneath the monitor, between the start/select buttons. ITG dedicated cabinets are also styled like Pump GX cabinets, not DDR cabinets.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:21 pm

Yeehaw McKickass is visiting from Chicago this weekend. We're talking about taking a trip down to GXS tomorrow (Saturday) night. Would anyone be around to meet us there? If not, we'll probably stay closer to Indy.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 am

I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:05 pm

So B-towners, I finally got rockband....Want to play it together some night?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:58 pm

lgolem wrote:So B-towners, I finally got rockband....Want to play it together some night?
*raises hand*

ME ME ME

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm down!

Soma
Standard
Standard

Post by Soma » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:08 am

totally in
The same blue sky in a strange new world...

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:14 am

malictus wrote:*raises hand*

ME ME ME
:roll: I figured you would be the first to respond.

when is good for you guys? I am normally open for any day or night.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:15 pm

ShammerS wrote:It is (from what I gather) an ITG2 dedicab. There are USB slots protruding from the left side of the screen mount, and all of the stickers / lettering are Roxxor's. As I said though, Extreme is definitely running, and the marquee is for 3rd mix. There was a white distribution sticker on the front below the buttons that said (I think) "Token Amusements" or something to that effect.

Some additional notes : the machine has potential but is clearly never played. The music is literally barely audible at best, the right pad has a perma-stuck right arrow, and there are no scores or unlocks available yet. The left side functions.. if you don't mind basically sight reading. A little TLC and it could become a prime spot on campus.
I played it last night before work, it is a bit janky still. The worst part is the room creates a huge glare so I couldn't even see the screen =( You have to buy tokens with a campus access card you can't just use quarters or put in a dollar bill anyways, so you have to load up your card (only in increments of 5, 10, or 20...). Maybe we could buy the machine from them and take it for ourselves lol...

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 am

so, I plan on being at the GXS on (technically today) Monday playing IIDX and NX2 :D

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Same thing today, I am going pass fucking Vanessa this time..... :twisted:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:51 am

Once again, MORE BEATMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today, I will be here all day sadly, but yeah....BEATMANIA!!!!!!!!!!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 am

I will be there at 10am till like closing....playing a SHIT TON of NX2....come out and play yall ^_^