Merk vs. IndyDDR: Waiting for a Merk-acle

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Re: Merk vs. IndyDDR: Harney punce

Post by Reflectivity » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm

@Ho: I'm really bad at doubles, so no. I can barely do single as it is. xD
If I were to jump in, I'm sure you guys would smoke me since the best I can do at the moment is probably A 321STARS. The song would have to be a 7 or easy 8 and on single. If that's too much, I don't mind watching. This thread is amusing. :D

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm

I think this is more of an activity than a contest--at least I think of it that way. I know it was originally between Merk and Fluffy. I just joined in for fun fully expecting to get trounced on a weekly basis. I treat it more as encouragement to play and a place for some friendly banter than a contest to win. It's really only been this year (the last 6 months or so) that I've felt at all competitive. I think I'm actually starting to improve a bit although usually only with a lot of repetition.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that if you wanted to play the song of the week and post a score, I would absolutely encourage you to do so and wouldn't worry about it at all if your scores aren't as good. I only mentioned the doubles aspect because we did singles for a long time and then switched over to doubles to change it up when Merk had access to a machine that made it more economically possible for him to play doubles more regularly. I know that can be a barrier if you're paying to play on a public machine.

I'm not sure I want to go back to singles, but I would love to have another person join the fray just because the social aspect is what has always attracted me to DDR in the first place. I'm sure we can find a way to work you in if you'd like to be included.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Is there anywhere that isn't Tilt where I could play. Really want to join in, but kinda hard to play DDR or Pump lately as nobody has much of anything lately.
IIRC, the Incredible Pizza in Greenwood has a DDR Extreme. That's probably nowhere near you, though. Sadly, that's the only one I can think of.

DnB still has PIU Pro 2, AFAIK. Last I heard, though it was a while ago, Greatimes still had PIU NX on their janky SD.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:05 am

uhhhhHHhhhHHhhhhhhhhhh how about Centerfold?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:33 am

I'm in. It will be like going to GXS.

Merk

Re: Merk vs. IndyDDR: Captain Jack memorial thread

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Updated OP, I am not doing a Google image search for "Centerfold" at work so enjoy the generic Captain Jack image in the OP!

Let's post our favorite Captain Jack memories! I genuinely enjoyed Drill Instructor and I always wondered who this little guy was:

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:58 pm

No no no I meant the human being in the photo not the 1960s little star looking thing.

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:15 pm

As much as I'd love to join, my mom's workplace downsized and she got cut loose (she's the only one willing to drive me to the theatre.) Looking into buses to get there but I can't say I'll be in anytime soon. :(

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 am

I've been slacking on my Dids, I've been spending a lot of my free time studying for the CCNA Routing & Switching exam because I'd like to get it before footie season starts so that has taken up a lot of my free time.

I'll make a concentrated effort in getting caught up!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 am

I played on Thursday and didn't post again. So it seems things are continuing as per usual on both of our ends.

I got a 7 on Centerfold -- would fold again!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I got 4 greats and 1 miss on Centerfold.

I am not sure which score is better! I found some random tournament ruleset (http://stormunity.com/ddrstormrules/) that says a miss is worth "(-2)" which I guess means effectively got 6 greats...? Real ass DDR Extreme dance points however as a miss as -6 which means that I got 10 greats.

Hmmmmmm....

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am

We've just been keeping track of greats and non-combos up to this point. I think I was just following your lead on that.

I suppose we could go to a dance score if you wanted. My recollection was that most tournaments I went to used the oni scoring system for that. I thought that was only -2 for a miss, but that was a long time ago and I don't really remember.

For this one, it sounds like we both just need to play it again: you to get the FC and me to get better than 7 (or hopefully better than 4). I suppose either one of these occurrences would resolve this. :)

In the meantime, I guess it's my week to pick. How about Da Capo? Why? Because it was the next song after Centerfold on the list I just looked at. :P

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 am

I guess Da Capo is some pedo anime because that is all I am getting from a Google image search! Whoops hope work doesn't keep track of my image searches. I suppose the best way to score it, if we're both playing on Supernova, is to use money score since that only counts Perfects/Greats, all non-combos are treated the same, and the local high score is tracked by money score anyway. Supernova 2 and above uses Marvelous but I *think* the money score difference between the two is extremely small.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merk vs. IndyDDR: Crime boss

Post by Ho » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 am

HOLY SHIT! You're suggesting using money score? Who are you and what have you done with Merk?!