Dave / Busters AGAIN Tomorrow (Wednesday 10/10)

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Re: Dave / Busters AGAIN Tomorrow (Wednesday 10/10)

Post by WyomingMyst » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 pm

I forgot who the person was last night at D&B asking me about parts for a Taiko No Tatsujin drum machine from my company's outside customer repair service, S.O.S. Repair Service, but I got an answer from our tech team. They said they might be able to, however repair parts shipped from NAMCO Limited for a Japanese exclusive game could cost at least a thousand due to oversees shipping, and the various issues in communicating to which parts we would need. I suggest finding parts directly from Japanese distributors (assuming you can communicate in Japanese). Again this would be a lot easier if the game had at least one american version but this one never did.

I am always open to checking out parts to the drum game first hand and I can give a diagnosis to if S.O.S. repair service or myself can repair it or not. (If I can do it myself, I will do it for free (assuming no uncommon tools or parts are needed)).

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm

WyomingMyst wrote:I forgot who the person was last night at D&B asking me about parts for a Taiko No Tatsujin drum machine from my company's outside customer repair service, S.O.S. Repair Service, but I got an answer from our tech team. They said they might be able to, however repair parts shipped from NAMCO Limited for a Japanese exclusive game could cost at least a thousand due to oversees shipping, and the various issues in communicating to which parts we would need. I suggest finding parts directly from Japanese distributors (assuming you can communicate in Japanese). Again this would be a lot easier if the game had at least one american version but this one never did.

I am always open to checking out parts to the drum game first hand and I can give a diagnosis to if S.O.S. repair service or myself can repair it or not. (If I can do it myself, I will do it for free (assuming no uncommon tools or parts are needed)).
That's cool. I was mostly just curious. Thanks for checking.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

also down for every other week
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Holy balls! Do we have a community again?

*beams*

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Ho wrote:Holy balls! Do we have a community again?

*beams*
Between this and Technika I think we may have the start of a rebirth.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Ho wrote:Holy balls! Do we have a community again?

*beams*
ysssssssssssssss

i take 20% credit for this revival
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 am

Do we want to switch it up or should this just be a "Dave 'n' Busters" thing?

Because I'm sure Chad wouldn't mind having people over. Are there any arcades around town that aren't Tilt that have a DDR machine?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 am

Everyone lives north. I doubt anyone would want to come over on a weekday except TaQa and fooboo. The only other place, besides Tilt, that has anything worthwhile would be LazerFlash with ITG2. Their USB reader is broken though, so why bother? ITG songs are crap.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Everyone lives north. I doubt anyone would want to come over on a weekday except TaQa and fooboo. The only other place, besides Tilt, that has anything worthwhile would be LazerFlash with ITG2. Their USB reader is broken though, so why bother? ITG songs are crap.
I would not go to LazerFlash. That's the worst place to go for ITG, not to mention they don't really have any eats. Not only do locations like Pinheads and Stardust have a bar / food, but the games are hacked R21 or above with playable pads and better environment.

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Post by WyomingMyst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I would call this a functional community... at least no one here is calling each other inappropriate names and so far do not appear to be complete elitists unlike my previous community.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

WyomingMyst wrote:I would call this a functional community... at least no one here is calling each other inappropriate names and so far do not appear to be complete elitists unlike my previous community.
That's because pretty much everyone here is old and casual now and most of the people that really played competitively for scores are gone. Most of us (if we even play regularly at all) just play for exercise and fun. Speaking of, I need to lose some blubber and stomp some arrows.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Riot wrote:
WyomingMyst wrote:I would call this a functional community... at least no one here is calling each other inappropriate names and so far do not appear to be complete elitists unlike my previous community.
That's because pretty much everyone here is old and casual now and most of the people that really played competitively for scores are gone. Most of us (if we even play regularly at all) just play for exercise and fun. Speaking of, I need to lose some blubber and stomp some arrows.
Comer visit Merk and I.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

The only competition in the community lately has been Merk's battle with manorexia as both me and Pokebis saw at Gencon. ;)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!