Purdue Memorial Union

Arrange a real world get together by letting people know when and where you'll be.

Moderator: Moderators

Elly
Beginner
Beginner

Purdue Memorial Union

Post by Elly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I guess this is sort of a long shot since this is an Indy community, but I'm wondering if anyone in the Lafayette/WL area plays on the SuperNOVA in the Union club at Purdue. Grasping for my fleeting twenties now, I've been getting back into the game after about a decade of just being busy with life or whatever. But the scene seems all but dead these days, and I feel like kind of a tool playing some dead old dancing game by myself---and being too aerobically out of shape to play as hard as I want to, at that, despite all the exercise I get from cycling. Anyway, it would be cool if I ran into some other players. Anyone know if there's any semblance of a scene left here? What's a good time to play? I was down there early this afternoon (Sunday) but maybe that's a bad time? I'm not a student so I don't really hang out on campus much, unless I have a specific reason to be hanging out there, i.e. to play DDR, or to meet with friends or whatever Purdue-centric groups I happen to be involved with.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Purdue Memorial Union

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 am

I don't know if there is a Purdue scene at all, but you shouldn't feel like a tool. Keep on smashin'.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 am

If this had been seven years ago I would have been down there in the Union smashing arrows with you, but as of now I have no clue. I do believe the good ol' days are gone.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am

Adam, we all miss you here in Indiana!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 pm

I go to Purdue on a semi-regular basis for my Capstone project and sometimes do get the chance to play. I don't do very well anymore as my work does take up a considerable amount of time so don't expect anything too special.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Merk wrote:Adam, we all miss you here in Indiana!
Well, I plan on visiting Fort Wayne in around seven months, give or take a few months. If you're around then it would be cool to meet up.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:08 pm

PURDUE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 am

LikeableRodent wrote:
Merk wrote:Adam, we all miss you here in Indiana!
Well, I plan on visiting Fort Wayne in around seven months, give or take a few months. If you're around then it would be cool to meet up.
I will make an effort to meet up if you give me an exact date and a reasonable amount of notice! We can re-enact the video of you and Teddy running around Fort Wayne to all the arcades and shit.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:17 am

Haha, yeah. We could try something like that.

I'll try and give you notice once I know myself.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:If this had been seven years ago I would have been down there in the Union smashing arrows with you, but as of now I have no clue. I do believe the good ol' days are gone.
Why does it look like Purdue had more people that enjoy video games there than Digipen does?
Most people 'round here just play LoL and Minecraft...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 am

LikeableRodent wrote:Haha, yeah. We could try something like that.

I'll try and give you notice once I know myself.
Let me know when you're in the area, too! I'd love to get together for shenanigans.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Pokebis wrote:
LikeableRodent wrote:If this had been seven years ago I would have been down there in the Union smashing arrows with you, but as of now I have no clue. I do believe the good ol' days are gone.
Why does it look like Purdue had more people that enjoy video games there than Digipen does?
Most people 'round here just play LoL and Minecraft...
Well that's kinda how most DDR scenes used to look 10-12 years ago when the game was still a bit mysterious and fresh, and there wasn't a machine, you know... in pretty much everyone's house now...

Also, I remember getting in Adam's rape va-...... errr 1337 van one time with two long-haired metalhead guys I didn't know and going to Taco Bell. No clue who they were! I could have been compromised.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Ho wrote:Let me know when you're in the area, too! I'd love to get together for shenanigans.
Sure thing!
Riot wrote:Also, I remember getting in Adam's rape va-...... errr 1337 van one time with two long-haired metalhead guys I didn't know and going to Taco Bell. No clue who they were! I could have been compromised.
No idea who you're talking about, but heck, it was high school. Who knows.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:
Ho wrote:Let me know when you're in the area, too! I'd love to get together for shenanigans.
Sure thing!
Riot wrote:Also, I remember getting in Adam's rape va-...... errr 1337 van one time with two long-haired metalhead guys I didn't know and going to Taco Bell. No clue who they were! I could have been compromised.
No idea who you're talking about, but heck, it was high school. Who knows.
All I knew was they were just some arcade dudes and we were at Putt Putt. They were probably part of the whole fighting game crowd I didn't really know at the time (sadly, since I play fighting games a lot now).