DDR SuperNOVA (new arcade mix)

Moderator: Moderators

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 pm

supernova scoring system = :O<~ insert here please

(personal opinion: I don't like it. I feel Extreme's was better. Or could it be that I'm just "to stuck on Extreme"..... :roll:

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:05 am

Or prolly 'cause none of you can FC a song. :lol: :D J/k.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:43 pm

New official website:

http://www.ddrsupernova.com

I'm happy to see the return of animated characters. I people have varying opinions of them, but I always enjoyed them. This time around they seem to have much more realistic models and motion. No doubt the new hardware has a lot to do with that.

There has also been confirmation on the availability of BOTH new cabinets AND upgrade kits. New cabinets are to feature a larger flat-screen monitor. There is also supposed to be some kind of memory card support that will link to the console versions but no details as to which consoles and what kind of memory cards those will be.

Release date has been set at a somewhat non-specific SPRING 2006.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:21 am

Xepher. No. 13. Fucking yes.

I will be a little disappointed if they don't add a few more beatmania (or other Bemani) crossovers, though. I'll be especially disappointed if they don't put Mei on it. In fact, if they don't put Mei on it, I'll kill every single Konami employee who isn't named dj TAKA or Tatsh.

'Kay I'm done.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:15 pm

It's still not in illinois apparently
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:25 am

hascoolnickname wrote:It's still not in illinois apparently
its apparently going to be at the HIP(Harlem-Irving Plaza) sometime soon.
Team KIMO represent!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 am

Have a peek at the new cabinet design...

http://gametechchris.livejournal.com/179532.html

Also, this is a test location...in Naperville, IL. That's only about 3.5 hours from Indy. The review, however, is not particularly good. I'm not sure if it's worth a road trip just yet. Of course keep in mind that this is still a test machine. Hopefully they'll get the problems fixed.

Personally, the new cabinet design looks pretty flashy. Overall, it's not too different. There's a lot more art on it, making it look a lot more like a PIU cab than the traditionally understated DDR cabs. The art looks nice though, so I'm fine with it. However, I can't say I'm knocked out by the boxyness of the marquee. It makes it look too big for the machine and makes the lighting and speakers look too small and just tacked on.

The original curved design feels much more unique and professional to me. This new one just kinda looks homebuilt--like someone trying to replace one that got broken.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:09 pm

yeah the flat marquee is a bit of a turnoff, and overall I think they could've done alot more.... like using gunmetal for the metal on the pads :twisted:. That would be amazing, especially if they darkened the colors of the arrows to a darker red and dark blue......
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:43 pm

ive just seen stuff online about it, and ive seen a preatty decent song list. Most of them though look like they've been on ps2 before though, bad news for me... XD
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:27 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:Most of them though look like they've been on ps2 before though
Most of it is CS-exclusive songs and songs returning from Extreme AC. Glad about the console songs hitting arcade, hoping they remove many of the Extrem songs and add new ones.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:47 pm

The way Konami of Japan traditionally did their arcade releases was to keep as many songs as they could realistically license from the older versions (hence why Konami Originals and Dancemania songs tended to stick around) and just keep adding stuff, removing as little as possible. In other words, I hope they DON'T remove anything from Extreme and just add a bunch of stuff (and hopefully not just everything that's been on the American and Japanese CS releases...). You're probably just used to console releases which normally have mostly just new stuff on them (and of course, "new" is entirely arbitrary for American releases, the Japanese releases tended to parallel their corresponding arcade releases).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:35 am

MonMotha wrote:The way Konami of Japan traditionally did their arcade releases was to keep as many songs as they could realistically license from the older versions
And then there was DDRMAX...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:43 am

Ho wrote:
MonMotha wrote:The way Konami of Japan traditionally did their arcade releases was to keep as many songs as they could realistically license from the older versions
And then there was DDRMAX...
And then there was DDRMAX2... :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:51 pm

Either you're just following the progression or you missed my point.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:35 pm

Ho wrote:Either you're just following the progression or you missed my point.
I was pointing out that MAX2 brought back a fair number of revival songs that MAX was missing (due to having entirely new songs). Yes, MAX was somewhat of a departure from their normal way of doing AC releases.
A normality test:
+++ATH