DDR UM2

Moderator: Moderators

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

DDR UM2

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:09 pm

Holy crap. UM2=Best DDR in America. Period.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:26 pm

It's true!

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:18 pm

Um, can we get some sort of reference? :)

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:36 pm

Ehh... DDR Ultramix 2 has too many originals, just like Ultramix. It is better than Ultramix though, so if you're getting DDR for Xbox... get Ultramix 2.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:46 pm

people will never like a DDR game for xbox... i agree that both games had too many orriginals... but after a while the orriginals grow on you :P

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Plus all the IIDX songs brought over. Also a pretty hard mix as far as DDR goes.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:47 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:Ehh... DDR Ultramix 2 has too many originals,

It's funny, because I usually hear the other side of this argument being applied to the newest DDR mixes in America.

Pros: DDR Ultramix has lots of new styles that will challenge and entertain everyone. More people can join in the action with new 4 Player mode.
If doubles are just not enough, you should try out the quad mode. It's worth getting the extra two pads! The new songs on Ultramix 2 are not only catchy and fun to listen to, they have great use and understanding of the rhythms of the song. Chaos was never at it's best in any other mix.

Cons: DDR Ultramix 2 can be very jumpy. It looks like it is having problems keeping up the refresh rate (Kinda like Halo 2....). The graphics can actually be so distracting that it blends the arrows into it. I'm not too much for the new in game feedback. The window that tells you whether you got a perfect, great, good, etc etc never dissapears, even during long pauses. It can sometimes be a challenge to read the pattern behind it.

The way to solve the jumpiness is to simply turn off the dancers and the videos.

The con that transfered over from Ultramix is the xbox controller itself. It was not made for playing ddr with your hands.

They seem to have improved something in the mapping though because I no longer get any faulty misses while using a PS2 to X box conversion for my Cobalts. It was this fact that made original ultramix unplayable to me. Joe had actually given me his adaptors for free because he was so upset at how poorly it worked on UM1 at DDR-A-Thon 3.

I joyfully anticipate UM3 whenever they decide to announce and release it.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:

Cons: DDR Ultramix 2 can be very jumpy. It looks like it is having problems keeping up the refresh rate (Kinda like Halo 2....). The graphics can actually be so distracting that it blends the arrows into it. I'm not too much for the new in game feedback. The window that tells you whether you got a perfect, great, good, etc etc never dissapears, even during long pauses. It can sometimes be a challenge to read the pattern behind it.

The way to solve the jumpiness is to simply turn off the dancers and the videos.
When I played my friends UM2, I noticed this first off. The music was alright, but damn those graphics are just a distraction for the arrows. The arrows are even different from arcade and the refresh rates still mess me up even when the dancers and video was turned off.

Too distracting, and it's overall just a bad mix. IDK why everyone loves it.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:52 pm

Oh Ultramix. I thought it sounded cool, but I dont have an xbox and wasnt about to buy it for DDR. But I liked the ability to play with 4 people.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:17 pm

The songlist alone makes it the best home mix ever.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:57 pm

exactly.

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm

It's got Midnight Special, doesn't really need too much else. ; D
The internet is serious buisness, kids.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:41 pm

Playing with more than 2 ppl at a time sucks. The arrows look so smooshed together when 3 or 4 ppl play at once, even when i played on a 50 inch tv. I like some of the remixed songs on there though...like I Feel and Max 300.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:15 pm

i hated what they did to make a jam, max300, and dream a dream... i thought the remixes were horrible... i like being able to play with 4 players.. sure it looks small but big deal.... if you wanna play 4 players on Halo or any other FPS game everything looks smaller... just deal with it ;)

i think the quads option is interesting... but it would be WAY too expensive to set that up .... and you would need a big room to do it in... what i thought would make quads more interesting is if they made a 4 pad square.... instead of the 4 pad line like they have now.... it would make it so much harder... but i think people would still not play it at all :p

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:53 am

Yeah, I play ultramix 1 on xbox live, But it's no fun, people use controllers when they play. I'm over there trying to keep up with their never tiring fingers and my really tired legs...thats not ferr gangsta....