A simple, yet, ANGRY rant.

Moderator: Moderators

The X
Standard
Standard

A simple, yet, ANGRY rant.

Post by The X » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:20 pm

DDR arcade play has really put me in a huge rut nowadays. Every since SuperNOVA came into the works, people have begun there stupid, little familiar Arcade habits again that many people have seemed to forget about. So, I'm here to remind everyboby the Proper way to play and be respectful so EVERYONE can have a good time, NOT just you.

1. I can streess this one enough.....STOP with the STUPID CREDIT LINES!

Seriously, people don't know how to keep track of there credits....EVER. Just don't put a credit in UNTIL it's your turn. It makes perfect sense that the risk of a stolen credit, or a all-day bickerfest doesn't present itself. And if no one is sure who's turn it is...well....ASK someone. Don't be shy. You're around fellow DDRers. Conversation is bound to happen at some point, unless the people waiting to play are just a bunch of haters. Simplest thing in the world.

2. Stop being so friggin' cocky. I can't stand it when people go around the friggin' crowd of players saying how great they are and how everyone else sucks. IT'S A GAME, PEOPLE!!!!! Like your skill in a game that involves arrow stomping is REEEAAAAALLLLY gonna earn you a living. IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you have nothing nice to say, JUST WALK AWAY. If no one is good enough for you, why would you wanna be there in the first damn place? Step off. I know people should do their best to ignore ill comments, but that doesn't give the bragging idiots the right to disturb the peace.

3. Let the other player pick, at least, ONE song. I can't name the many and many times I had to suffer through 3 songs that I absolutely couldn't stand because the other player got greedy with the song selection. Also, ask if the song choice is ok with the other player. Don't just get to the song and then pick it, especially if you have no intention of holding the button down so people can choose their options. 1x is just about impossible for me to see nowadays, and I'm sure many people who play feel the same way.

4. If some who doesn't play starts to bug you, the best way to get past it is just to ignore them until they go away....

But...let's face it. Like ANYONE does THAT anymore. amirite?

Now, I'm not saying get angry and bash their skulls in, but don't just take that crap. Tell the arcade owner, or something and have them booted out. An arcade is a place for people to have fun, not to MAKE fun of others, and I don't make fun of people who play Tekken, so WTF?

I'm pretty much done, and out of breath, That, and I'm a bit ill...

Back to bed....yay sick days....

-Matthew Dunn, the pissed-off African-Native-Irish-American.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:08 pm

1. I'm glad we dont have that problem here in fort wayne. That's one thing that bothers me to death about Gameworks. I dont think I could handle Matt. You get bonus points for that.

2. I'm interested who you're talking about. I thought the only ppl with talent in indy that play were you, casey, and david (if he even plays there/anymore).

3. You have to be referring to noobs because I thought giving a heads up about picking a song and options was DDR edicate(sp?) and well known by now.

4. This is my favorite. I'm a non-confrontational person but I love calling ppl out who bug me or make fun of the game. After my song is over, I look at them and urge them to give it a try, while making them look like an ass for backing out.

...I also have to add, I cant stand when ppl try and talk to you while you're playing. Like ppl asking, "Is that hard? It looks hard." That has to be the dumbest question while you're playing a hard ass song.

I agree with you all the way matt, but keep chuckin out the good scores.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:03 pm

I agree on everything man. I've only been to GW twice, both around 1-2 years ago, and that's exactly how everyone acted. Bickering over a dancing video game is ridiculous. :P

I'm lucky I don't have to deal with this at Greenfield, considering I'm the only player. n_n

another thing... what I can't stand is when people play multiple times in a row without asking if anyone else wants to play / stepping off so others can step up, given that the waiters are "non confrontational".
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:...I also have to add, I cant stand when ppl try and talk to you while you're playing. Like ppl asking, "Is that hard? It looks hard." That has to be the dumbest question while you're playing a hard ass song.
oh my god i hate that. There's so many little kids in That Fun Place that do that to me, it's not abnormal to get asked that question 1-2 times a day.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:59 pm

i once hit a guy who put his token up on the monitor while i was playing. he was blocking my view so i got mad and hit him in his jaw. i hate those fuckers so much. i always wait to do that until some1 is done with a song
Team KIMO represent!

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 pm

I once shot a guy because he was planning on playing a game after I was done playing.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Cbav wrote:
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:...I also have to add, I cant stand when ppl try and talk to you while you're playing. Like ppl asking, "Is that hard? It looks hard." That has to be the dumbest question while you're playing a hard ass song.
oh my god i hate that. There's so many little kids in That Fun Place that do that to me, it's not abnormal to get asked that question 1-2 times a day.
I don't know, I somewhat enjoy the comments, and the occasional call-me-a-loser reference. Being in the play, I love attention of any kind, whether I be shrined as a hero or degraded as a freak.

Maybe I'm just an attention whore...

...READ MY POSTS ALREADY!!!!!!
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Pepper spray. Always had it when I was living in Chi.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: A simple, yet, ANGRY rant.

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 pm

This is why I always went and played by myself and always thanked God that no one else was at the arcade when I was there. Tokens 'n' Tickets was perfect for this because all the fuckers went to Putt-Putt. Having a machine to yourself is pure knee-destroying bliss.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Merk wrote:This is why I always went and played by myself and always thanked God that no one else was at the arcade when I was there. Tokens 'n' Tickets was perfect for this because all the fuckers went to Putt-Putt. Having a machine to yourself is pure knee-destroying bliss.
Hi, I'm Mr. Merkler and I bump 4 year old posts.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi, I'm Mr. SoDeepPolaris and I make dumb meaningless posts.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:04 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Hi, I'm Mr. SoDeepPolaris and I make dumb meaningless posts.
Hi, I'm Mr. DAVE101 and I poop on public buses.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Merk wrote:This is why I always went and played by myself and always thanked God that no one else was at the arcade when I was there. Tokens 'n' Tickets was perfect for this because all the fuckers went to Putt-Putt. Having a machine to yourself is pure knee-destroying bliss.
Hi, I'm Mr. Rodent, and I quite enjoyed destroying your lonely bliss at TnT.

This thread also confused me for a few seconds...

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Adam you were cool because you kept to yourself mostly and when we did speak you weren't awkward as fudge. I mean, you were awkward just like me, but it wasn't malicious like an aspie.

No no, you were one of the good ones. But sometimes you just want to play some fucking DDR and not make idle chit-chat, you know what I'm saying.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 pm

touché salesman

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 am

Merk wrote:Adam you were cool because you kept to yourself mostly and when we did speak you weren't awkward as fudge. I mean, you were awkward just like me, but it wasn't malicious like an aspie.

No no, you were one of the good ones. But sometimes you just want to play some fucking DDR and not make idle chit-chat, you know what I'm saying.
I also enjoyed interrupting your solo endeavors at the arcade.