DDR Hottest Party for the Nintendo Wii

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

DDR Hottest Party for the Nintendo Wii

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:08 am

Well, it was officially announced today that DDR will be coming to the Wii.

Because I'm feeling too lazy to retype it all, you can read more here.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:53 am

can you attach the wiimote to your foot to play?

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:55 am

Only if you're standing on your hands to hit the arrows.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:14 pm

"Entirely new soundtrack"?

uh oh :shock:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 am

The game will be using the Gamecube interface so anybody who has pads that support that or a PStwo/GC adapter will be able to play with no problems.

However there are two issues I have from what I've seen of the game.

1. They are trying to bring back the concept of using hands in the game again like they tried in Non-Extreme US with the eyetoy camera. My suggestion to Konami of America, stop being a bunch of retards and doing this stupid shit!
2. Brand New Soundtrack: Did they figure out that this doesn't work when they tried DDR Mario Mix? Why in the hell won't Konami of Japan step in and bitchslap KoA over this decision?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:25 am

Amp Divorax wrote:2. Brand New Soundtrack: Did they figure out that this doesn't work when they tried DDR Mario Mix? Why in the hell won't Konami of Japan step in and bitchslap KoA over this decision?
Weren't we just raving over how awesome the music on DDRMAX AC was, albeit a somewhat small list thereof?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:34 am

Amp Divorax wrote:2. Brand New Soundtrack: Did they figure out that this doesn't work when they tried DDR Mario Mix? Why in the hell won't Konami of Japan step in and bitchslap KoA over this decision?
Mario Mix was released in Japan also. And in that particular case, it was probably more of a Nintendo decision than KoJ or KoA. Besides, I actually really like Mario Mix. :oops:

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Ho wrote:
Mario Mix was released in Japan also. And in that particular case, it was probably more of a Nintendo decision than KoJ or KoA. Besides, I actually really like Mario Mix. :oops:
As long as its harder than mario mix...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:33 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
Ho wrote:
My affinity for Mario Mix was not related to its challenge. It derived its fun factor from a very different place for me. I found it quite entertaining for its ability to make me smile and laugh.

I thought they did a great job of blending the two franchises. It had all the basic elements of DDR with many fun tidbits that sparked fond memories of my past experiences with Mario. And this is coming from someone who has never owned a Nintendo console before the Wii! (Though I did have an original Game Boy and currently own a DS Lite.)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Ho wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:
Ho wrote: Mario Mix was released in Japan also. And in that particular case, it was probably more of a Nintendo decision than KoJ or KoA. Besides, I actually really like Mario Mix. :oops:
My affinity for Mario Mix was not related to its challenge. It derived its fun factor from a very different place for me. I found it quite entertaining for its ability to make me smile and laugh.

I thought they did a great job of blending the two franchises. It had all the basic elements of DDR with many fun tidbits that sparked fond memories of my past experiences with Mario. And this is coming from someone who has never owned a Nintendo console before the Wii! (Though I did have an original Game Boy and currently own a DS Lite.)
I looked on YouTube, and the 'hardest song' looks like its not even entertaining... lol i guess they werent aiming for people who are already ddr fans though

Just as long as this isnt the same since i plan on getting a wii :)
You will be baked

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:57 pm

I don't get any indication that Hottest Party is targeted to be a Nintendo and/or Mario tie-in game. It looks to be more like Ultramix on the Xbox. That's not to say that it will be anything like Ultramix, only that it is sort of a "parallel" to the mainline DDR series and therefore has some unique and different characteristics not found in the 1st-Extreme+SuperNOVA track.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Konami's official page for the game is now up.

http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp ... test_party

I should also mention that this has screenshots of the game up. Unfortunately, they are using the new BG Dancer system they introduced in Supernova. 4 player gameplay has been confirmed, but the pics are 4:3 so I have to wonder if this game will support the 16:9 and 480p capabilities of the Wii. (Universe was widescreen so I see no excuses on this one.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:13 pm

In the first screenshot, why is the rightmost arrow coming in UNDER the arrow outline? In the other ones it's normal.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:42 pm

From what I've seen of the pics, I have reason to believe that they may be fabricated and just representations of what they are doing on the Wii. This isn't the first time Konami has done this with a bemani game as I remember some of the BMUS screenshots being off.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Bumped and with good reason.

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/ddr/na/gs/hp/ has a trailer for the game on it which shows how gameplay will work. Also, as shown in the trailer, this game will use a different announcer. (Personally speaking, he doesn't sound too good so if I do end up with this game I'm turning the announcer off immediately.) There will be only 50 songs, with 25 Konami Originals and the following licenses are confirmed:

Disco Inferno - ??? (artist unknown; as made famous by The Trammps)
Temperature - Sean Paul (You gotta be fucking kidding me! Why is this douchebag back in DDR?)
Unappreciated - as made by Cherish

I hope the Japanese version of Hottest Party has a better songlist.

Oh, something that's not shown in the video, this release will have mines! Unless I can turn that gay shit off this release has completely jumped the shark!
Memorable 2016 quotes: